PDA

View Full Version : Toronto APUG Spring Meetup - April 28th, Niagara-On-The-Lake

Pages : 1 [2] 3

naeroscatu
04-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I hear you, ultimately it is a matter of personal preference. I understand that. I have a problem shooting in the spots you mentioned downtown Toronto; isn't that funny

CGW
04-25-2012, 05:30 PM
I hear you, ultimately it is a matter of personal preference. I understand that. I have a problem shooting in the spots you mentioned downtown Toronto; isn't that funny

Of the places I mentioned, the Junction is probably the mellowest with less attitude, fewer scary people, and some decent places to eat and drink. If not, then there's always the Distillery. What suits you in the GTA?

Axle
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm good for June...the two days I have free are the 9th and the 30th (there might be guests in town, but I'm sure I can duck out to hang with you fine folk during the late morning early afternoon).

As for location, I'm game for anything. I was just in NOTL last weekend, and was rather well received, sure I was dressed as a private solider in the 60th Regiment of foot, and they do like their re-enactors there.

Uncle Bill
04-26-2012, 03:16 PM
How about the Beaches? I have done some great work on Queen St. East over the years and you have Lion on the Beach with their patios.

CGW
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Like to try a 'hood you haven't shot before?

CGW
05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Looks like we're solidly in contention for "Most Inert APUG Community in N.America." Or not? Might be nice to hook-up with the FPP crew like last year?

naeroscatu
05-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, hard to get all people on the same page. What do you mean by "a hood haven't shot before?". I like challenges, throw me a bone :)

CGW
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes, hard to get all people on the same page. What do you mean by "a hood haven't shot before?". I like challenges, throw me a bone :)

Whatever people like. I've had fun just buying a TTC day pass(still $10)and moving along the Bloor-Danforth line and jumping off with short hops to areas that interested me. The assumption is that street photography interests people. If not, then what appeals to you?

Simply thought Uncle Bill might like to shoot something new--maybe not.

canuhead
05-07-2012, 08:53 PM
go to Parkdale for a mixed bag of life. Not as antiseptic as Distillery nor overdone (SO overdone) like Kensington Market or Queen West (Spad-Bath). Tons of great bars/pubs/restos.

Then make your way to Bulger Gallery...

CGW
05-07-2012, 09:26 PM
go to Parkdale for a mixed bag of life. Not as antiseptic as Distillery nor overdone (SO overdone) like Kensington Market or Queen West (Spad-Bath). Tons of great bars/pubs/restos.

Then make your way to Bulger Gallery...

Parkdale=OK area for food and drink but sometimes just too many people hearing voices for comfort. Roncy/Junction are other options?

Agree that Distillery/Kensington/QueenW are tired.

naeroscatu
05-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't know where or what Junction is, don't live in Toronto but I'm up to a new challenge. Let us make this outing about street photography. I'm available most week-ends in May. I'm not available first half of June. CGW, Bill when can we meet?

Missi
05-09-2012, 02:30 PM
i would like to join in as well.. T.O. sounds good. available all Saturdays except may 12.

CGW
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't know where or what Junction is, don't live in Toronto but I'm up to a new challenge. Let us make this outing about street photography. I'm available most week-ends in May. I'm not available first half of June. CGW, Bill when can we meet?

It's here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Junction

There are also some small Contact 2012 exhibits scattered along and just off Dundas W, too:

http://artjunction.blogspot.ca/2012/04/contact-2012-photography-in-junction.html

It's a possible area to stroll around on a Saturday afternoon. Certainly open to any other suggestions.

naeroscatu
05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks CGW. I'm in. It looks like an intersting area and the Contact 2012 exhibits makes it more appealing. Let us agree on a date, say May 12 or May 19?

CGW
05-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks CGW. I'm in. It looks like an intersting area and the Contact 2012 exhibits makes it more appealing. Let us agree on a date, say May 12 or May 19?

Good. I'm thinking this Sat. is really short notice. I can probably do it but think 5/19 might be better? What about the rest of the crew?

Missi
05-10-2012, 02:04 PM
may 19th please.

CGW
05-10-2012, 02:32 PM
may 19th please.

Agree. Long-term weather looks cooperative for 5/19, too. Would like to hear from the usual suspects on next Sat.?

naeroscatu
05-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Agreed for 5/ 19. Time and exact location - CGW since you are familiar with the area, what is a good location to meet? easy to find also.

CGW
05-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Agreed for 5/ 19. Time and exact location - CGW since you are familiar with the area, what is a good location to meet? easy to find also.

For now, let's say the NW corner of Keele and Dundas. Just look for Tri-X wrappers, slightly deranged types loitering with cameras, tripods, and light meters, muttering about Rodinal. You'll find us.

There's metered parking along Dundas--just bring a pocket of change--at least $5-$7. We can always move later down Dundas W, south of Bloor into Roncy Village--there's a good bar, "The Local," next to the Revue Cinema, on Roncevalles s. of Howard Park.

Time? Not sure where everyone's coming in from--late morning(10:30-11), or early aft.(12-1)?

naeroscatu
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Roger that. I prefer 10:30AM. What do you say Missi?