PDA

View Full Version : San Diego - print sharing session?

Robert Oliver
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Anybody in the San Diego area want to join me for a real life, hold it in your actual hand, real print sharing session?

I'm based in North San Diego county...

I shoot many film formats, but mainly 4x5...

ColdEye
01-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi, I would love to. :)

Robert Oliver
01-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Let's set something up. Where are you located?

Then next question would be coffee or beer?

Would love to start networking with other film shooters in the area...

PhotoJim
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
I`m in San Diego once a year... if this becomes regular and the timing is right it would be great to participate.

Alas, I won't be back until December.

ColdEye
01-25-2012, 09:14 PM
I am at Mira Mesa. I will take anything except coffee. :D

ntenny
01-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm in Poway (inland North County), and in principle I'd be up for photo gatherings. I'm usually spectacularly busy, however, so I hesitate to make specific commitments of any kind. Also, my prints kind of suck... :-)

-NT

orlovphoto
01-28-2012, 02:20 PM
I'm in San Diego - run the Rollov Film Center darkroom right above Camera Exposure in North Park.
Wold love to network and am sad that I only found this thread now as I'm moving out of town in a week or two to go work on this:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/351976604/the-photo-palace-bus
Please spread the word about it and donate if you can what you can - also, feel free to give me a call and I'd love to hang out. I shoot 120 mostly, but love 4x5 and 8x10 (think I might fire up my 8x10 Durst enlarger today....) The number for my darkroom is on the darkroomprinting.com website and my cell is on the answering machine)

Have a great one!
Anton

Dan Dozer
03-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Just found this thread. While I don't live in the SD area (I live in Palm Springs), my office is in Solana Beach and I try to get there a couple of days a week. Would love to participate when you guys get together if I'm in town then.

I shoot mainly 8 x 10.

Beer goes way better with me than coffee!

jermaineB
03-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Just found this thread as well! I just moved to the area although I'm somewhat familiar with it from frequent visits. I too can't be totally committed due to family and job, but would love to meet up with a group of APUG members. Just got my first enlarger so I haven't made any prints yet. I also ran across Anton's website and definitely want to get over there to learn about enlarging...especially the 4x5's until I can one day get an 8x10! I have mostly captured 35mm and 120, but I have a 4x5 as well but haven't gotten comfortable with it yet.

GKR1
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Just found this thread, did you guys come up with any meets?

Thanks

Peter Schrager
01-17-2013, 06:26 PM
seems like people can never get their act together...I live in L.A. have put out my warmth and welcome mat mat but still just go my own way. I also have an amazing space where we can meet on any sunday...just putting it out there!!
have a great day everyone!
Peter

GKR1
02-05-2013, 04:06 PM
seems like people can never get their act together...I live in L.A. have put out my warmth and welcome mat mat but still just go my own way. I also have an amazing space where we can meet on any sunday...just putting it out there!!
have a great day everyone!
Peter

Wish you were in San Diego. I can make the drive but its a doozy.

Fixcinater
04-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Let's get this re-started. I work in MiraMesa and live in Normal Heights. Plenty of good/fun beer spots in the area.

Tentatively: April 28th (Sunday) or 29th. That work for anybody?

ColdEye
04-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Hey I'm in! :)

Peter Schrager
04-05-2013, 10:26 PM
if someone wants to send me a PM to remind me of this and tell me where to go I might be willing to take a ride...are you going to do anything like print sharing etc??
Best, Peter

Fixcinater
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Yessir, that would be my plan. Unfortunately, I can only do contact prints of 4x5s but I'd be able to get some 6x6 enlargements together for review.

Peter, what works better for you? Sundays?