PDA

View Full Version : Small Print Exchange - Round 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Laurent
03-06-2012, 07:44 AM
I didn't see a "feedback thread" for this exchange.

I received a very nice print from John, showing Douglas Lake Range. I really love the peaceful mood that "flows" from this landscape, thanks !

paul_c5x4
03-06-2012, 11:26 AM
My group two prints are now winging their way west.

johnnywalker
03-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Hi Laurent, glad you like the picture. Sorry my writing is so bad, but it's actually taken on the Douglas Lake Ranch, one of the largest cattle ranches in North America.

I didn't see a "feedback thread" for this exchange.

I received a very nice print from John, showing Douglas Lake Range. I really love the peaceful mood that "flows" from this landscape, thanks !

Laurent
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi Laurent, glad you like the picture. Sorry my writing is so bad, but it's actually taken on the Douglas Lake Ranch, one of the largest cattle ranches in North America.

Your writing is MUCH better than my reading :( you actually wrote RANCH and I read RANGE... Need to change my glasses I'm afraid !

Barry S
03-07-2012, 10:25 PM
I received John's lovely print as well. Thank you! I've been in the darkroom all week working, but only have work prints so far. For some reason, I decided to use a brand new paper (Ilford MG Art 300) *and* print a very tricky negative. Must be the masochist in me. :) The Art 300 is beautiful paper and worth the effort--I've figured out the density and contrast changes from toning and drydown. If all goes well I should have my prints ready in about a week.

anikin
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
I have received a first print for this exchange from Loren Sattler. I love the snow scene! Living in western Oregon we very rarely see the snow, and I miss it so much! Great point of view and very interesting scene.
Thank you very much.

Barry S
03-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Thank you Loren, I like your print--very nice composition. I finished my prints tonight--woohoo! Had to abandon my original negative, but found another one I like a lot. If I can get some envelopes tomorrow, you'll all get your prints soon.

--Barry

Terry Christian
03-14-2012, 04:56 PM
I just received an envelope today containing two prints from paul_c5x4: my first arrival from this exchange. I won't spoil them for the rest of the group, but both images are drastically different, each wonderful in its own way, and I love the contrasting choices of papers too.

I just shipped out my own prints earlier this week, so they should be hitting their destinations anytime now.

delphine
04-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Group 3 people :)

I am running a little late on the printing front due to having to manage (sort of) building works at the moment. I am hoping to be able to print this week-end as the tests were done, and I thought through my printing exploration.

I received a print from Loren. Loren printed a view from a cabin on a Lake with some reeds, and some trees in the background, all very moody, as it is a misty morning. By far, the best print that I have received in a long time. Very atmospheric, I like the fact that the tonality holds throughout, and the contrast is just right. For a small print, may be it is a little big :-), this said I really like the long landscape format. Could the oil from the noise (or back of the ear) have done the trick to tune down the scratches? A print to frame.

Best

Delphine

anikin
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
My prints are in the mail. Yay! I did stretch the definition of "traditional" a bit. Please forgive me.

Loren Sattler
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
For Group 3, I have received only one print so far and that was an interesting alternative process one from Anikin. What's up?

delphine
04-24-2012, 05:28 AM
For Group 3, I have received only one print so far and that was an interesting alternative process one from Anikin. What's up?

Hi Loren, I already posted http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1325769 to apologize about my late submission. I am very apologetic as I am otherwise very timely. Unfortunately, my home is like a building site at the moment, I don't even have bed! I started this project with a 3 weeks timeline and we are now running into the third month, with its up and low moments, as it is inherently a stressful period. I am lucky to have my darkroom offsite, but I am finding it difficult to multitask. At the same time, I chose to work on the idea of a small print in may be a different way, which is proving a little bit more involved, as the idea is evolving as I am progressing through the print work. Hopefully you find it worth the wait. Thank you kindly for bearing with me.

I received a print from Anikin. I am not sure in which sense the definition/concept of "traditional" got stretched. It is both a wonderful image and contact print. The pd/pl printing does compliment very nicely the image. An excellent print to be proud of. I'll be very happy to frame this one as well, when I have a normal home again like normal people do.

Best

Delphine

rst
04-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Group 3: I am sorry, I am late this time - very late. I will do my prints next week and they should go out late next week. Again, sorry for being so late and unresponsive.

As of now, I received a very nice palladium print from Eugene. Thanks brother that reminded me that out there, there is so much to learn for me, and pt/pd is on the to-do list once time allows.

Cheers
Ruediger

Laurent
05-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Group 1 : I finally was able to post my prints.

But I'm still missing Joe's address and my PM brought no reply so far...

rst
05-11-2012, 08:13 AM
My prints are in the mail and should knock at your door sometime next week. Sorry for being late but times were tough.

Cheers
Ruediger

anikin
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
I have received a beautiful mounted lith print from Ruediger. I always enjoy your pinholes. They are so much fun! I personally would have called this "The last resting place of number 8. RIP." :) I love it!

Thank you!

rst
05-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Welcome Eugene, thanks for the kind comments, I am glad you like it. I was a bit in doubt about the lith because this time I sent some really grainy ones. So, at least for you it was the right decision. Good. :)

Cheers
Ruediger

johnnywalker
05-19-2012, 01:12 AM
I received two prints from Laurent today, both are just plain lovely. One is of some poplars hanging onto a cliff by their fingernails, overlooking a lake. The tones are great, the sharp high-contrast poplars in the foreground against a misty lake and hills in the background. The other is another misty scene, a pond with bullrushes? in the foreground, a very serene and peaceful picture.

delphine
06-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Group 3 people.

I finally put my prints in the post this morning. I am very apologethic for my delay. I left a note to explain with the print. I hope you enjoy it.

Best

Delphine

Terry Christian
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
I just received today Craig Cross' beautiful waterfall image, and I was dumbstruck by the presentation and the care taken with it. The image is completely worth it, though. My ONLY complaint is that is isn't a standard size, so I can't pop it into a frame I already have on hand! :p Great job, Craig - the tones are absolutely superb.