PDA

View Full Version : Jobo announces production of new processor

Pages : [1] 2

ZoneIII
04-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Someone just sent me the following link. It appears that Jobo may be getting back in the processor business due to increased demand for film. Sorry if this is old news but I didn't find any mention of it after doing a search of APUG. If this is true, it's very encouraging. On the other hand, it's not surprising. From what I understand, Kodak experienced a 20% increase in demand for film in the year or so before they announced they were filing for bankruptcy and their film division was one of their only profitable divisions.

Now, if just Kodak (or someone else) would bring back the old Kodak 5 liter E6 kits or equivalent. I have actually thought about only shooting b&w since the kit was discontinued. The problem is that I sell more color than b&w.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/blog/?p=47&preview=true

zsas
04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Wow!!

pentaxuser
04-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Two near identical threads now. Worth merging Mods?

pentaxuser

ZoneIII
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Two near identical threads now. Worth merging Mods?

pentaxuser

Sorry about that. As I mentioned, I looked for a similar thread before posting and didn't find one. After reading your response, I searched again and still can't find one. Could you post a link to it? I would like to read the thread.

BTW, I just went to the Omega Satter site to see if there was any more information but it no longer exists. This is probably old news too but I didn't know about it until today. Does anyone know what the story is with Omega Satter? Just curious.

Thanks,
Tom

CGW
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Earlier thread is here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/103956-saw-fb-today-jobo-news.html#post1325214

DarkMagic
04-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Someone just sent me the following link. It appears that Jobo may be getting back in the processor business due to increased demand for film. Sorry if this is old news but I didn't find any mention of it after doing a search of APUG. If this is true, it's very encouraging. On the other hand, it's not surprising. From what I understand, Kodak experienced a 20% increase in demand for film in the year or so before they announced they were filing for bankruptcy and their film division was one of their only profitable divisions.

Now, if just Kodak (or someone else) would bring back the old Kodak 5 liter E6 kits or equivalent. I have actually thought about only shooting b&w since the kit was discontinued. The problem is that I sell more color than b&w.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/blog/?p=47&preview=true

Fuji make 5litre E6-kit

ic-racer
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.omegabrandess.com/products/brand

Edwardv
04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I believe this is an April foolish joke :)

6x7
04-03-2012, 08:02 PM
It's no joke. I emailed the sales director this morning and he replied with a PDF info sheet and pricing information in GBP.

Looking at Summer 2012 announcement. Not currently taking pre-orders.

That's about all I know right now.

Ken Nadvornick
04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I believe this is an April foolish joke :)

Could be, if the April Fools Prime Directive* was violated. I see nothing mentioned on the Jobo site itself.

Ken

* Prime Directive: It only counts as a joke if it's only posted on April 1st. Anything before or after is unethical.

michaelbsc
04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Could be, if the April Fools Prime Directive* was violated. I see nothing mentioned on the Jobo site itself.

Ken

* Prime Directive: It only counts as a joke if it's only posted on April 1st. Anything before or after is unethical.

I just noticed to posting on the website myself, and came here to see what buzz there might be.

It's posted April 3 so it shouldn't be a joke.

Roger Cole
04-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Awesome news if true, but the price it may have to sell for may be scary and prohibitive. What did the very last CPP2s sell for?

I presume this would also mean they would start making tanks and reels again?

Rudeofus
04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I presume this would also mean they would start making tanks and reels again?
Now that would be so cool. Their spindles are the only ones I can spool medium format film on without losing my temper in the process.

bascom49
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
This is what I got via an email request for info:

Charles,

Thank you for registering your interest.

Please find attached our initial information sheet. The processor will retail for just under GBP 2000 including VAT and the opening offer will include the free lift worth another GBP 280 with your registration.
The first deliveries are due in the late summer when we will contact you again.

Kind regards,

Rodney Bates
Sales Director

Firstcall Photographic Limited
www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk

Tel: ++44 (0) 1823413007
Fax: ++44 (0) 1823413103

Open 8.30am through 5.30pm GMT

CGW
04-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Crikey, that's around C$3150 or a bit more than 500 120 rolls at an average of my lab's charge for b&w/C-41/E6 development.

canuhead
04-04-2012, 02:30 PM
One thing I'm not exactly clear on. It says inlcuding VAT. How much does one get charged for VAT ? I know a bit from when I travelled to GB years ago but can't remember what the rate was. If it IS included in the 2000 pound quote, and vat is expensive, it could mean it's not as expensive for North Americans as it might look.

CGW
04-04-2012, 02:39 PM
One thing I'm not exactly clear on. It says inlcuding VAT. How much does one get charged for VAT ? I know a bit from when I travelled to GB years ago but can't remember what the rate was. If it IS included in the 2000 pound quote, and vat is expensive, it could mean it's not as expensive for North Americans as it might look.

It's 20%, so it's still around GBP1600(at best) or C$2525 or about 420 rolls of 120 film developed. Expensive enough.

jglass
04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Well, at that price, I won't be buying one myself, but it's very good news for film people (if true) and also may signal that parts for my current Jobo will continue to be available and, perhaps even drop in price! Here's hoping.

Brian C. Miller
04-04-2012, 04:15 PM
It's 20%, so it's still around GBP1600(at best) or C$2525 or about 420 rolls of 120 film developed. Expensive enough.

What, 8 rolls a week? You don't shoot that much? Why not? :confused:

Rhodes
04-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, at that price, I won't be buying one myself, but it's very good news for film people (if true) and also may signal that parts for my current Jobo will continue to be available and, perhaps even drop in price! Here's hoping.

Same here. Now if they decide to do a cpe3, :cool: :w00t: