How to capture a screen shot for bug reports
I see you are on Windows. It is very easy:
Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield
- Open a new Word or OpenOffice document
- Go back to APUG and replicate the bug on screen
- If you see the problem, hit the "Prt Scr" (print screen) button. It is usually located somewhere in the upper right corner of your keyboard. Ironically, contrary to what you might expect, this doesn't "print-your-screen" to your "all-in-one" printer, but copies the entire screen content as an image... The name of the button may be some remnant of the 1970's technology prehistoric PC's when the button probably did "print-your-screen"... :D They never updated keyboards though ;)
- Go back to Word or OpenOffice, and choose Edit/Paste from the menu or hit "Ctrl+v" (hit the v button while holding down the Ctrl button) which is the same. The screen shot should now appear as an image in your Word document.
- Save the Word or Openoffice document, and e-mail it to Sean.