PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Shipping Charges - lower?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

yeah!
05-15-2012, 07:59 AM
if anyone is ordering from freestyle soon and is in melbourne and wants to split shipping let me know..

Enrico Scotece
06-02-2012, 06:07 AM
It's cheaper using Fims but only good for orders less than $150.00
Anything more and it's better splitting between two or three persons. Never had a problem with Freestyle. Email, call, or order online and the service is nonsense free.
It would be nice if our local supplier was like this!

PeterB
02-04-2014, 07:44 PM
My Freestyle FIMS (Fedex) order arrived in 20 days to Australia. I ordered some of the new Ilford Multigrade Classic FB Cooltone Glossy. I was rather surprised to see that the last postmark originated from Sweden !! (PO box 5001 Malmo, Sweden). With Freestyle's address crossed out in black sharpie/felt pen. Now the only possible reason I can think of is that Fedex consolidates its US shipments destined to Australia in Sweden. Or, and here is evidence (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/michaelmindes/dungeon-roll-a-dicey-dungeon-delve/posts/597397?page=4), (one of at least a few I found) that Fedex routinely stuff up and send OZ shipments via Sweden !!!

MattKing
02-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Did you have to assemble the contents of your order before you used it? :)

PeterB
02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Did you have to assemble the contents of your order before you used it? :)

I hope not !! I paid a premium so I wouldn't have to spend time doing that stuff myself (as much as I might like to).

BTW I thought LEGO comes from Denmark.

MattKing
02-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Lego might come from Denmark, but IKEA definitely comes from Sweden! :)

PeterB
02-04-2014, 11:59 PM
:)

Tony Egan
02-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Clearly on the way to Austria before the Aussie backpacker in the mail room spotted it and re-routed.

Michael W
11-30-2014, 06:19 AM
I've noticed that B&H now have a cheap shipping option called DHL Global Mail. Pricing a box of 8x10 HP5 it shows the price for this method as $17 as compared to $56 for UPS worldwide expedited, which would be the usual cheapest shipping. DHL journey time is estimated at 8 to 15 days vs 4 to 6 for UPS. If I increase the order to 2 boxes DHL goes to $25 and UPS to $58. I'm not sure if there is an order price limit to use DHL, e.g. how your order cannot be above $150 with FIMS when ordering from Freestyle.

Mainecoonmaniac
11-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Freestyle orders usually goes out in a day or less. I live in Northern California and with the cheapest shipping, I get my order within 3-4 days. Always impeccably packed.

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
11-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Freestyle orders usually goes out in a day or less. I live in Northern California and with the cheapest shipping, I get my order within 3-4 days. Always impeccably packed.

What do you get from them? I live in Northern California too and though I often check the site I then compare to B&H it's usually much cheaper to get my items from NY.

11-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Ok see attached. Identical orders from Freestyle and B&H and this is before Freestype adds $19.99 for shipping. B&H is free shipping. So why Freestyle?

LJH
11-30-2014, 01:23 PM
You do realise that this is a thread about delivering to AUSTRALIA, don't you?

11-30-2014, 01:37 PM
You do realise that this is a thread about delivering to AUSTRALIA, don't you?

Yeah but it kind of went in a new direction.....but being that's it in an Australian forum I'll back off and let it return to its original purpose.

oldtimermetoo
11-30-2014, 01:51 PM
I live half way across the USA from Freestyle and I normally get surface shipments in 4 to 5 WORKING days. No complaint there. Folks in the US, though, should be prepared for an increase in shipping cost as my business was informed of an increase on the first of January by UPS. FedX won't be far behind...Regards

LJH
11-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I understand that some of you will find this difficult to comprehend, but this is a thread about POSTING TO AUSTRALIA.

To help further, AUSTRALIA is not a state of the USA. Surprising, I know, but try to keep this fact in mind before you decide to write about where you live in the US and how Freestyle posts to you.

Again, AUSTRALIA is not a state of the USA.

Mainecoonmaniac
11-30-2014, 05:19 PM
What do you get from them? I live in Northern California too and though I often check the site I then compare to B&H it's usually much cheaper to get my items from NY.

I usually buy Arista 120 and 35mm film. It's Foma film. I also buy Arista mg FB paper.

SMBooth
11-30-2014, 09:33 PM
LOL at LJH who is proberly very red in the face right now. Take a deep breath... :)

Dr Croubie
11-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Again, AUSTRALIA is not a state of the USA.

No, but Queensland is.

oldtimermetoo
11-30-2014, 11:30 PM
I understand that some of you will find this difficult to comprehend, but this is a thread about POSTING TO AUSTRALIA.

To help further, AUSTRALIA is not a state of the USA. Surprising, I know, but try to keep this fact in mind before you decide to write about where you live in the US and how Freestyle posts to you.

Again, AUSTRALIA is not a state of the USA. I am sorry if I have made our valued Australian members upset with my earlier reply but I have reread the thread several times and it does not mention Australia at all other than where the poster lives. I see now that I should have read between the lines so PARDON ME!