PDA

View Full Version : BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE ROUND 15 (BPX15) - STATUS AND UPDATES

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Roger Cole
05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Should have some printing time the the next few weekends so hope to get this done.

rst
05-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Finally my print made it to the post office. Sorry for being late.

Cheers
Ruediger

Katie
05-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Picked out a neg from a recent trip and got it printed over the weekend. It is currently sitting under a pile of weights and will be in the post within a day or two.

Received your beautiful print of the Italian window and wonderful note about using the 4x5 Wista amongst all the digi snappers. :)

Thank you!

Katie Shearer
(Katie)

I am mailing mine today.

Roger Cole
05-15-2012, 05:44 AM
Received Katie's print yesterday, a nicely toned warm matte portrait. It never occurred to me before to partially bleach followed by selenium. I'll have to experiment with that!

Thanks Katie!

I expect some time in the darkroom this weekend so hopefully I can have a print out soon.

JimO
06-05-2012, 11:39 AM
i think i'm way late with this round... but did mail my print today... i have no excuses, just an apology to the group for the delay!

markbarendt
06-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Received a beautiful mounted print from Craig this afternoon. Truly special, thank you!

My print outgoing print got mailed a few days back.

ccross
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Mark,

Happy to hear the print arrived safe and sound, my apologies for being so dreadfully late. I was very happy with this image after many days (turning into weeks) of agonizing over it.

I received two prints from JimO last week, I have always loved images printed on that Oriental paper, but have never had it available where I live so have not had a chance to try it. Unfortunately, the postal service has once again tried to creatively fit a flat rectangular package into a large mailbox (sarcasm intended) and managed to not only bend the pictures, but break the matte board as well. I have flattened them out as best I can, but I have to admit the crease in them does take a bit away from the images.

Thanks for the images Jim and for the comment Mark.
Craig

Roger Cole
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I know I'm hideously late (I plead getting married - I knew I was going to, but figured I'd still find time for one lousy print. Well life is finally getting back to normal and I'm printing at least occasionally) but I finally made my print last weekend. I need to do some toning and final wash/dry/flatten which I hope to get done over the July 4th break from work.

JimO
07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
craig,

had i thought for a moment i probably would have used a stiff board in packing... if you put the prints in a roll and return, i'd remount them and send properly... my second round, put it down to a newbie!

jim

ccross
07-09-2012, 09:10 PM
No worries Jim. I actually mounted them already and was able to get most of the creases out of them, not too noticeable.

Thanks,
Craig

anikin
07-26-2012, 11:29 AM
I have received two versions of the same print from Roger Cole. This is actually my favorite theme - photos of musicians playing. It's amazing how different the two prints feel. My favorite is the one on Arista Silver Artist paper. At first I thought this is a platinotype. It looks really stunning! A perfect match for the photo.

On your comment about toning Arista paper: I guess it is a cold-tone emulsion if it resists brown toner. I would try a two-step brown toner on it. Bleach it first and then tone it. It should work.

Once again, thank you very much Roger, that was a nice surprise!

Eugene.

Roger Cole
07-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Most welcome Eugene, glad you liked it. I do plan to try that (and also see how it responds to selenium, maybe by getting colder if it's cold tone. It's reported to be Varycon VC emulsion on that cotton paper.) Last I looked the 8x10 is still sold out but it's been a big hit and they're supposed to get more. I just got some 11x14.

Ken Nadvornick
08-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Was there ever a sign-up for Round 16? It was supposed to happen over this past July.

I had to skip Round 15 for personal and professional reasons. But I was looking forward to the next one. I also noticed that Harry's last APUG activity was three months ago on 4/30/12.

Does anyone know anything more?

Ken

JimO
08-06-2012, 07:26 PM
as you noted, harry has been quiet here... hope he is well... anybody know anything?

anikin
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
I called Harry last week and he is OK but life is getting in a way of his hobbies as it often tends to do. So, anyone for a round of BPX 16? We could start sign up in September with prints to be sent by the end of November.

Katie
08-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I called Harry last week and he is OK but life is getting in a way of his hobbies as it often tends to do. So, anyone for a round of BPX 16? We could start sign up in September with prints to be sent by the end of November.

In always in!!!

Ken Nadvornick
08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Things have cleared for me right now, so I'd be in as well...

Ken

anikin
08-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Sounds great. I have just posted a sign-up thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum182/109457-blind-print-exchange-round-16-bpx16-sign-up-thread.html
I will ask Sean to make it sticky...

Roger Cole
08-27-2012, 07:31 PM
I'll be in for that. I have some time off scheduled in October with a four day "weekend" when my wife is off work. She'll be at a writer's conference for two days of that too so I'll have time to print.

I love my life but I could so do with 48 hours in each day or, by preference, the same income without all that working for the paycheck stuff! ;)

Laurent
12-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I finally was able to send my print ! I'm absolutely sorry for being so awfully late...