PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 25 comments and feedback

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

George Nova Scotia
04-30-2012, 05:36 PM
And Now for Something Completely Different ...
I received Dercks "Lava Arch" today. Very fine shot indeed! I love the dark lava against the light grey water.

I found the same card in my mailbox today! Also Hoffy's little taste of colour, a Huddle of Humpies.

hoffy
05-02-2012, 05:06 AM
I found the same card in my mailbox today! Also Hoffy's little taste of colour, a Huddle of Humpies.

Just curious, George - how did mine survive the trip? I was really afraid that the light weight paper may have been destroyed.

Cheers

Mike Wilde
05-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Hoffy's Yellow Hot Rod RA-4 print arrived yeayerday. Great image. Good compostion, and great exposure and filtration in the print. Well done.

George Nova Scotia
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Just curious, George - how did mine survive the trip? I was really afraid that the light weight paper may have been destroyed.

Cheers

Not too bad, slight bend on one corner. In fact pretty good, it got by the postal machine that likes to bite a lot of the cards. Somewhere there is a very nasty machine that likes to take a couple small bits out of cards. All part of the fun!

George

andrew.vartabedian
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Apologies to all, my cards just went out on Monday. Comments on ones that I have received are forthcoming.

Best,
Andrew

paul_c5x4
05-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Update on the cards received since my last posting.

George Nova Scotia Three small prints in an envelope on three different expired papers. Of the three, I like the feel of the Velox paper - Got any more ? ;)

markbarendt - Oahu North Shore Can't help wondering if a slightly harder grade of paper would have given the clouds a little more bite. None the less, makes me hanker after warm sunny days on a beach.

Kc2edh - Strength of Irene Amazing what nature can do to erase mankind's mark.

Derek Lofgreen - Lava Arch Like it :)

Black Dog - There is only the drama of objects Took me a little while to work out which way up to hold the card. The first colour one I've had for a while, and the print survived the journey intact.

Oxleyroad
05-05-2012, 03:59 PM
I left all my postcards with the post office yesterday. Or at least I left the postcards inside the red postbox infront of the post office.

I will make it my task to comment on all of pictures the have come in over the past months before I go to bed tonight.

piu58
05-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I got Andrews nice card yesterday. It shows the springs of a vibntage motobike's valve. I love the dark tones.

markrewald
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I must apologize. My cards are EXTREMELY late. They will be going out this week. I hope you don't mind the format this time. I ran out of time and did some C41(red-scaled) and had them printed at a printer. I do not have access to a color darkroom. I hope you enjoy them.

Laurent
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Since my last posting I received two cards : Derek's lava arch and Craig Cross' leaves canopy.

Thanks to you both !

I finally got my cards in the mail today (two are on "regular" paper since I went through the box a bit early :-( ). My apologies for being so late...

Oxleyroad
05-10-2012, 06:08 AM
24 from 30 so far

I have been as poor noting the arrivals and I was getting this round of prints done. But as mentioned earlier prints out, and now to note the 16 new arrivals.

drpsilver - Me, the bean, Chicago.
steelbar - Abandoned school.
delphine - Brighton Marina.
Nige - View from front veranda.
bluejeh2 - Building in a ghost town.
bluejeh - Coffee carafe.
Winger - Leaves.
Trond - Bird.
markbarendt - Oahu North Shore.
kraker - Winter landscape.
crispinuk - Ginger Flower.
George Nova Scotia - Daylily, Duck Duck Goose, CATV tower.
andrew.vartabedian - Exposed valve spring.
hoffy - Huddle of humpies.
Derek Lofgreen - Lava Arch.
Kc2edh - Strength of Irene.
ccross - Canopy of Leaves

Thanks everyone for some truely memorable cards.

rst
05-11-2012, 07:12 AM
My postcards went to the post office today. Sorry for being late, but finally, they should arrive at your door soon.

Cheers
Ruediger

ozphoto
05-12-2012, 02:28 AM
Derek's Lava Arch and Andrew's Spring arrived this week - a nice change to the junk mail (and bills!).

piu58
05-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I got two more cards: Laurent's wonderful shot of a lake in the morning and Rüdiger's pinhole shot along the riverside. Great use of pinhole!!

mooseontheloose
05-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been awhile -- I moved house in late March and I'm still unpacking! Here are the postcards I've received since then:

George Nova Scotia's Kodak triple play. I especially like the daylily photo, despite the fog.

Two colour photos - Black Dog's "A moment gathered from coincidence" and Hoffy's Holden HQ Monaro race car. Like the attention to detail in both photos.

Likewise, Andrew's exposed valve is a nice detailed study, although I find it a little dark.

Postcards with a water theme: Laurent's nearly frozen Loire, Rudiger's River Rhine pinhole, and Derek's Lava Arch are all very tranquil.

ccross's canopy of leaves and crispinuk's ginger flower both have a lot of interesting high-contrast detail.

Kc2edh's "Strength of Irene" shows the real power of nature, while kraker's winter landscape shows its more enduring nature.

Oxleyroad's termite maze is really interesting, and the pieces of metal give some measure of it's size, otherwise I would think you took that photo of a massive canyon from above.

Trond's bird is beautiful and sad all at the same time.

Labcoat's U of Maryland's campus reminds me of my days as a uni student, unfortunately it arrived a little damaged on both sides of the postcard, but got here nonetheless!

Finally, I have one more card from Bodie, California of a window with mesh and a bowl on the windowsill -- there's no name, but I like it!

I've received 32 cards so far, only missing cards from Azzy, gordrob, jackie_like_the_chan, Jon King, KanFotog, markrewald, megzdad81, Ricus.stormfire, and tj01. Just a reminder that I've moved, and that any cards sent should be sent to my new address.

Similarly, if anyone is missing a card from me, let me know and I'll send off another.

Laurent
05-20-2012, 02:31 PM
This week I received 3 more cards :

A. Vardabedian's valve spring.

Johannes's tricycle makes me think of a Eggleston's photograph.

Ruediger's river pinhole : makes me want (again) to try the pinhole. Could be a good cure for GAS and the results (at least your's, Ruediger) are lovely !

Thanks !

Black Dog
05-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Ready for round 26........eye of the tiger fellow apuggers, eye of the tiger....:D

Oxleyroad
05-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Ruediger's - Pin hole view of the river arrived today. Very sharp image. I too like Laurent need to get back into using my pin hole cameras.

25/30

ChristopherCoy
05-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I received Craig's card... In pieces. Thanks USPS!!!

It came in a nice little envelope that basically stated "Our machine ate your mail, sorry about your luck!"

mooseontheloose
05-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Mark Rewald's "Red Dancers" arrived today -- wonderful photo, think I'll trying experimenting with redscale after seeing this!