Yeah, my goof.
Yeah, my goof.
I'm currently running a test strip of film.
I cut some unprocessed slide film, put it in a solution of sodium sulphide, until it went dark, washed.
I tried tin chloride in acidic environment, aluminium hydroxide, among others to no avail.
Taping a piece of tinfoil to one end (hoping that it'd be close enough for the attraction, assumed I would have to dissolve it to get sufficient contact), and soaking it in a sodium chloride + sodium bicarb solution, then transferring it to a solution of potassium ferricyanide and potassium bromide.. and this seems to have worked completely on the strip.
So if I tape the foil to an unexposed area on the roll with images, that should transfer through that hopefully. Although I wonder if there'll be areas that'll be surrounded by highlights that it wont be able to transfer through.
Last option would be dilute HCl.
IDK. This is way outside the norm and I have no experience. I'm very sorry. But, catalytic development might work using H2O2 in the developer (10 ml of 3% peroxide per liter of CD).
Yeh, H2O2 is a lot easier to get than cohex. It's worth a try.
Edit: See for example http://www.google.com/patents/US4097278
I'll give that a go on the next CD run.
It spent more than an hour in first dev without agitation, the thiocyanate has enough time to remove any remaining halide. The visual appearance is monochromatic, and not coloured. Looks the same as T-Max that went through E-6 once. Among other things. Ron suggested Silver Sulphide.
Bleaching back didn't work. After treating it with aluminium foil and an electrolytic solution, bleaching back has worked (that also worked on the sulphide treated test strip).
So Ron's right in that it was silver sulphide. We makes me worry the sulphur came from the thiocyanate.
If it was fixed, then the "S" came from Hypo probably.
The E6 developer does not use thiocyanate now AFAIL