PDA

View Full Version : A/NZ PX Round #6 - Sign up.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

SteveR
04-03-2012, 03:46 AM
Mine went express post today, so hopefully you'll see them tomorrow. I'll pick up in person, so I can get that box of Panalure to you

Oxleyroad
04-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Mine went express post today, so hopefully you'll see them tomorrow. I'll pick up in person, so I can get that box of Panalure to you

Cool, but I would not stress about the panalure. We'll exchange it in time.

Oxleyroad
04-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Two more parcels arrived in today's post. SMBooth & SteveR.

So status now is;
1. Andrew K - Rec'd
2. Oxleyroad - Done.
3. tomalophicon - Rec'd
4. munz6869 - Rec'd
5. Barrie B. - Rec'd
6. hoffy - Rec'd
7. ged - Rec'd
8. Enrico Scotece - in the post this week
9. SMBooth - Rec'd
10. SteveR - Rec'd
11. Nige - Rec'd

As soon as Enrico's arrive I will sort and post out to all.

tomalophicon
04-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Woop.

Oxleyroad
04-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Status update;
1. Andrew K - Rec'd
2. Oxleyroad - Done.
3. tomalophicon - Rec'd
4. munz6869 - Rec'd
5. Barrie B. - Rec'd
6. hoffy - Rec'd
7. ged - Rec'd
8. Enrico Scotece - in the post
9. SMBooth - Rec'd
10. SteveR - Rec'd
11. Nige - Rec'd

So the prize for last to arrive will go to Enrico! If they arrive today, they'll go out in the first post next week.

SteveR
04-05-2012, 09:10 AM
...If they arrive today, they'll go out in the first post next week.

...How'd we go? :munch:

Oxleyroad
04-10-2012, 08:02 AM
All parcels went out in today's post to everyone.

It was no until I sat down this evening that I understood SteveR's comments of he using gloss and matt and wanting me to comment on the difference. Well I had just laid out everyone's prints and while I had 1/2 hour to myself I sorted prints out to everyone without looking too much at them. So I never saw the matt and gloss prints - sorry.

That leads me to say now that I have looked at all of the prints we have such a great diverse range in both colour and black and white. I will comment by weeks end to give some of the rest of us participating to receive prints back to comment without any predudice from me.

Oh and this means Steve and Shane can tee up a time to collect there prints from me. I will PM my mobile to both of you in case you dont already have it.

SteveR
04-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Ignore the post that was here, I must have skipped your last paragraph when I read your post!

Nige
04-11-2012, 02:23 AM
got my envelope today...

I was accused of receiving eBay purchases but I said.. no, something much better when I noticed my own hand writing of the envelope!

A very good exchange I must say!

thanks to Andrew for organising once again...

munz6869
04-11-2012, 08:55 PM
My envelope appeared in the mail yesterday too - What a bounty! I enjoyed the fact that there's a 'sealed section' with 3D specs too - great novelty.

I'll inspect them all in detail shortly, and rant enthusiastically about each....

Marc!

hoffy
04-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Yes, the mail man has been for me as well.

Dare I say, 'Best Exchange Ever'?*

*may or may not be the best exchange ever

Oxleyroad
04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Hoffy. Gosh that is fast post to S.A. I expected with a standard prepaid envelope OzPost would be somewhat slower.

I have to agree with the comments so far. The variation in prints, and the overall quality has put my meager effort to shame. Have to pick up my game next round.

I have a question to everone that participates in a print exchange. How does everyone present the prints - Hanging, folder, boxes? I currently keep the prints in stacks for each of the exchanges. This really does not do any of the prints justice.

I will sit down on the weekend and put up all my comments for this round of prints.

Nige
04-12-2012, 12:16 AM
I enjoyed the fact that there's a 'sealed section' with 3D specs too - great novelty.!

I didn't notice no 3D specs... I tried viewing those cross-eyed but didn't achieve 3Dism... those books that do that must be a different process?

Nige
04-12-2012, 12:27 AM
Hoffy
I have a question to everone that participates in a print exchange. How does everyone present the prints - Hanging, folder, boxes? I currently keep the prints in stacks for each of the exchanges. This really does not do any of the prints justice.

I also keep them in stacks until I find a good way of storing them. This will need to cater for the info sheets which I enjoy reading. Since these exchanges are 'limited' to 10x8's, using a folder with transparent sleeves should be possible. In fact I have several ex Scapbooking 'acid free' folders (wife decided she didn't like them) that should do the job. I have done something similar to some (need to finish it off) of the postcard exchanges I've participated in (I posted a picture of it in one of the postcard threads some time ago). Some other exchanges I had have ended up with larger prints which are harder to store in exchange groups.

Nige.

munz6869
04-12-2012, 01:12 AM
Mine are all in an Ilford paper box cleverly labelled "APUG Print Exchanges" - the same system I use for my own prints that aren't for anything specific, and invariably 10x8"... This way I know exactly where they are, which is a start.

Marc!

Andrew K
04-12-2012, 09:16 PM
If I missed sending a set of 3D specs to someone please PM me your address and I'll send you a set...

"Sealed Section"....I like that :p

Nige
04-12-2012, 09:31 PM
found the specs.. I didn't see them initially. I can see why people gete excited about 3D photo's, very nifty!

hoffy
04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
BTW Andrew - I agree with how you went about producing the final images. I took them to my Photo Clubs meeting last night - everyone had a good time having a look at them.

Oh, and Eric (ex Ricoh rep) says Hi!

Andrew K
04-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks Hoffy...I'm glad everyone at your camera club like them

I was a but worried what people would think because I'd used a computer to make the anaglyphs (as I said I know it can be done in the darkroom - I've seen it done before here in Melbourne. The ones I saw were shot single camera, where the first shot was taken, the camera moved sideways approx 75mm, and then a second shot taken. They were amazing - which isn't surprising as they had been shot on a Widelux!)

And say hi to Eric for me - haven't seen him in a couple of years....

Oxleyroad
04-15-2012, 07:36 AM
Righto here is my thoughts on the prints received. No specific order other than how the pile prints is right now.

Tomalophicon - What a spectacular colour print. I would love this as a panoramic or as a wall sized print at the 4:5 ratio. What grabs me is the colour of the horizon is replicated at the bottom of the picture which I presume is the shore's edge. Just unreal.

SMBooth - The mountain ash. I feel like I am there Shane. I have seen many a morning like this when hiking in the alpine areas myself but never captured the scene. Appreciate the use of the Fomaspeed 312 RC paper, because I was wanting to know what it was like. Now I can go out and get myself some.

munz6869 - Station Pier, 5th Feb 2012. When I first looked (and everyone else that has looked at this photo) I thought geez what a shot from a helicopter. Then I read your info sheet and saw you grabbed the shot form the Spirit of Tazzie. This picture is for me the essence of our very small passenger port here in Melbourne.

BarrieB. - Rural farm yard. By gosh Barrie I bet you're glad that you or not hand writing more than 10 info sheets for the exchange, and you're kicking yourself for leaving the yellow filter back at the car. Dadswells Bridge means the giant koala with extreme ear hair. Thanks for sharing there is much more to the area than the giant koala.

Nige - My tunnel view, Yosemite National Park. Second picture on Fomaspeed 312 RC paper. Having never been there I also feel like I have. The water fall, the snow capped mountains and thick forrests of what looks like pine. My only comment is would this be improved if shot with a yellow or orange filter?

Hoffy - Milang. A second colour print. Thanks. It is great to see another doing RA4 processing. So who is Steven Shore? Great colour all the same the deep blue of the sky and the dryness of the land one the lake bank.

ged - A lot of work went into this Ged and it is one the I'd love to see in a larger format like 12x16 or larger. Your burning and dodging has worked well and split toning has done the print full justice. I really have to thank you for this marvellous print. It is this print that made me think again about the standard of my own work.

Andrew K - I always look forward to what you send out as it is always accompanied by a great deal of detail as to why, how and when etc. All of the 3d pictures have been a bi of a talking point about the home and the guests who regularly visit here. I can't wait until I am doing the same in the darkroom. More so than the postcards from the postcard exchange. I appreciate the two pictures from the Pentax 110 SLR are just brilliant.

SteveR - Forrest Trees. Don't know what to say about these the second set of trees. My only comment is that I think they are a bit dark. I don't mean to offend.

Enrico Scotece - Lester's Lot. Second print on Oriental paper. My mother looked at this print and wished it was in colour as she said it took her back to her child hood back on the farm near the Grampians in Victoria. Mum said her dad had made all the she'd on th farm from what ever he could find, and left all sorts of items up against the walls. I think it is a great shot in B&W all the same as there is so much detail.

I also have to come clean. My print which I thought was mine was in fact not mine but my wife's. We both had cameras out on a working bee that weekend and she has very clearly pointed out that all my prints were in taken in colour taken with my Minolta Dynax. I am quite embarrassed to have laid claim to pictures that are not mine, and it is my wife who participated this time not me. All I did was get the image off the film an onto paper.

My sincerest apologies people and thanks to all who participated.