PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 25 comments and feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

guitstik
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
I got the first thirtyone out and I have to get a few more printed up to fill out the rest of the list. I have already started to receive prints this past week and I'm enjoying seeing what others are doing.

Terry, I might just drop yours off at your work one day, let me know.

mooseontheloose
02-13-2012, 08:55 AM
I got my first cards of the round today -- hats off to the Canadians!

Beautiful reflections and interesting subject matter (especially for a girl from the prairies!) from Matt King and his boathouses.

Also Mike Wilde's hat trick of photos -- I think this is my favorite series that you've done so far for the postcard exchange. I especially like the double exposure of the Venice Beach Boardwalk. Wish I had happy accidents like that!

My cards went out last week -- hopefully they'll arrive somewhere soon!

ozphoto
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
My first card arrived today:

Rachelle's Paro Festival Dancer. Nicely captured and brings to life the dancer's involvement.

piu58
02-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I never got so fast a card: Rachelles paro festival. great shot! Thank you.

Terry Christian
02-13-2012, 12:09 PM
As of this morning, all of mine are officially in the mail.

guitstik: Feel free. We open at 7 AM. Just ask for me at the front desk, or text me. I've already dropped yours in the mail.

Trond
02-13-2012, 02:38 PM
The first cards have arrived! piu58's river tree. Very beautifully printed on warm tone paper. From mooseontheloose "Paro Festival Dancer #2". Great capture, and nicely printed and presented!

Now I just have to decide on a negative to print...

Thanks!

Trond

Rob Skeoch
02-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Matt King's Ladner Yacht Club arrived today. What a great photo with such full tones.
-Rob Skeoch

mooseontheloose
02-14-2012, 09:11 AM
Two more today (I love the start of rounds!):

Uwe's tree and ice shield, something I don't think I've ever seen, even having grown up in Canada. I like the subject but I think I would prefer it as a square (surprise, surprise) with the excess black water at the bottom cropped out.

Also Eugene's colour shot of cacti in bloom, somewhere in Utah. It's so nice to get colour photos in these exchanges and I like the muted colours of this particular shot.

Thanks guys!

Terry Christian
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
My very first postcard ever arrived today, and it was Rob Skeotch's engaging candid shot. Almost overshadowing the image is the paper choice: luxurious to say the least. Did you tone it? It has a warmer look than the "neutral" papers I have on hand.

mooseontheloose
02-15-2012, 04:17 AM
Rob, your card also reached me today -- six days from Canada to Japan! Who'd have thought it?

Anyway, gorgeous print on the Art 300 -- I really like the way the boy is posed over the bike -- very engaging!

Ricus.stormfire
02-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Looks like I'll have to get my rear into gear... sadly this might be my last Postcard Exchange for a while :(

ChristopherCoy
02-15-2012, 07:00 AM
I received my first three cards yesterday! I was so excited to see them when I returned home from work.

Joel's 'Dew In The Pines' is very nice! Reminds me of the times when I was a child and we'd go out to the Christmas Tree farm with my parents and my father would cut down a tree for us.

Rob's pinhole image of the Waterfall is very interesting as well! Not only is is the first pinhole image I think I've ever seen, it also introduced me to Fiber based paper! I love the silkiness of the waterfall caused by the long exposure.

And Mike Wilde's envelope of goodies! What an extremely nice presentation! Thanks for the notes on each print. While I enjoyed them all, the Venice Beach Boardwalk was definitely my favorite. What a happy accident it was indeed! I'd love to have that one in an larger square print!!

My box of Ilford Pearl Postcard paper should be delivered tomorrow, so I can't wait to spend the day in the darkroom on Friday! Hopefully I'll get all of mine mailed out over the weekend.

Rob Skeoch
02-15-2012, 07:44 AM
I used a couple different papers, as I finished off the boxes.
None are toned.
Different images as well.
-Rob Skeoch

delphine
02-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Hi all, my postcards were posted today to all.

Thank you for all the cards received so far, an interesting mix indeed. And looking forward to receiving the others :)

A good day to all,

D

Laurent
02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I received 3 cards since my last posting :

Rob Skeoch's Coca Cola fridge. The different textures I like a lot, and the three similar forms in the image are a joy to look at.
Rachelle's Paro Festival Dancer #1. Very ethnologic image. I like the way the dancer stands in front of the background, and the way you captured the movement.
Black Dog's Moment gathered from coincidence. Lovely shot, I'm sure the parents appreciate it and will cherish it for years. The similarity of expression between the baby and the toy is amazing, and the tight composition works fine.

Thanks !
Laurent

david James lee
02-15-2012, 09:16 AM
How I miss this postcard excahanges.... Now my enlarger is back in Mexico and i am in the other side in the world in Abu Dhabi....enjoy it everybody, i will read the postings..!!

David

Rob Skeoch
02-17-2012, 07:33 AM
A couple photos arrived today.
Uwe Pilz's shot of the ice shields was really nice. I've never seen those before. I'm sure they only lasted a few hours before dropping off.
Eugene Anikin's large format shot from Utah, I'm sure there must be stories about getting the cactus out of your hand since your under the dark cloth but right over the plant.
Great work guys.

-Rob Skeoch

ChristopherCoy
02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
All 25 of mine were printed this morning. Sorry, y'all are all getting the same one this go round. I'll try to keep on top of my posts cards and print more so that perhaps during the next round I can include one or two different photos.

I'm going to try and do labels tonight/tomorrow and get them mailed out Monday! This was SOOOOOOO fun!

ozphoto
02-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Rob's card arrived yesterday - nice tonal range and an interesting paper; reminds me of some of the Fotospeed I have; it will be interesting to see if it's released in AU at some stage.

megzdad81
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I am 20 % printed and 0% mailed. Neither hand is functioning properly at the moment, but I'm GOING to get done.