PDA

View Full Version : Dare I say.. Camera 8? (part 2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Rick A
07-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Anyone else get a PM from Ralph today?? Claim is 8.1 in due back to Shaun by the 25th. Here's hoping!

MattKing
07-21-2012, 06:27 PM
I too have reason to hope.

toro_mike
07-21-2012, 11:47 PM
... and there was much rejoicing!

Síle
07-22-2012, 04:03 PM

I think this may require the opening of something with a cork.... I'll be happy to offer my services..

I've not heard from Simplicius as yet regarding Camera 8.2... I'll be sending him another message if there's no sign of the camera in the next couple of days. Anthony if you're out there... give us a sign of life!

Next holiday I go on I'll book a 20 roomed house.. and you're all welcome ;)

M.A.Longmore
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I think this may require the opening of something with a cork....
Nevermind The Cork.
I've been drinking Coconut Water, And Vodka for the past few days !
And I don't plan on stopping anytime soon ...

Ron

flatulent1
07-22-2012, 07:39 PM
I think this may require the opening of something with a cork....

And I'm wondering how on earth you open anything with a cork....

:whistling:

flatulent1
07-22-2012, 07:45 PM

Only when we've got the sucker in our hands and have actual results from the roll of film contained within.

Until then I remain a septic.

Or is that skeptic? Hmm... :confused:

toro_mike
07-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Only when we've got the sucker in our hands and have actual results from the roll of film contained within.

Worry not! If things take a turn for the worse, we'll eat the mistrels and there will be much rejoicing again.

Shawn Rahman
07-22-2012, 10:16 PM

Fred,

The day after I have the camera in hand, the film is off to Baboo Digital in Manhattan (hand-delivered to ensure safety) for processing and scanning. I thought about mailing to A&I in Hollywood (where I usually get my stuff developed), but this film has seen too many adventures already.

But if there is ANYTHING on this film, I'll find a way to get it on here.

Regards,

Shawn

Síle
07-23-2012, 08:18 AM
And I'm wondering how on earth you open anything with a cork....

:whistling:

It's a skill we learn at an early age.. if I told you, I'd have to kill you...
:bandit:

MattKing
07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
It's a skill we learn at an early age.. if I told you, I'd have to kill you...
:bandit:

Considering your location Sile, I was wondering if you had actually meant to say "opening of something with someone from Cork"

Shawn Rahman
07-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Camera 8.1 (Nikon) has landed.

Stay tuned...will post again shortly.

zsas
07-23-2012, 05:43 PM
WHOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Rick A
07-23-2012, 06:51 PM
YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA

Síle
07-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Considering your location Sile, I was wondering if you had actually meant to say "opening of something with someone from Cork"

Hmmm... I'm a person from Kerry... (originally that is - now from Wicklow.. So any people from Cork who might be here would be compromised... don't listen to them...

Camera 8.1 where are you??

Rick A
07-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Hmmm... I'm a person from Kerry... (originally that is - now from Wicklow.. So any people from Cork who might be here would be compromised... don't listen to them...

Camera 8.1 where are you??

Don'tcha mean 8.2, Shawn has 8.1 in his guarded custody. BTW, put me down for next years holiday, I'll take you up on one of those rooms. I'll bring a chicken.

John_Nikon_F
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Speaking of chickens, like I mentioned in the original thread, there is a pic of some on the roll in 8.1.

-J

k_jupiter
07-24-2012, 01:22 AM
I told y'all... both cameras were returning.

Come on Simplicius.

tim in san jose

Síle
07-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Don'tcha mean 8.2, Shawn has 8.1 in his guarded custody. BTW, put me down for next years holiday, I'll take you up on one of those rooms. I'll bring a chicken.

At this point I'm not sure who I am any more Rick never mind which camera is which! Oh and I'm looking forward to that chicken ;)

Tim.. don't count your camera's until they're hatched!

Shawn Rahman
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
To All:

I am pleased (once again) to confirm that Camera 8.1 (Nikon) arrived safely yesterday, a full one year, one month, and ten days after it was first launched on June 14th of 2011.

Much kudos, in the end, to Ralph Javins for the finest and most secure packaging job imaginable. Let’s just say I have enough bubble wrap for ten cameras now. Seems like Ralph was not about to risk damage in transit after all this time.

The camera is in great condition. The flimsy battery holder, although not broken, was secured by someone along the way. Thanks to whoever did this!

The package picked up a couple of hitchhikers along the way:

1) Buried deep into the vinyl camera case was a bunch of lapel pins from Manitoba. There are seven of them total, all courtesy of The Banana, who intended them as souvenirs for those who shot after him. It seems most, if not all, missed them, because if you didn’t dig your hand deep into the camera case, you probably didn’t even know they were there. Anyway, I have seven Manitoba lapel pins. I will keep one, and include six of them in the package for Camera 9.

2) AHEM: Whoever threw in the single latex glove – please explain this. It appears clean, but I didn’t look (or smell) too closely. :unsure:

Finally – waiting on the status of Camera 8.2. Simplicius is about to come through. I am sure Síle has the APUG goonsquad mobilizing, just in case.

Will keep you posted on the processing status shortly.

Regards,

Shawn