PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: July 27-28-29, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

ic-racer
07-25-2012, 02:29 AM
My friend Bill that you met a little over a year ago has mentioned he may be able to participate.

Jeff Bannow
07-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Eva, myself, Dan & Silke will be coming in Friday night and camping. We'll be heading home Sunday.

jp80874
07-25-2012, 10:12 AM
thanks John, I will miss you all too. I'll have to save up for some film & holders I guess.

Dorothy,

Yes, I think a person as creative as you will want a few film holders. They aren’t too costly though. Given a choice I would go for the ones with the metal dark slides if you can find them. They are a little heavier, but I have had a few plastic ones crack. Cracks and breaks aren’t good at keeping things dark.

What sort of lens, mm and brand, does the kit have? At one time Peter had a bunch of barrel lenses (no shutter) from print shop equipment. He got them very cheap. Maybe he can help you expand your collection.

John

Shawn Dougherty
07-26-2012, 10:32 AM
John,
We got a handle on our work situation and unfortunately will not be coming until Sunday Morning.

As stated before we will be arriving Sunday Morning at about 6:15 am in the Happy Days Lodge parking lot for morning shooting at the Ledges. Pm me for my cell phone if you want to meet us, we have one possible taker so far. We will leave in time to meet the rest of the crew for breakfast at the Ritchfield Family Restaurant.

Shawn

Shawn Dougherty
07-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I just read that Ice Box caved is closed because of virus affecting the bat population! That's too, bad. We have lots of them where I live and they are fascinating to watch as they dive and hunt insects over the pond scum in the early evenings.

ic-racer
07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
John and I got the enlarger set up for the demonstration today. I also set out some example prints showing the effects of altering exposure time and selenium toning. Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.

Again, thanks John for making this possible.

jp80874
07-26-2012, 04:43 PM
John and I got the enlarger set up for the demonstration today. I also set out some example prints showing the effects of altering exposure time and selenium toning. Looking forward to seeing all that can make it.

Again, thanks John for making this possible.

Thank you Dale. You have put a lot of work into this. It should be a great demo.

John P.

jp80874
07-26-2012, 04:44 PM
It has really been raining here this Thursday afternoon. The grass is brown and the ground hard, so it will probably run off. Still, if I were camping out this weekend I would bring a ground cloth and some OFF for the bugs.

John

daleeman
07-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Dolly, John and Others.
Unfortunately due to the needs of my mother and father in a nursing home my wife Sue and I will not be able to attend this weekend.

I was very much looking forward to the demos, outings and especially the fellowship. I have come to really enjoy and look forward to these gatherings and I offer up three cheers to Dolly and John for herding us cats and supporting our growth in the arts.

Look forward to the next one to join in. Best of all to everyone.
Lee

jp80874
07-27-2012, 12:12 PM
I am so sorry that is happening for you. We wish you and them well. I am sure that is echoed for all the unherded cats. We are painfully aware of the situation. As I write Dolly is picking up her 91 year mother to take her for a brain MRI scan this afternoon. I have been told not to even think of a negative negative if I wish to live.

Thank you for your kind words on the camaraderie and fellowship. That is why we started these events some 5-6 years ago. We will save you some on a pie plate in the refrigerator for the next gathering.

John, Dolly, the cats and the dogs.

eclarke
07-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Mmmmmmm..pie..

Jeff Bannow
07-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Mmmmmmm..pie..

Is someone offering pie?!?!?!?

rbender
07-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Last minute looks like I can make it for part of the weekend. See you in a few hours.

Robert

Nicholas Lindan
07-27-2012, 02:43 PM
And last minute, looks like I can't.

Aged relative is now on oxygen and needs supervision. I thought I could get Visiting Nurses Association to look in on her this weekend for some of the time, but it looks not to be: the fax from the doctor's office never went through - not surprising, is there even a working fax machine left in the country?

If things change, miracles happen, or I grow desperate, I may show up unannounced.

In any case, I am looking forward to the next gathering and best regards to all.

jp80874
07-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Mmmmmmm..pie..

Yes, pie, camaraderie and fellowship on a pie plate, but you can't have any either until next time.

JP

jp80874
07-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Last minute looks like I can make it for part of the weekend. See you in a few hours.

Robert

Always welcome.

John P.

Jeff Bannow
07-27-2012, 03:10 PM
We've got monsoons and hail up here. Hope it will be dry down there when we arrive to set up our tents.

jp80874
07-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Rough weekend on older relatives.
I say older with some degree of caution.
Hope we all pull through.

Whew. You guys are rough on planning.
The cats aren't herding anymore.
They are flying about.

You all come.

John & Dolly

jp80874
07-27-2012, 03:23 PM
We've got monsoons and hail up here. Hope it will be dry down there when we arrive to set up our tents.

One part of Weather.com says at 3:15 PM for zip 44286
“Expect dry conditions over the next six hours.”
Another part says,
“Severe Thurderstorm watch until 11:00 PM”
There is also the statement,
“50% chance of scattered showers.”

At 3:20 PM it is 90 degrees according to the car thermometer and bright sun.

I am fairly certain it won’t snow.

I will take water, blankets and what was on the pie plate to the basement.

John P.

Jeff Bannow
07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
About as clear as the guest list this weekend!