PDA

View Full Version : Any LF and/or B/W enthusiasts in Central Florida

t2sqred
05-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Greetings all. Just relocated to Metro Orlando and wondering if there's an active B/W and/or Large format group here. I make negatives in from 8x10 down to 645, and am working to get my darkroom reassembled. Anyone around?

Thanks

TT

M.A.Longmore
05-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Welcome Home TT !

I'm located in New York, but there are a few Floridian APUG'ers.
I'll ask my APUG Brother J-Dogg to send you a PM ASAP.

Ron

jmccl@yahoo.com
11-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm over in Tampa. Been thinking about persuing LF of MF just to be different. I've got a couple of 35mm vintage rigs, a Kodak Retina 1a and a Minolta HiMatic 7s. I'd have interest in collaborating with a LF shooter to get some exposure (pun unintended). I could function as a mule on a field trip.

kerne
11-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm in Tallahassee shoot primarily MF and have a fairly well stocked darkroom my garage set up for both B&W and color printing. I also shoot super 8 every now and then and process both Tri-X reversal and E6 at home.

As far as I know, there's not much of a film community in north Florida, but we could always start one. :)

-- David N.
aniccamedia.net

t2sqred
11-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Let's start one! It would be great to get something going with like minded folks. At the moment my darkroom hasn't been unpacked so I'm not making many negatives, I've been doing wet plate work though. Tri-X reversal is really cools stuff.

doughowk
12-04-2012, 08:10 PM
We did have a LF group in the NE Florida area, but most of the LF users have gone hybrid and/or digital. I'm still analog. Have a darkroom space in the garage, and do enlarging as well as contact printing. Recently retired so hope to do more photography.

JimO
12-22-2012, 12:49 PM
just saw this message... there are some central florida apuggers, who probably haven't seen this thread... i'm in tampa area... hope you found some partners to shoot with... welcome.

JFoley
03-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I know this post is old but have formed a small guild here is Central Florida through Crealde School of Art in Winter Park, FL. In April / May will be renovating our darkroom which is located on the campus. Please reply if you are interested or have need for a darkroom, rental is very reasonable.

Fotojesse
04-24-2013, 10:37 AM
New to the site but I am in Gainesville, Florida. Shooting everything from 35mm to 67. No LF at the moment. Also working to reassemble my darkroom at home.

rjs003
04-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I spend my winters in Holiday Florida. I shoot 5x7, 6x7 in B&W, I also use digital for wildlife, It would make my winters a lot more fun if there was a group in central Florida.
New Port Richey has a very good camera store (Pasco Camera I believe) does some group activities.

mwdake
04-25-2013, 06:31 PM
New Port Richey has a very good camera store (Pasco Camera I believe) does some group activities.

Yes it is a good store. The owner, Jim I think, is really helpful and his store has some good older and used stuff.

J.Marks
06-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi, Myself and my wife are medium format, wet darkroom photographers. We're located on the east coast just a hair north of Daytona Beach. Might be nice to try a hook up day for some photography with other photographers of like interest.
Marks

JimO
06-17-2013, 06:31 PM
there are a number of apuggers in central/north florida, but seem to be distant... we should probably generate a "meetup", pick a location and a date... "central" location... photographic

get together for lunch, picture making, and conversation...

whadddya think?

jvo

Nathan Riehl
08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
I would be up for a meetup in Central Florida. I live in Melbourne, Florida in the Space Coast.

JimO
08-21-2013, 08:45 PM
nathan, let's see who else reponds... at some point we'll set a date and location and see who responds... i look forward to it.

jvo.:D

shashinzukuri
09-17-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm doing a cross-country move soon, and the moving company has really tight limits on its ability to handle my darkroom chemistry. If anyone in the Tampa FL area wants a fresh batch of Diafine or some decently-replenished Microdol-X, just let me know and it's yours.

dosilverhalide
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Black and white shooter just north of Gainesville, mostly 35mm and 6 by 6. Shot this sunday. 74485

jovo
09-17-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm happy to have come across this thread as we just moved to Jacksonville three weeks ago. Everything's still packed away, and it will be a while before I can set up a darkroom, but it'll happen by Christmas I hope. I use a P67, and Shen Hao 4x5. I looked on line at the local camera clubs, and they're not for me I think...digital kittens and sunsets, (fine for others, just not me), group shoots with a model (again, not for me at all), and some serious studio users who are mostly interested in artificial lighting (which I am not). If anyone organizes a meet up to share prints, and lunch or something, let me know, please. Orlando is nearly three hours away, but I can manage that and stay awake the entire time LOL! Closer would be better, too, of course. ;)

Oh....I just noticed I haven't changed my location under my avatar. Gotta do that now!

doughowk
09-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi John, glad you're in the neighborhood.
Camera clubs in Jax are all digital.
We use to have an active large format group in the area but that has dwindled to only 3-4 ( and a couple of those may be going digital). We do try to meet up once a month for coffee or an outing.

shashinzukuri
09-17-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm doing a cross-country move soon, and the moving company has really tight limits on its ability to handle my darkroom chemistry. If anyone in the Tampa FL area wants a fresh batch of Diafine or some decently-replenished Microdol-X, just let me know and it's yours.

Chemistry has been claimed! That was fast.

Good luck down here, everyone!