*POSTPONED* POSSIBLE FORUM SOFTWARE UPGRADE THIS WEEKEND
I was going to put this off a little longer in light of our recent server woes but an opportunity to upgrade the forum this weekend has presented itself. I have what would be described as a master php coder/vbulletin forum expert hired to be a part of the upgrade. I have prepped most of the files already but for the actual upgrade prefer to have an expert on board to make sure everything goes without a hitch. He can fit me in this weekend or in September so I'd rather get the bulk of the upgrade done now. Unfortunately this means forum posting, gallery posting, and classifieds posting could be locked for most if not all of the weekend. A temporary chatroom will be in place during this upgrade.
The basic plan will be:
-confirm upgrade is on
-lock the site down
-backup the site files and databases and confirm the backups are good
-begin the upgrade process
-bring the site back online but keep it in a locked state and start readding some of our more popular modifications and new functionality.
This is mainly the forum software upgrade and some design upgrades. Soon to follow will be the gallery, classifieds, articles, blogs, etc. My main concern is to get us on the new forum software then spend the next week or so finishing out the sitewide upgrades.