PDA

View Full Version : Any Melbourne APUG members?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Graeme Hird
12-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Good idea David. It'll give us something to talk about when the light's gone bad and we want to grab some nosh, though I don't fancy carrying a tube too far. It will probably stay in the car until required.

Graeme Hird
12-22-2004, 07:01 PM
This is where I had in mind, but I see it's changed considerably since I lived in Melbourne. I don't know where I'll park the car, probably in the city ot near the Tan.

Nige
12-23-2004, 12:46 AM
cool.. I can find that!

Kevin Caulfield
12-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Yep, it's where I was imagining it. Except maybe a tad further south.

Kevin Caulfield
12-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Graeme, yes around the tan should be a good place to park early on a Sunday.

Graeme Hird
12-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Yep, it's where I was imagining it. Except maybe a tad further south.
Okay, I'm sure you'll find me - but to make it easier, I'll be the one with a pink carnation on my tachihara :)

(Oh, and a tad further south gets a little damp at that time of the year!)

roteague
12-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Wish I was there to join you all, I'll be hoping you get great sunrise photographs. I am planning on being in Victoria again in October, so perhaps we can do something like this then.

David
12-23-2004, 05:42 PM
what's the 'tan'
David

Graeme Hird
12-23-2004, 05:52 PM
The Tan is a running track which follows Linlithgow Ave in the map above. I'll be parking the car in or near Linlithgow Ave. I won't be running anywhere .....

roteague
12-23-2004, 08:28 PM
I won't be running anywhere .....

I would, but the doctor told me I can't run anymore. :(

Glenn Mathison
12-29-2004, 10:51 PM
OK, I have a GO decision from all stakeholders, so I'll be there barring any last minutes emergencies on the home front.

Plan to arrive Melb mid afternoon Saturday, have dinner with Melb friend and crash at her digs (10 mins north of CBD). Meet y'all at the agreed tiome and place on Sunday real early, then hang out all day in groups, singly whatever, shoot, eat , drink ,talk, play with LF's etc.

So I have all day Sun and evening available to me. I realise not all will be in for the day, but is there currently any plan for a last light shoot, or are we just going to take it as it comes? I'm fine with a strong plan, no plan, or anyhting in between...

I'll be driving back to Sydney very early Monday to get back and spend the late part of the afternoon with the family here.

Glenn
(Sorry to disappoint, all I'll have is Mam 645's and 35mm)

Kevin Caulfield
12-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Judging by the responses so far to this thread, I think Graeme and I may be the only definites for the sunrise start. I probably won't be there for last light, will probably bail out around lunchtime.

Graeme Hird
12-30-2004, 12:11 AM
I'll be there at the appointed time. After that, it's a very loose plan ....

Kevin Caulfield
12-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Graeme, are you really going to be waiting for sunrise from 5.00 am onwards, or a tad later than that? I'll probably rock up around 5.30 to 5.40 ish (but my MF probably doesn't take as long to set up as your LF. ;) ).
Kevin

David
12-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Hi, My plans are to be there in the bright and early too.
David

ps forecast = Sunday Shower or two. Min 13 Max 23

Kevin Caulfield
12-30-2004, 02:54 AM
Great, see you there. I'll be the one with the little camera. Graeme will be the one with the big camera. ;)

Graeme Hird
12-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Kevin,

Yep, I'll be there bright and early. "f22 & be there twenty minutes early" is the rule for us LFers.

Oh, and David's tools are bigger than mine ..... ;)

Parking near the Tan is free all day Sunday, by the way.

Kevin Caulfield
12-31-2004, 12:04 AM
Graeme,
Cool, so David will be the one with the big camera, and you'll be the one with the pink carnation and the Tashihara. ;)
Thanks for the parking tip - I thought it should be free on Sunday but wasn't sure, and I was even going to head over there for a reconnoitre, so thanks for saving me the trip. :)

Glenn Mathison
12-31-2004, 03:30 AM
Where's Nige hiding?

Glenn Mathison
12-31-2004, 05:38 AM
Guys, I'm sorry to say I won't be there after all. I've reconsidered and with my forthcoming trip to NYC next weekend for 10 days, I feel I should hang out here with the boys and my wife. 3 days away for just a few hours with you all ended up being a little more than I thought I should ask of the family.

On the other hand, if Roteague is really coming in October, I'd rather plan for a week in Melbourne with my family in tow, then it works much better for me. (or you could all come to Sydney ) :)

Anyway, I hope you have a blast, and I'll just have to bide my time until I can see LF gear in the flesh.

I look forward to seeing some great images from you all.

Glenn