PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say.. Camera 8? (part 2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

thebanana
06-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Well seeing as I'm winning the lotto tonite, MP with 50mm summilux will be Camera 9. Yep. It's a done deal. And I pay shipping. What can go wrong?

Nothing, provided it comes to me first :whistling:

Rick A
06-17-2012, 04:58 PM
...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. ..... are we there yet???????????

thebanana
06-28-2012, 10:03 PM
We seem to have proved once again that a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

MattKing
06-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Personally, although I am disappointed about the camera going astray, I (and my wife) are more worried about Ralph's wellbeing.

And I miss his contributions to APUG.

So I'll say in public essentially what I've said in PM and email - Ralph, if I can help, just contact me.

I too have been "stuck" on something in the past.

k_jupiter
06-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Personally, although I am disappointed about the camera going astray, I (and my wife) are more worried about Ralph's wellbeing.

And I miss his contributions to APUG.

So I'll say in public essentially what I've said in PM and email - Ralph, if I can help, just contact me.

I too have been "stuck" on something in the past.

Now you might think me calloused. but I have a pretty good BS detector. ZING!

Ralph, you will have a mail address to send it to me in three days. Make this right.

tim in san jose

Shawn Rahman
07-02-2012, 08:11 AM
If Ralph is healthy enough to be visiting camera shops and frequenting other online forums, he is SURELY healthy enough to offer us an apology or an explanation here. Or he can do the right thing by mailing the camera to us now, and all will be well.

cdholden
07-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Shawn,
Yes, I've seen him posting in another forum since your post on the 2nd. Some kind of closure to this would be nice.
Hey, we're still left hanging from the 7's too!

k_jupiter
07-10-2012, 12:38 AM
So Sile... Where is the Irish camera?
tim

Steve Smith
07-10-2012, 01:57 AM
... Where is the Irish camera?

I think it's in Ireland.

Steve.

Rick A
07-10-2012, 06:22 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ARE WE THERE YET ????????????? Wake me when we get there!!!!!!

thebanana
07-10-2012, 10:26 AM
No.
Ralph has been emailed, pmailed, I woulda snail mailed him had I had an address. No responses. Not one. I tracked him down through his last posts on APUG. Nothing.

This is not "I gave it to my girl friend and now it's lost." This one is squarely on Ralph.

It is his to decide how we look at him. Right now it is not pretty.

tim not in san jose (at a secret location trying to get a peaceful vacation in)

According to Whitepages.com there is only one person by this name in the state of Washington. It also lists a street address and phone number.

Marc Akemann
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Hey, I have an idea. Let's move on and have fun again. There's way too much negative energy going on here...and life's too short for that.

-Marc

Rick A
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I'd love to move on, except that means we get to process the film from both cameras. Oh wait, we don't have either camera back yet to do that. I guess that means we don't move on. But we can still have fun... at Ralphs expense(and who ever has the Irish camera).

Steve Smith
07-10-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought the Irish camera had made its way back home. Is it lost again?

EDIT:
Camera 8 has landed safely and undamaged in the Emerald Isle this morning....

Thought so.

Steve.

k_jupiter
07-10-2012, 03:52 PM
AFAIK neither camera is home. One is close. Sile has been on vacation most of the summer.

There is a Ralph Jr. hence the cornfusion. Just making sure I am harassing the correct person.

tim unfortunately in san jose

flatulent1
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
AFAIK neither camera is home. One is close. Sile has been on vacation most of the summer.

There is a Ralph Jr. hence the cornfusion. Just making sure I am harassing the correct person.

tim unfortunately in san jose

Check your PMs, Ralph Sr is the person of interest here.

flatulent1
07-10-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought the Irish camera had made its way back home. Is it lost again?

EDIT: Originally Posted by Simplicius http://www.apug.org/forums/images/apug4/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum184/104767-dare-i-say-camera-8-part-2-a-post1340828.html#post1340828)Camera 8 has landed safely and undamaged in the Emerald Isle this morning....

Thought so.

Steve.

That was two months ago. I presume it's still there...?

k_jupiter
07-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Bummer heavy sigh.

I talked to the Ralph Javins today. He swears he has never heard of APUG, does not shoot cameras, his son Ralph Jr. does not shoot cameras.

Can't sit here and call him a liererer.

tim in san jose

Rick A
07-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Bummer heavy sigh.

I talked to the Ralph Javins today. He swears he has never heard of APUG, does not shoot cameras, his son Ralph Jr. does not shoot cameras.

Can't sit here and call him a liererer.

tim in san jose

I don't "shoot" cameras either, I use them to expose images onto film. Oh wait, I do shoot digital cameras, with my .45 auto.

thebanana
07-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, that's mysterious. Perhaps Camera 8.1 never really existed, and this is just a dream.