PDA

View Full Version : 2012 - anyone want to plan something? Central Texas or Coastal Bend?

Katie
01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm in La Grange - squat in the middle of the Austin-Houston-San Antonio area, but also have a place in Rockport (30 min from Corpus). Anybody want to try a Spring meetup in either area? Rather than a photo shoot; maybe we could do a darkroom tour? I am VERY interested to see others darkrooms and/or work processes. Anyone?

Rick A
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
If I were still living in Manor I'd say lets do 6th St. any time you choose. However, I'm up here in the nordlund and won't be back down there for a long time. I'd love to shoot around Smithville though, very interresting area.

Katie
01-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Smithville is my backyard! :)

Let me know when you are coming!

Anyone else?

JudyS
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
We should be on each other's contact lists. I get down to Port Aransas occasionally so my soul can breath some salt air. I shoot and print film and am learning wet-plate. Oh, and I make my own pinhole cameras, 4x5 to 32x40, thus far. Today shooting a Speed Graphic with a Petzval lens for its nose, on the Mississippi gulf coast. Having all sorts of fun. Judy, Wichita Falls

Katie
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi Judy ... I am seriously contemplating getting into wet plate. I am currently trying to replicate the look a bit using deep blue filters on regular film. At this moment, I have two blogs of colliodion artists that I'm enamored with. :) I might want to learn some of your tricks!

smiling gecko
06-09-2012, 11:47 PM
hello,

just moved to luling from austin and loooooove it. am looking around town for a space - on my budget, a small one for a darkroom. mebbe i can sublet from a local business???

how about a fall on-the-coast meet up? summer is here and that means i am out for either early light or late light because the heat just kills me...galveston-born and not a great sun/heat fan anymore...

breathe, relax and enjoy.
smiling gecko, aka kenneth

nsurit
06-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, I'm in Corpus during the week and sometimes on the weekend. Could be interested in a gathering down this way in the fall. Summer is pretty dang hot, but I guess I'm preaching to the choir. Port A, Rockport, CC that sounds like the start of something. I do a little wet plate and a fair amount of other alt process.

Oh, seeing as how we are Texas photographers, you might want to take a look at A Smith Gallery in Johnson City. My home on weekends for the next couple of years is Canyon Lake, which is central Texas. When I finish graduate school it will be my full time home. A Smith Gallery has several juried shows each year. A look at present and past shows should let you know it is a good place to play. Take a look. The folks showing in this gallery are from all over, however Texas is well represented. Amanda Smith, gallery owner and superb photographer. is a good person to know. https://asmithgallery.com/ Bill Barber