I used citric acid in my development, but I also found it interesting that the clear acrylic I used for a cover actually made the two plant pics seem a little lighter.
I'm guessing I unknowingly had some citic acid on my hands when developing the print and caused the excess oxidation in those areas.
M1tch, those are two of my daily shavers actually! I also make my own and restore them. I need to figure out how to get a good quality print from taller objects. I going to grab a UV bulb on my way home tonight and try using a snoot on the fixture to columnate the light a bit more for a straight on exposure and eliminate the shadows.
Good fun, using this process! I will try some contrasty negatives as well.
The emulsion is actually pretty easy to make and low in toxicity. It's potassium ferricyanide and ammonium ferric citrate. Here's a great website for alt processes. http://www.alternativephotography.co...lassic-process
It's also pretty cheap to make too.
Just did my first print of a oiled paper positive using the info m1tch provided in his thread. This one is a bit over exposed at 13 minutes in sunlight. I lost a bunch of mid tones. The paper positive is a very low resolution laser print, which doesn't seem to matter much on this scene. I'm going to try 9 minutes on the next one.
Oh, the prints I did yesterday did oxidize fully and the blue spotting went away. I can see how this gets addictive! Great fun!
I shortened my exposure time to 7 minutes ad got much better mid tones. I wish it was a higher resolution print for this one, but it looks ok I think.