PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say.. Camera 8? (part 2)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

k_jupiter
05-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Both Camera 8s will complete.

Start thinking about what is going to make Camera 9 special.

tim in san jose

cdholden
05-03-2012, 05:30 AM

tim in san jose

I liked the theme idea (Camera #6). We should revisit that. A single word gives the ability to interpret and create an image with so many different possible results.

flatulent1
05-03-2012, 09:47 AM

tim in san jose

ULF.

Shawn Rahman
05-03-2012, 01:17 PM

tim in san jose

How a supertelephotomonsterzoom to keep us all lazy?

k_jupiter
05-03-2012, 01:54 PM
ULF.

I had thought about sending the 8x10 Deardorff around but then realized it is my ONLY 8x10 camera and could not afford to be with out it.

tim in san jose

k_jupiter
05-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I liked the theme idea (Camera #6). We should revisit that. A single word gives the ability to interpret and create an image with so many different possible results.

I think we should revisit Ektar 100 film before they stop making it.

tim in san jose

flatulent1
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I am working on getting the camera back. I received a note from Ralph about 10 days ago, in which he agreed to drop it off at the local camera repair shop. My one handicap here is I don't know where he lives, therefore I am unable to just go get it. Likewise I have no idea how far he lives from the drop-off point, nor how difficult it is for him to get there.

Patience!

Black Dog
05-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Posting it to Simplicus tomorrow............nearly at Mount Doom now!

Síle
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Posting it to Simplicus tomorrow............nearly at Mount Doom now!

The excitement is mounting... Thanks for the update Jake!

How did it taste? Did you put BBQ sauce on it?

I would send the camera to Sile and if Sim is around, he can make the effort to collect the camera and shoot his photo. I mean... Ireland isn't that big is it?

tim in san jose

I tried it with some flava beans and a nice chianti... it actually worked quite well ;)

You're absolutely right Tim.. Ireland is a teeny tiny place.. sure we all know each other! In fact.. Simplicius is only about 40 minutes away or a days mail.. The end is nigh.....

Hi all

Sile the intrepid investigator tracked me down, address sent to Black Dog .......

Simplicius

Damn I'm good.. But I need a deerstalker.. anyone??

I too like the theme idea too.. I loved the interpretations of the Cornerstone last time!

cdholden
05-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I think we should revisit Ektar 100 film before they stop making it.

tim in san jose

If we can do a 6x9 folder (8 shots), or even a pair of cameras, I have 2 Erconas (basically a rebadged Ikonta after Russian occupation of east Germany) and a pro pack of Ektar 100 in 120 that remains unused. I bought it because I was curious to try it out, then I realized how funny my logic works. I have no problem dropping a couple hundred dollars on a box of AZO paper, yet I balk at paying someone $10 to develop a roll of color film for me.

Simplicius
05-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Camera 8 has landed safely and undamaged in the Emerald Isle this morning ... :-) Only 29 shots used -- on roll to date... Sile check your Facebook email ... and we can arrange a hand off, will attempt to get my picture taken in coming days ....

semeuse
05-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I do like the idea of a theme - how about pagan chicken?

M.A.Longmore
05-09-2012, 10:04 AM
I balk at paying someone $10 to develop a roll of color film for me.
I only recommend W*lM*rt for the processing service.

The Photo*Centers in the two local stores charge $2.95 to process and print 120.

I've never been able to get a definite answer on where the film is sent.
I was told that some items get sent to Dwaynes, and some get sent to a {FujiLab}
in New Jersey. Unfortunately, they don't scan 120, it would be nice to be able to
get a CD for a few more Dollar$ ...

I would never purchase anything else from W*lM*rt, except a $5.00 FootLong from
the Subway Shop, it's usually a 15 - 30 minute wait to find someone to locate the
film, and be able to pay, and get on my way. Hopefully your results may vary.

Ron

rcam72
05-10-2012, 02:37 AM

Two words... 3-D :D

Síle
05-10-2012, 04:36 AM
I've been laptopless for the last couple of weeks so missed out on the arrival on our fair (if a little wet) shores.. Great to hear it's almost home... Facebook mail checked and replied Simplicius...

I see an end in sight.... :D

Oh and I love the Foul idea for #9 ;)

flatulent1
05-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I had an end in sight a little while ago, butt....

k_jupiter
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I had an end in sight a little while ago, butt....

Now Fred. Don't be an ass.

tim in san jose

thebanana
05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I am working on getting the camera back. I received a note from Ralph about 10 days ago, in which he agreed to drop it off at the local camera repair shop. My one handicap here is I don't know where he lives, therefore I am unable to just go get it. Likewise I have no idea how far he lives from the drop-off point, nor how difficult it is for him to get there.

Patience!

Seriously? You gave the camera to someone and don't know where he lives or how to contact him? Did you read the instructions prior to signing up for this project? Having been a part of the missing camera 7 project, this is very frustrating.

Shawn Rahman
05-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Banana,

I share your frustration, but Fred's not the one who gave it to Ralph.

We'll get it back. Somehow.

Regards,

Shawn

Seriously? You gave the camera to someone and don't know where he lives or how to contact him? Did you read the instructions prior to signing up for this project? Having been a part of the missing camera 7 project, this is very frustrating.

toro_mike
05-14-2012, 10:09 AM
And the drama continues - "Days of our Lost Cameras" :)