PDA

View Full Version : Recreating my family favorites

Cheryl Jacobs
04-21-2012, 02:01 PM
For those who knew me way back when I used to be on APUG religiously, I thought I'd share a project my kids and I have set out to complete this summer.

I discovered a love for photography when my kids were relatively small, and that's fortunate. I have lots and lots of early shots of them, from fairly amateur (read: embarrassingly "bad" images) to more evolved. We recently moved to a new house and in the process, I came across a box of 4x6's that I had totally forgotten about. There were some gems in there. Since my oldest son is about to be off to boot camp as a US Marine, we're all feeling a bit nostalgic, and had the idea that we would pick out our favorites and loosely recreate them. We're referring to it as "then and now", and having a great time making new memories in the process.

I'm sharing them here, since by necessity they have to be displayed together, and that's a little more digital involvement (only for the purpose of showing two shots together) than I feel comfortable posting in the gallery.

Molli
04-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Cheryl, those are superb! Gorgeous, gorgeous kids and a truly wonderful idea. I've read articles from you here and visited your website (audio and visual) in the past and have really enjoyed all of your contributions. (Yes, I know, sounding like a stalker here... but there's a great deal to admire... and aspire to! :) ) Thank you for even more inspiration.

Bill Burk
04-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Beautiful idea! And you had great vintage shots to re-stage!

amsp
04-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Great idea and beautiful results.

SuzanneR
04-22-2012, 06:41 AM
These are great, Cheryl! Scary that they seem to grow so quickly!!

David Brown
04-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Perfect!

Cheryl Jacobs
04-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks, everyone. It's been fun, for sure, and also entertaining to me to see images I took so early on in my photography experience. The "before" images in the three above were made only a year or two after I "discovered" photography. We have some really funny ones coming up -- my boys will have to rebuild their old lemonade stand. Ha.

johnnywalker
04-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Great project Cheryl, well done!

Shab
05-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Great idea, great photos and great FAMILY.

Congrats!