Zone VI enlarger screws

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by trudee yama, Nov 14, 2009.

1. trudee yama

trudee yama Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You can probably guess I have an older Zone VI enlarger. Need to find set screws for motorized focusing unit. Six very small screws when tightened secure sleeve to a rod. When screws are not tight, I can focus by hand. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Trudee

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. DAP

DAP Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I would try a local hardware store or Fastenal. You could also try smallparts.com or mcmaster.com if you would rather shop online. I don't have a Zone VI enlarger so I don't know which specific screws you are referring to, but I'd find it hard to believe that a small darkroom company would have custom one-off set-screws machined for them (although I've been wrong before :confused:smile:.

4. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree with DAP - go to a hardware store with a large section of fasteners. That probably leaves out Lowes and Home Depot (assuming you're in North America).
    juan

5. DWThomas

DWThomas Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the US, some fairly ordinary hardware stores, such as Ace, have a section with little pull-out slides of compartmented boxes with a bewildering array of small hardware. My nearest one has a surprisingly good selection of metric, brass and stainless steel parts, as well as the more mundane plated steel hardware.
    DaveT