Zxorb, a photographer worth looking at

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by WarEaglemtn, Sep 16, 2006.

1. WarEaglemtn

WarEaglemtn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    http://www.aros.net/~zxorb/

Richard Prehn, ZXORB, is a wild and crazy photographer that makes his own sets and comes up with photos that are often hand painted and look anything but a photograph. He has given seminars for Marshall oils and has taught workshops in the old Soviet Russia as well. His website gives some good examples of his work and is worth a look. I post this as a friend who doesn't do this type of work but I sure do enjoy some of what he does.

2. George Papantoniou

George Papantoniou Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Interesting experiments... nice (nic-)name...

Although I find his formalistic-stylistic approach rather naive, I like some of the results...

Thanks for the link.

3. WarEaglemtn

WarEaglemtn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Richard has been a friend for a long time. He has given seminars for Marshalls handcoloring and sure is interesting and entertaining as he does so.

I have watched his latest stuff coming out mounted on large circuit boards, those big plastic circuit boards for computers and electronic machinery. Some different mounting methods and overcoating that is interesting. His stuff on stainless steel and aluminum with welded framing an integral part of the artwork is also worth seeing.

Thought I would give him a plug on here as his stuff is a bit different than much of what we usually see posted.

4. John_Brewer

John_Brewer Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Wow, I love his work, thanks for the link.

J

5. Gene_Laughter

Gene_Laughter Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks. To me = inspirational!

Gene

6. Dorothy Blum Cooper

Dorothy Blum Cooper Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for sharing this...I just PM'd you.

7. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Interestingly, I had the opportunity to meet Richard last night. He is genuinely passionate about his work. I would venture that he has no choice, but to create, and that his work is, and will continue to be, an incredible personal journey, that he shares for those who wish to see. I am very glad for the opportunity to have met him.

8. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Gotta love Richard! I too met him Saturday night. We sat and swapped stories of when we got in trouble. Such a kindred soul. Hubby just shook his head when I said it would be fun to do a road trip with Richard. I think hubby was wondering if he should start saving for the bail money.

9. WarEaglemtn

WarEaglemtn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format