PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say.. Camera 8? (part 2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Síle
08-09-2012, 01:52 AM
There's no hurry Shawn.. we have indeed waited this long!

Ps this means we won right? ;-)

Steve Smith
08-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Shawn: Take all the time you need.

Síle: Get that film processed as soon as you can!

Steve.

Síle
08-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Film is processed Steve.. I have the prints in my hands!!

Shawn Rahman
08-09-2012, 06:54 PM
There's no hurry Shawn.. we have indeed waited this long!

Ps this means we won right? ;-)

Almost! It really means we let you win. Consolation for us having the better pictures. ;-)

Síle
08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
you win ;-)

Thanks Shawn!! I knew we could do it!

Rick A
08-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Nice edit Sile!

Newt_on_Swings
08-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Cool the journey is almost complete. Pretty excited about seeing my bad snaps haha.

Where will the pics be posted btw?

Síle
08-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Nice edit Sile!

Thank you.. thank you... I have skills and talents hitherto unknown :cool:

Cool the journey is almost complete. Pretty excited about seeing my bad snaps haha.

Where will the pics be posted btw?

We're actually currently discussing that.. There is a proposal to host them off site, for upload and viewing considerations.. watch this space....

flatulent1
08-10-2012, 11:22 PM
We could also upload them to this thread, hint hint.

Síle
08-11-2012, 01:09 PM
That's actually a bloody good idea Fred...

Simplicius
08-15-2012, 06:10 AM
That's actually a bloody good idea Fred...

Are they posted somewhere?

Shawn Rahman
08-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the delay everyone - it seems everyone is waiting on me! I am stuck in week-long intensive arbitration training that will be done Friday evening.

The film processing and CD are done now and just waiting for me to pick them up, but unfortunately, I will not be able to do this until next Tuesday at the earliest. I recognize that everyone on Camera 8.2 is waiting patiently for me to pick up the film/scans.

I'd like to ask for a little more patience on Camera 8.1. Thanks very much!

toro_mike
08-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Patience? HA! That cup hath runneth dry :P

Rick A
08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
No sweat Shawn, we've waited this long, the extra time won't kill anyone.

k_jupiter
08-15-2012, 11:42 AM
The film processing and CD are done now and just waiting for me to pick them up, but unfortunately, I will not be able to do this until next Tuesday at the earliest. I recognize that everyone on Camera 8.2 is waiting patiently for me to pick up the film/scans.

So you lost the film and are trying to figure out a way to tell us?

tim in san jose

MattKing
08-15-2012, 01:42 PM
So you lost the film and are trying to figure out a way to tell us?

tim in san jose

I would suggest asking Ralph :angel:

Síle
08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Patience is my middle name.... Well it isn't but I'm seriously thinking of changing it by deed poll!

Simplicius.. we're waiting on Shawn to have his CD and prints in his hand ... I have mine (ours) and am ready to go when he is... the suspense sure is heightening the excitement... either that or we'll all drive ourselves bonkers!

Sheila x

Simplicius
08-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Patience is my middle name.... Well it isn't but I'm seriously thinking of changing it by deed poll!

Simplicius.. we're waiting on Shawn to have his CD and prints in his hand ... I have mine (ours) and am ready to go when he is... the suspense sure is heightening the excitement... either that or we'll all drive ourselves bonkers!

Sheila x

I feel totally cheeky even mentioning it, given how long I held onto the camera. BUT I do have an option that might sooth the nerves of the frayed ones. I have a beautiful Voigtlander Vito B with Colar Skopar in perfect nick which takes cracking shots. Whenever you do the next one, I am willing to offer it to the vagaries of the global postal system. Preloaded with Superia 200.

walbergb
08-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Sorry for the delay everyone - it seems everyone is waiting on me! I am stuck in week-long intensive arbitration training that will be done Friday evening.

After what we (or should I say cameras 8.1 and 8.2) have been through, it would be anti-climactic to think that just because the two cameras have somehow miraculously found their way home that pictures would quickly follow. I say there's room for one more chapter in this odyssey before we get to the epilogue.

Lets see. Perhaps the store got the film & CD mixed up and gave it to someone who lives far away! After months of great detective work, we track the person down only to find that he (or she) is holding our property for ransom. Enter Shawn who employs his arbitration skills to save the day:D Here's another scenario. The store owner/manager has a dog and the dog ate it!

zsas
08-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Or the person who was mistakenly given the film is a kind hearted grandfather but his grandson seems to be of the mischievous side, well the grandson over hears his grandfather and Shawn working out the exchange to get the film back on the phone, but the kid decides to upload the prints to his Flickr site. The photos are an immediate hit, he is the new Vivian Maier, but living and discovered in his youth. Magnum picks up the phone to extend an offer.....