PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say.. Camera 8? (part 2)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

M.A.Longmore
06-13-2012, 09:08 PM
OK; Terrific !

Ron

Newt_on_Swings
06-13-2012, 10:39 PM
😡 not cool Ralph not cool at all. Weak link in the chain screwed us all. He should be accountable for the cost of the camera, film, and the large sum we have spent shipping this camera around. We spent a lot of time and effort to take our shots and move it along. It's not a hard thing to do, how can you mess up this simple task?

Shawn Rahman
06-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Newt - the answer seems simple to me: the task did not get messed up.

Ralph: if you read this, please send me the camera. Thanks.

Newt_on_Swings
06-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Maybe I was a bit harsh, return the camera. All will be forgiven.

jnanian
06-14-2012, 01:03 AM
cameras from this round the world thing get lost in the mail all the time.

when the last camera was lost / MIA did people react like this ?
nope, they found another camera, and started camera 8 ... ( or was it 7 ? ) ...

if it was me that mailed the camera, and it got lost
and people involved called me a thief &c i wouldn't respond either ...

k_jupiter
06-14-2012, 01:37 AM
cameras from this round the world thing get lost in the mail all the time.

when the last camera was lost / MIA did people react like this ?
nope, they found another camera, and started camera 8 ... ( or was it 7 ? ) ...

if it was me that mailed the camera, and it got lost
and people involved called me a thief &c i wouldn't respond either ...

No.
Ralph has been emailed, pmailed, I woulda snail mailed him had I had an address. No responses. Not one. I tracked him down through his last posts on APUG. Nothing.

This is not "I gave it to my girl friend and now it's lost." This one is squarely on Ralph.

It is his to decide how we look at him. Right now it is not pretty.

tim not in san jose (at a secret location trying to get a peaceful vacation in)

Shawn Rahman
06-14-2012, 11:25 AM
John,

No one is suggesting that Ralph stole the camera. Far from it. The several attempts to get the camera back from Ralph have all been very courteous on our part. These included offers to pay for the shipping expenses; pick up the camera from Ralph; and also pick up the camera at a mutually convenient location, including a drop-off at a camera store that Ralph frequents. Responses from Ralph have varied: 1) the camera is on its way to me; 2) the camera was mailed to me but came back to Ralph undelivered; 3) an agreeement by to drop off the camera at the camera store; 4) Ralph's girlfriend mailed it to me; 5) silence.

All will be fine again and all forgiven (of course) if we: 1) got the camera back; or 2) honestly learned that the camera was lost or somehow damaged. While I can understand the propensity to avoid embarrassmentif if it was lost, I still hold out hope that Ralph understands the importance of this camera to all of us to either return it or tell us what happened. Is a simple private PM too much to ask? Hardly. If I got a PM from him, I would go out of my way to thank him publicly.

Live and learn, I suppose.

Regards,

Shawn

segedi
06-14-2012, 01:09 PM
This is all my fault really.

In such a haste and while being ill I took such a shabby picture that I completely regret... I made a little voodoo camera and flushed it to spare myself the embarassment of having you all see the photos!

Shawn Rahman
06-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Kevin,

Damn you! The curse you've unleashed on us will not end with this round, but surely will last into the next one.

That is why, to make it up to us, your picture(s) in Round 9 better be so good as to make up for the crap that the rest of us will no doubt shoot because of your curse.

Shawn

This is all my fault really.

In such a haste and while being ill I took such a shabby picture that I completely regret... I made a little voodoo camera and flushed it to spare myself the embarassment of having you all see the photos!

jnanian
06-14-2012, 03:02 PM

thebanana
06-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Camera 7 was "lost", and with it my shot of the rarely seen unicorn :(. Now Camera 8 seems to have met the same fate. I'm not even going to describe the rare sight I was able to capture on that camera. It just ...hurts too much.

Shawn Rahman
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
No more pessimism! We are going to send out camera 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 until we get one of these fuckers home.

Camera 7 was "lost", and with it my shot of the rarely seen unicorn :(. Now Camera 8 seems to have met the same fate. I'm not even going to describe the rare sight I was able to capture on that camera. It just ...hurts too much.

mooseontheloose
06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
And where is 8.2? It seems to have been forgotten in the drama surrounding 8.1.

segedi
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Maybe I should provide the next camera as karmic justice?

Marc Akemann
06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Two traveling cameras walk into a bar and request drinks. The bartender says, "Well,...okay. But no shots."
http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot
:whistling:

k_jupiter
06-15-2012, 12:27 AM

Yes well, my Camera 7 shot of Aliens sunning themselves over Aachen Dom is lost, possibly forever. What was on Camera 8?

No freaking clue anymore.

tim not in san jose

k_jupiter
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Maybe I should provide the next camera as karmic justice?

M4 is the preferred "We all shoot one camera" camera. 50mm Summilux please.

I am just saying.

tim not in san jose

k_jupiter
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
And where is 8.2? It seems to have been forgotten in the drama surrounding 8.1.

Safely in Ireland, so I have been told. Growing mold from what I understand.

tim not in san jose

cdholden
06-15-2012, 02:18 PM

I am just saying.

tim not in san jose

I recently found myself with a Canon rangefinder, but no lens.
This may have something to do with my lack of 35mm output in recent years.

segedi
06-15-2012, 02:25 PM

I am just saying.

tim not in san jose

Well seeing as I'm winning the lotto tonite, MP with 50mm summilux will be Camera 9. Yep. It's a done deal. And I pay shipping. What can go wrong?