PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering: July 27-28-29, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Lee L
07-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I wasn't supposed to tell you this John, but "organizing photographers" is one of the earliest recorded oxymorons. However, we're all glad you keep up the attempts.

Best wishes to all the ailing relatives and those caring for them.

See you shortly.

Lee - "organized photographer"

Whew. You guys are rough on planning.
The cats aren't herding anymore.
They are flying about.

You all come.

John & Dolly

john-bailey
07-27-2012, 02:42 PM
This is John B. I might be able to make Saturday afternoon. What is planned then and where?

Thanks,

John in Cuyahoga Falls

djkloss
07-27-2012, 03:09 PM
sorry I can't be there. I'll miss you all. My first box of 8x10 film came today so I loaded the one and only film holder that I have for it. It wasn't too bad. Looking forward to showing the results - next gathering.
Have a great weekend & hope the weather is great - God Bless!

htimsdj
07-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon. Per John's instructions, I'm bringing my own pizza. I found a place that wraps it in paper, and the bag says "subway". :-)

Jeff

ic-racer
07-27-2012, 04:34 PM
I just finished mixing up some fresh chemistry and packed my car with all the items for the lith demo. I'm really excited about doing this outside; I hope it is a fun time for everyone. Being outside should keep me awake; by the time we start at 9:00 tomorrow I will have already been up 24 hrs (in case anyone missed my prior post, due to unexpected changes in my schedule, I'll be working tonight.) What I will need is coffee, ice cream and pizza and I'll be set.. :blink:

See you all soon.

jp80874
07-27-2012, 04:45 PM
About as clear as the guest list this weekend!

Whew, I'm glad I didn't say that.

JP

Nicholas Lindan
07-27-2012, 04:47 PM
By Faith and Begorrah, we are still in the age of miracles - there is a home health aide coming for all of tomorrow. I'm free. Free at last. For a day.

So I'll see y'all then.

jp80874
07-27-2012, 04:54 PM
This is John B. I might be able to make Saturday afternoon. What is planned then and where?

Thanks,

John in Cuyahoga Falls

Hope you make it. Depending on when you get here we will be doing Lith printing demos partly in the yard in a wet plate darkroom and partly inside in the basement darkroom. If no one is here we will have gone to the Ohio Farm Museum, 1.4 miles away.

For a brief time we may have gone to the sandwich shop at Wheatley and Brecksville Rd.
It is called Richfield Gourmet Cafe 4174 Wheatley RD tel 330-659-2030

Go to the end of our driveway
Turn left on Everett.
Take the first road to the right (Southern Rd.)
Cross over Rt. 1-271
Turn right into the second drive after Rt. 271
There is a sign out by the drive saying something about picking vegetables.

If you see a sign for a Shaman you have gone one drive too far, way too far.

John P

jp80874
07-27-2012, 05:41 PM
As of 6:40 PM Friday it has started to rain here.

John P.

eclarke
07-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Mmmmmmm.pie...

jp80874
07-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Mmmmmmm.pie...

Shoulda been here. Pie was G R E A T!!!!

winger
07-27-2012, 06:24 PM
As of this minute, I'm planning on stopping over for a short visit. I'll have my Mordancage prints and a couple of lith ones. I'll only be staying a couple of hours because I don't want to foist my mutts on the neighbor since he'll be stuck with them next weekend and watched them last week. And I don't want to stick the rest of the cats with the active two-year-old for too long. He herds less well than the rest of us.

eclarke
07-27-2012, 08:03 PM
I kmow..But going to Mackinac and then into Canada next week..but Mmmmmmm..pie...

jp80874
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
As of this minute, I'm planning on stopping over for a short visit. I'll have my Mordancage prints and a couple of lith ones. I'll only be staying a couple of hours because I don't want to foist my mutts on the neighbor since he'll be stuck with them next weekend and watched them last week. And I don't want to stick the rest of the cats with the active two-year-old for too long. He herds less well than the rest of us.

You come young lady.
We seem to have a gang of us building.
See above posts for where we will be and when.

It is 9:20 PM now, waiting for Jeff, Eva & Silke.
Raining off and on.
Charlie and Daniel got soaked shooting wet plate at the farm, really wet plate.
They are here now dry and fed.

John

jameswilliamjones
07-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Wish I wasn't five hours away!

I want to apologize for my last minute back out on the July NE OH gathering at John's. I planned on coming up this morning (Sat July 27th) for Dale's Lith Print class but ran into a bunch of problems getting out of town on time (no, I didn't oversleep). I have a box of medium and large format prints to bring for the next one. I'm also considering a job that will bring me a lot closer to John's place which will make this much easier for me in the future.

But, as consolation, I am still willing to chip in for that Porta-Potty...or double up my donation next time!

Bill Jones
Portsmouth, Ohio

jp80874
07-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Sorry to miss you Bill. Next time.

John

Shawn Dougherty
07-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Charlie and Daniel got soaked shooting wet plate at the farm, really wet plate.

I just spit up a little coffee reading that... Thanks, John. =) See you tomorrow.

jp80874
07-28-2012, 02:15 PM
I just spit up a little coffee reading that... Thanks, John. =) See you tomorrow.

We will not allow you to have liquids at the breakfast table Sunday.

John

jp80874
07-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Change of plan. 5:30 PM Saturday. Bright sun. No one wants to go to dinner at 5 PM.
Meet back at house at 8 PM. We will try for dinner then.

John.

htimsdj
07-28-2012, 05:07 PM
We went to the Farm Museum and got the "you're not from these parts" look from the movie crew, so we thought it would be best to go back another day. We went to look for more photo opportunities, and then were so tired, we headed home.

I'll be there for breakfast in the morning, and will be looking for some photos before that.

John - I'll pick up my books tomorrow after breakfast, but I hope everyone can enjoy them in the meantime.

Jeff