PDA

View Full Version : ADOX Art Baryta

ADOX Fotoimpex
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
ADOX Art Baryta - now available.

ADOX Art Baryta is a chemically neutral acid-free paper base with 190g/sqm weight coated with a pure white Bariumsulfate-emulsion. Especially stabilized for the use with photographic emulsions or alternative processes. Also suitable for a coating with aquaeus dyes or dyes dispersed in oil. The bariumsulfate-coating enables bright highlights and keeps the coating from difusing into the paper base yielding higher sharpness and less consumption of the coated media.

swittmann
05-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Mirko, these are great news. I look forward to buying one package to try it.

Peter Schrager
05-04-2012, 03:04 PM
what is the price and sizes available??
Best, Peter

ADOX Fotoimpex
05-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Peter,

we made 8x10/100īs two weeks ago. Other sizes will follow.
The price is 29 EUR net.
You can buy it with Fotoimpex (http://www.fotoimpex.de/cgi-bin/shop/de/index.cgi?func=direkt&artnr=41725).
Once freestyle carries this item they will charge a similar price and you donīt have shipping to the US.
They receive samples now so it will take a few more weeks before the paper is available from Freestyle I guess.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Photo Engineer
05-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Generally for coating, one needs a paper cut 1 size larger than the desired format. Thus for 8x10, one would probably need 11x14 and etc.

This has been my experience.

PE

Photo Engineer
05-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I have had a chance to test this paper with my emulsions. I find that it is excellent quality with a smooth glossy finish. It coats easily and after processing it presents an image equal to or superior to the Baryta papers that I have used before.

PE