PDA

View Full Version : Revitalised POSTCARD EXCHANGE Group

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

BarrieB
03-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Easter Saturday was the day for printing my Post Cards ; I hope to have the address labels done in a day or so, [B] Cheers Barrie B :).

BarrieB
03-26-2005, 05:36 PM
[B]A quick audit: I have received the following PostCards to date ; Kevin Caulfield,Broome W.A.Rocks and tidal pools - great.John Bartley, Pretoria Bridge,exquisite detail. Nige, our leader: delightfull petals. Ole tjugen, Water Lillies in pond, great. I expect more to come soon. Cheers Barrie B. :)

kaiyen
03-27-2005, 10:14 AM
All,
I've received 2 reports now of postcards being received with the label almost completely off. I fear that some of the ones I sent out won't make it to their destinations. I'm really sorry if you don't get one from me. I'll try to reprint some more later but, as I use an inkjet and my printer is in for service, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that anytime soon.

I'll be sure to use a different paper, labeling system, or both next time..

allan

Aggie
03-27-2005, 01:10 PM
All,
I've received 2 reports now of postcards being received with the label almost completely off. I fear that some of the ones I sent out won't make it to their destinations. I'm really sorry if you don't get one from me. I'll try to reprint some more later but, as I use an inkjet and my printer is in for service, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that anytime soon.

I'll be sure to use a different paper, labeling system, or both next time..

allan

You can resort to using the old fashioned analog method of a pen or even a pencil to address the postcards. Some I have from 2 years ago are not showing any adverse side effects of these luddite addressing methods.

Ole
03-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Aggie, my last postcard to you just turned up in my mailbox, marked "undeliverable"?

c6h6o3
03-28-2005, 04:36 AM
Mine are printed but not mounted. If I can't get them done tomorrow, it may have to wait until the middle of April.

Jon King
03-28-2005, 05:21 AM
I printed them Friday night & sent half of them out Saturday. The rest go out today :D

galanm
03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I am interested in joining this group. What do I have to do to get started?

Thanks,
Alan

hermit
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Since I do mostly alternative processes that are printed out and use the Sun mostly, my post cards are about half done and will be finished and mailed as soon as the Sun shows up!

Been enjoying those that have been arriving!

As always;

J Truman

Bruce Osgood
03-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I received this lovely card today and cannot make out who sent it. But thanks a lot.

Nige
03-28-2005, 05:45 PM
I am interested in joining this group. What do I have to do to get started?

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,

We do 'rounds' of postcards where everyone sends everyone else on the list (about 20ish usually) a card. We have a 3mth cycle... participation confirmation, printing & mailing, rest and catch up if the sun hasn't been favorable (the 'hermits' cards are well worth waiting for!). If you'd like to join in, email or PM me your snail-mail details (Name, Address) and an email I can send you msgs on.

Cheers, Nige

Jon King
03-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I received this lovely card today and cannot make out who sent it. But thanks a lot.

Oops, I realize I didn't put my full name or location on it. That location is less than a mile from my house in New Hampshire. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

c6h6o3
03-30-2005, 05:51 AM
Mine are printed but not mounted. If I can't get them done tomorrow, it may have to wait until the middle of April.

They'll have to wait. I'm off on a road trip today and won't be able to mount them until next week. Sorry. ---Jim

rjr
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Printed and toned them today, just wrote the adresses and remarks on them and will post them tomorrow.

Why so late? I actually wanted to distribute a new image, but came back from that shooting session with fogged film - a light seal failed. So I recycled a picture from earlier this year and tweaked a bit with thiorea on it - I didnīt expect the Ilford MG4RC Portfolio stock to react that well to toning.

I am eagerly awaiting your postcards, so far only two out of the current batch made the way.... the mailman starts to look scared when he approaches my mailbox without Postcards. ;-)

Nige
04-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Roman, I hope you've got mine by now?

rjr
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Nige, not the one from this round. So far itīs Allans panorama and the sepia tin can Skander sent.

rjr
04-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Nige,

not the one from this round. So far itīs Allanīs panorama and the sepia tin can Skander sent.

<stickytongueduetolickingtoomanystamps>

Kevin Caulfield
04-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Roman,

You must be missing the one I sent then. I have some spares and can send another if you like.

Kevin

rjr
04-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Odd, I canīt delete the double post.

Kevin,

Roman,

You must be missing the one I sent then. I have some spares and can send another if you like.

Kevin

Letīs give it another week or two and see then. Iīll give you a ping once the stuff shows up.

It _might_ be issues with the local mail, my stuff has been delivered to a wrong adress in the past.

rjr
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Postcards are sent - and I received 4 new.

Nigel, Kevin, Barrie and Jon, youīre of the hook. ;-)