I must be really lucky. The only time I have ever had contamination problems was when I used my fingers instead of gloves to move prints. The source of the contamination was very obvious: streaks running down the paper from the corner I had lifted the prints. Went to stainless steel tongs, no more contamination.
I use the same trays, tongs and graduates for lith printing that I do for normal printing. But I always rinse my trays out and let air dry between sessions. As I said, I must be very lucky!
Rick sorry for taking so long to respond. Tray has the guttered bottom (troughs) I develope face up. I always use distilled water. My prints are already getting better. I believe I was also agitating too strongly. Was getting real bad edge development. Will be giving it another go tomorrow.
I'm very happy to hear the prints are improving for you. Usually strong edge development happens when you use a tray that's too small. If I remember correctly, you use a 16x20 tray for 8x10... With enough chemistry in the tray you can just rock it gently to slowly, but steadily, insure a flow of fresh developer across the paper surface.
Originally Posted by J.Marks
Keep us posted on your results!
Not sure if it's relevant but I thought I'd mention a similar problem I was having with the Arista powder (different manufacturer and formualtion).
It can be found here.
I have determined thus far that the B solution is causing my splotchiness. Whether or not it because I use tap water is my next thing to check (probably tonight).