Zeiss up-dates the 25mm lens in Nikon mount

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Rob Skeoch, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Zeiss makes a number of lenses in the Nikon F mount. In the past they have offered the 25mm F2.8 lens.

Over the past year or so they have been up-dating the lens line-up to include the CPU chip which supports all important operations such as the aperture settings and program modes.

They have just released the up-dated Distagon 25mm F2.8 ZF.2 lens. The cost is $1004. I should have them available next week.

-Rob

2. TSSPro

TSSPro Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool news, didnt know that they had the ability to change aperture via the dials on the camera body. Sweet.

3. andrewkirkby

andrewkirkby Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the heads up Rob, i'm going to check it out :smile:

4. Michael R 1974

Michael R 1974 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 25mm ZF is nothing to write home about. I was hoping it would put the Nikkor 24mm AF-D to shame, but in my opinion it doesn't. Some other lenses in the ZF line, like the 35mm are great. The 25 is nothing special.

5. WRSchmalfuss

WRSchmalfuss Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Zeiss 25mm ZF.2

Compared to any 24mm wide angles, the 25mm Zeiss lens has the great advantage to produce no "egg-heads" at the image corners, due to its special optical design! I am using the 25mm Distagon since decades very successfully for society and wedding photography, beside others. AF functions are absolutely not required! The superb 25mm Distagon is one of my most important wide angle glasses on my Contax RTSIII, AX, and 5DII.:wink: