PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Comeback, Quick Read

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Poisson Du Jour
03-29-2012, 09:49 PM
It may not be the "official" page, but it has the ear of the higher echolons in Kodak; this is obvious from following down threads hundreds of them.

Christopher Nisperos
03-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the shout-out Christopher but we've already been 'talked to', so we need to get back on topic. :)

OK, thanks, Bill... you're a good "topic cop"! Next time I'll try to keep my rant-trap shut before I read the whole thread. (Notice I said, "try"!)

MattKing
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
For those who wonder what role and influence film retains in the cinema world, I thought this list of movies shot on Kodak film was interesting: http://motion.kodak.com/motion/Customers/Productions/index.htm

Poisson Du Jour
04-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Interesting indeed. Would the consumption of motion picture film on an ongoing basis be enough to stoke the fire and keep Kodak out of strife?

RattyMouse
04-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Interesting indeed. Would the consumption of motion picture film on an ongoing basis be enough to stoke the fire and keep Kodak out of strife?

I believe that motion picture film use is also declining as well.

MattKing
04-13-2012, 04:47 PM
The precipitous decline in the use of motion picture print stock for theatre distribution is probably the single biggest reason that the Kodak bankruptcy proceedings were initiated when they were.

CGW
04-13-2012, 05:32 PM
And still no follow-up or press release on "Project Lazarus" from Kodak? Hmmm.

georg16nik
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
And still no follow-up or press release on "Project Lazarus" from Kodak? Hmmm.

CGW, yes, no follow-up.
My friend in LA said Ms. Pasterczyk haven't responded to his message.

CGW
04-13-2012, 06:54 PM
CGW, yes, no follow-up.
My friend in LA said Ms. Pasterczyk haven't responded to his message.

Too bad. Not sure what to think now. Either she was misquoted or was just BSing off the record and was taken seriously. Hoping there's some substance to this.

zsas
04-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Some "analog" Kodak news:

Kodak and Samsung Announce Strategic Alliance in Consumer Inkjet Printing

"....Samsung will sell Samsung all-in-one inkjet printers using Kodak's printer and proprietary ink technology."

Samsung is doing pretty good for itself lately and Kodak getting the ink part of the distribution is nice!

PE are those folks that do ink R&D the same folks that work on say dyes and other aspects in film (ie the Ektar engineers, etc.)? Obviously any growth is good for your community, but does this help film in any regard?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/kodak-and-samsung-announce-strategic-alliance-in-consumer-inkjet-printing-2012-04-26

Zewrak
04-28-2012, 02:56 AM
They never learned that people do not want printers?

Ian Grant
04-28-2012, 05:15 AM

Perhaps they were just a bit late. To be fair to Kodak they have grasped the fact that people want cheaper consumables like inks but companies like Lexmark have done so much damage with their extortionate ink prices and it's turned many people off.

Ian

Photo Engineer
04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Some "analog" Kodak news:

Kodak and Samsung Announce Strategic Alliance in Consumer Inkjet Printing

"....Samsung will sell Samsung all-in-one inkjet printers using Kodak's printer and proprietary ink technology."

Samsung is doing pretty good for itself lately and Kodak getting the ink part of the distribution is nice!

PE are those folks that do ink R&D the same folks that work on say dyes and other aspects in film (ie the Ektar engineers, etc.)? Obviously any growth is good for your community, but does this help film in any regard?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/kodak-and-samsung-announce-strategic-alliance-in-consumer-inkjet-printing-2012-04-26

Some are the same people and some are new to EK.

There is recent Kodak news floating around here and on the news. Kodak still lost a lot of $$.

PE

Sirius Glass
04-28-2012, 01:25 PM
There is recent Kodak news floating around here and on the news. Kodak still lost a lot of $$.

PE

Oh joy! << Insert Roll Eyes >> Just what we needed to hear!

MattKing
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM

It is not their home printer business that their energies are/were most focussed on - it is their commercial graphics business (CREO).

adam hirsch
05-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Not quite...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/16/opinion/16krugman.html

Paul krugman is a marxist.......enough said

Klainmeister
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM

And so am I... my guess is you have never read anything, AT ALL, from Marx.

Interesting though is that the Kodak site has changed a few times recently. This whole "Why Film Matters" campaign is interesting. Lots of directors seem to be unwilling to switch over.

CGW
05-01-2012, 12:08 PM

Off the meds again, Adam? Recall you having some major OT issues. BTW what's the Rx for "splenetic ranting?"

Old-N-Feeble
05-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I luvs this forum... makes me look up noo big wurdz a cupple timez per weak. :D

CGW
05-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Funny but there's not been anything I'm aware of anywhere to confirm the OP's report, aside from a Kodak munchkin speaking(OTR?) at a meeting.