Zoom with K mount adapter , is it still sharp ?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have collected an Cosina and Tamron 70-210 zoom from APUG Free thread. Zoom was an Adaptall if I am not wrong and comes with an K mount adapter. I saw some picture galleries about that lens and it was extremelly sharp. But view from the finder was not extremelly sharp , Am I missing something ?

Umut

2. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Which Tamron 70-210?
    I have an SP 3.5 that is very good.

3. PentaxBronica

PentaxBronica Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Check that the adapter is properly fitted?

I thought the Adaptall mount was purely a mechanical coupling (no glass), so it shouldn't make any difference which is fitted. However, if not quite correct then it could put infinity focus out.

Are the pictures sharp? I've never really been able to spot a sharp lens through the viewfinder, only by taking a magnifier to the negatives afterwards.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is a sharp lens, I know I checked it :smile:

Viewwfinders aren't that sharp particularly when they don't have dioptre adjustment to adjust for eyesight. Remember when you do use it because it's a telephoto zoom you need to use a faster shutter speedparticularly at the 200mm end of the range.

Ian

5. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    This is important information for me.Thank you.

Thank you Ian , this is my first japanese and slr in 20 years. I had been missed to use telephoto. I am eating film with it and I am using with slow speeds because I ve been quite lazy to use my brain and I left everything to online photo editors.
    I am listening calm radio and I feel sleepless and tired for last 3 days. What a torture and I am going to listen Iron Maiden after all:smile:

Thank you all ,

Umut

6. PentaxBronica

PentaxBronica Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have seen people say that they could tell a lens was soft as soon as they looked into the viewfinder, but I've never been convinced. It just isn't big enough. Maybe with a magnifying eyepiece but I've tried great lenses and ghastly ones, only noticed the difference when the prints came back.