PDA

View Full Version : Any Melbourne APUG members?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Nige
12-31-2004, 06:10 AM
I'm on for the early start... just gotta get out of bed! Won't be staying the whole day and will probably bring a smaller camera as my backpack ain't quite finished.

Kevin Caulfield
01-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Well, Graeme, Nige, David and I turned up, and we were all there at sunrise. A great day was had by all. We got to see David using his 8 x 20 (!!!) camera, while Graeme used 5 x 4 and Nige and I stuck with MF. From the Yarra River start, we ventured to city laneways, the steps of Parliament, Southbank, the Exhibition Centre and Spencer St Station redevelopment. My feet are a bit sore, but I can't wait to see some of the photos.

Glenn Mathison
01-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Glad to see you guys had a fun day. Sorry I couldn't make it this time. I look forward to seeing some of the images too!

Glenn

Nige
01-03-2005, 03:31 AM
glad mine weren't the only sore feet.. I thought my shoes were comfy!

twas a good day!

Glenn Mathison
01-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Any images anyone wants to share?

Glenn.

David
01-22-2005, 03:56 AM
I've moved and am building a new darkroom Tuesday. Should have some prints within a week. Cheers, David

Graeme Hird
01-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I've scanned my trannies today but haven't had time to post them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Graeme Hird
01-24-2005, 04:47 AM
My 6 favourites from the day are now in my Member's Gallery.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2007

They all have the date "Mon Jan 24, 2005".

Cheers,

Glenn Mathison
01-27-2005, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the posts, I particularly liked the Jeff's shed and Observatory entrance images. And the little eye-catcher in the bottom of the laneway :)

Hope to make it if there is another down that way later in the year.

Regards
Glenn

Graeme Hird
01-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the compliments Glenn. I'm hoping to see some work from the others who attended soon - they must be busy ....

I'm not likely to get back to Melbourne for a couple of years :( but I'll try hard if there is another outing planned.

Glenn Mathison
01-27-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm not likely to get back to Melbourne for a couple of years :( but I'll try hard if there is another outing planned.

Hmmm, if we all came to Kalgoorlie, would you shout the first round????

Graeme Hird
01-27-2005, 05:48 AM
Absolutely - for the first twenty APUGgers .... the rest of the bludgers can go buy their own!:)

Nige
01-27-2005, 07:06 AM
I'm working on posting something...

BTW, I must have blinked when you took the Melb Skyline one! Probably get my roll of colour processed tomorrow.

Edit : Added a couple to my personal gallery page.

Graeme Hird
01-27-2005, 05:53 PM
Yep, the sun poked through briefly - I nearly missed it myself! Surely you noticed the mad scurry when both Kevin and I stopped talking to you mid-sentence?

roteague
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Ok guys, I may have missed your outing :(, but I didn't forget the pictures (although not taken in Melbourne). In the gallery I have posted an image from my recent trip to Australia. This image is title "Bass Strait Dawn" and was taken at Apollo Bay. I hope you like it: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5649

David
02-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I haven't forgotten about posting either ,but -(suprise) things take longer than expected. I just finished hanging the plasterboard yesterday. A bit more time before real work happens inside the room.

Glenn Mathison
02-02-2005, 06:49 PM
In the gallery I have posted an image from my recent trip to Australia. This image is title "Bass Strait Dawn" and was taken at Apollo Bay. I hope you like it: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5649

I do. Great image Robert. Patience is obviously a virtue of yours ;)

Glenn

roteague
02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
I do. Great image Robert. Patience is obviously a virtue of yours ;)

Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I find I generally only have patience when the weather looks promising. :p

Since you are in Sydney, perhaps you can tell me if you know the spot where this photo was taken? http://www.rainspirit.com.au/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=42. This picture just stops me everytime I see it.

Glenn Mathison
02-03-2005, 06:48 AM
Looks like it might be from Bradleys head from the angle. But the field of view is wrong. My guess is a boat in the harbour. Great shot though.

Glenn