PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: May 11-13, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

djkloss
04-19-2012, 10:24 PM
one of my first bromoil prints was accepted into the Erie Art Museum Spring Show, and it sold for $265! so I guess I won't be bringing it to John's party. All the other good ones are in other shows too. so, I guess it's back to the darkroom to make more prints. I can't believe someone actually bought it!49680 (the bromoil that sold)

daleeman
04-20-2012, 05:01 AM
one of my first bromoil prints was accepted into the Erie Art Museum Spring Show, and it sold for $265! so I guess I won't be bringing it to John's party. All the other good ones are in other shows too. so, I guess it's back to the darkroom to make more prints. I can't believe someone actually bought it!49680 (the bromoil that sold)

I like it. It made me think about how old toys bring out the kid in many people when they go into antique shops, and how that might be a wonderful suite of images.

djkloss
04-20-2012, 07:06 AM
I like it. It made me think about how old toys bring out the kid in many people when they go into antique shops, and how that might be a wonderful suite of images.

speaking of which, there's an antique show at Waldameer in Erie on Saturday (tomorrow).

jp80874
04-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Many congratulations Dorothy for the Erie Art Museum show, the other shows and the sale. I am really happy things are going so well for you. You may have been the last to hear that you do really great and creative work. I am looking forward to see what you do bring to our event. Get to work.

I agree with Lee on the subject. One of my fellow students has done a series this spring on the contents and method of display of three antique stores she has been visiting. It is very interesting in what she has found and how she has composed her images. I think you have her beat by a mile Dorothy, but it is certainly another interesting view.

Speaking of shows, I realize I didn’t mention how I liked Mat’s “Dapper” show last weekend. What a display, 30 matted images. What a turn out. Lee L, Jeff and I were there with spouses and significants. The place was packed with happy, interested, excited people. Great work.

John

mat4226
04-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Dorothy, congratulations on the show! Your bromoil prints are looking fabulous, I can't wait to see some more of your work in May. Any chances there will be a demonstration and/or some prints for sale/trade? A close family member of mine is a HUGE Kewpie doll fan and this is right up her alley.

John, thanks for the kind words on the show. It's been a great success thus far with 15 of 30 prints that I don't have to take home. ;)

mjs
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM
My wife has announced her desire to join me on this trip and find out what all the excitement is about. And to stop at the Fiesta Ware outlet store on the way home (no, it isn't on the way, even vaguely!) This will be ... interesting. :)

Mike

jp80874
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
My wife has announced her desire to join me on this trip and find out what all the excitement is about. And to stop at the Fiesta Ware outlet store on the way home (no, it isn't on the way, even vaguely!) This will be ... interesting. :)

Mike

Mike,

Sandy is very welcome. Having watched your behavior before, we most welcome a chaperone. However she was your emergency contact. Please email or PM a contact that will tell me what to do when you both misbehave.

John

jp80874
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I have invited a member of my U Akron photo class, Sheryl Grubb, who is doing some very interesting abstract work at the zoo. She and I will have twenty window matted prints for our final critique May 2nd. I’ve asked her to show her work to the gathering.

She politely asked how many people are coming to the event? I laughed and read the line from the first post or invitation. “We are trying to have a loose organizational shell under which all cats may be comfortably herded. The plan will evolve until the majority is happy and the protesters fall asleep.”

At this point, April 23, we have 21 people who think they will be coming and quite a few more who would like to come, but aren’t sure about this or that. The more the merrier. Bring your best work, your best stories, your best mood and let’s enjoy. We have lots of camping space and there are many motels near by. If you have any questions, please ask either in the thread or PM.

Welcome,

John, Dolly and the Girls.

ic-racer
04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
LEE L : I bought a Horseman 4x5 back to get the ground glass assembly. The rest of the contraption that I got does not fit on my camera. That would be the frame that the GG back assembly fits on. Perhaps the frame is from a 4x5 monorail Horseman. Perhaps you would want it in exchange for a drink or ice-cream sunday? I'll bring it along.

JEFF BANNOW: I will fire up the Ilford head just to ensure it still functions fine and you can expect to be re-united with it soon.

Jeff Bannow
04-24-2012, 08:02 AM
JEFF BANNOW: I will fire up the Ilford head just to ensure it still functions fine and you can expect to be re-united with it soon.

Great news. Thanks!

Jeff Bannow
04-24-2012, 08:03 AM
BTW - If anyone here is looking for an enlarger, let me know. I have a few I could bring down to share.

daleeman
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM
BTW - If anyone here is looking for an enlarger, let me know. I have a few I could bring down to share.

When I was up at your house you had two. Is this the cool complete one? (my wife would kill me we are startig to downsize)

Jeff Bannow
04-24-2012, 11:46 AM
When I was up at your house you had two. Is this the cool complete one? (my wife would kill me we are startig to downsize)

Oh, I have quite a few. Complete, ready to run. 4x5, and I've got some medium format enlargers as well.

daleeman
04-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh, I have quite a few. Complete, ready to run. 4x5, and I've got some medium format enlargers as well.

I'll have to ask Sue if an enlarger can fit in our downsizing plan, but I did just give her a "new pair" of Leica Binoculars TODAY for birding.

I'd have to set it up and take it down in the spare bathroom every use. I've been contact printing my 4x5 with a frame and a light bulb. But the levy passed last year and they opened up the community darkroom again. (Life in this condo is not photographer friendly)

Lee

Jeff Bannow
04-24-2012, 12:51 PM
I'll have to ask Sue if an enlarger can fit in our downsizing plan, but I did just give her a "new pair" of Leica Binoculars TODAY for birding.

I'd have to set it up and take it down in the spare bathroom every use. I've been contact printing my 4x5 with a frame and a light bulb. But the levy passed last year and they opened up the community darkroom again. (Life in this condo is not photographer friendly)

Lee

No worries - if you want one, let me know and I can bring it along.

Same for anyone else coming as well - I've got some spares looking for good homes.

mjs
04-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Mike,

Sandy is very welcome. Having watched your behavior before, we most welcome a chaperone. However she was your emergency contact. Please email or PM a contact that will tell me what to do when you both misbehave.

John

"Chaparone!!!" *Giggity* I'll have to show this to Sandy. She'll get quite a kick out of that. :cool:

Mike

Lee L
04-25-2012, 08:57 AM
LEE L : I bought a Horseman 4x5 back to get the ground glass assembly. The rest of the contraption that I got does not fit on my camera. That would be the frame that the GG back assembly fits on. Perhaps the frame is from a 4x5 monorail Horseman. Perhaps you would want it in exchange for a drink or ice-cream sunday? I'll bring it along.
Thanks. I'll take you up on the offer if it's LE parts. Did you just remove the frame and glass that leaves a Graflok back exposed, press two levers then slide sideways and lift off?

Lee

ic-racer
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks. I'll take you up on the offer if it's LE parts. Did you just remove the frame and glass that leaves a Graflok back exposed, press two levers then slide sideways and lift off?

Lee

Yes that is it.

Here is the item I bought. I took the ground glass portion off to put on a new Bellows Extension back for my FA that came without the ground glass. I was left with two other frame pieces that are not compatible with the FA and that I suspect are LE parts. I'm guessing from the L-series manual they are #23705 "4x5 Main Frame" and #23707 "4x5 Connecting Frame" I'll bring them for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/2012/P1060115.jpg

My new extension back...say "hello" to long lenses!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/2012/MediumExtension.jpg

Shawn Dougherty
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM
That's awesome, Dale. What's your max bellows extension now?

ic-racer
04-26-2012, 05:16 PM
That's awesome, Dale. What's your max bellows extension now?

It has extra rails so it can go even longer. Over 700mm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/2012/LongExtension.jpg