PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange #26 Comments and Feedback

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rob Skeoch
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
I have two cards so far.
Michigan Avenue by Rollinger...very nice street photo.
City of Halle by Uwe Pilz ... lots to enjoy with this photo. Great tones and detail for sure.

piu58
06-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Yesterday I received Oxyreloads Back garden. At this photo there is much to see, it is a nice application of infrared.

George Nova Scotia
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
J Rollinger's "Michigan Avenue" was in the mail box yesterday. Very nice street scene, tons of detail. Strange, some of the street lights seem to on.

ozphoto
06-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Had a great start to the round, with cards from the following:

J Rollinger - Michigan Avenue makes me miss the 2 weeks I spent shooting the Conrad Hotel in Chicago; would love to go back for an actual holiday!
mooseontheloose - just got back from a whirlwind trip to Tokyo (work again) and I really want to get back there for a holiday as well.
Oxleyroad - IR is a favourite of mine and I've got a roll (or 2?) of this back home that I'm now itching to try.
piu58 - lovely tones and tectures: I love photographing these types of subjects also.

A great start to the round - looking forward to more soon.

Oxleyroad
06-15-2012, 07:45 AM
2/30

J Rollinger's - Michigan Ave. A street shot of the like I have not seen for a long time. I like it.

George Nova Scotia
06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Today's mail produced two cards:
Steve Hankins "Trees in Fog" Nicely done, I do like trees and other things in fog, must be from living near the coast all my life.
Oxleyroad 's "The Back Garden".Looks like a lot growing on in a tidy space. IR can be fun, I haven't tried it in a very long time but one of my favorite shoots was on IR. In fact it might show up on a postcard someday.

That's all for today's mail, but on the way back another darkroom followed me home;) I have a problem!

George

mooseontheloose
06-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Steve Hankins "Dogwood Flower" arrived slightly wet yesterday -- really nice image of the blossom.

ozphoto
06-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Steve Hankins "Dogwood Flower" arrived on Saturday - and like Rachelle, a little wet, but nonetheless, a really nice image that invokes the feeling of delicacy. (Gently dried it out and it's perfect.)

Nige
06-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Toda
but on the way back another darkroom followed me home;) I have a problem!

George

better than a stray dog!

piu58
06-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Yesterday I receives drpsilvers Salt in the water - corrosion happens. I enjoyed the print very much, and so my wife. Thank you!

piu58
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
One more card - Hiroshima memorial form mooseontheloose. I love the diffuse light of the paper laterns on the river. Great shot!

Oxleyroad
06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
4/30

Two more cards in the last two days. Steve Hankins-Driftwood with Lighthouse. Great image with the fog softening the lighthouse in the background. drpsilver-Textures, Shoreline Park. This card has stopped everyone who has seen it. The detail and contrast is what draws people to it I am sure.

Rob Skeoch
06-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Tulip taken with the lens baby has shown up from Steve... great use of depth of field and I love the darkness of the bulb.

Hiroshima from Mooseontheloose is in the house.... great looking sky and contrast

Back Garden from Andy... boy that IR always has an interesting look to it, doesn't it

Textures, Shoreline Park, sent by Darwin.... the grit in the subject really comes through.

JimO
06-22-2012, 12:34 PM
received

rainbow falls, steve hankins

the back garden, andy c

simmer house, uwe pilz

hiroshima, rachel

nice and enjoyable all... look at each day and it is a special treat.

i'm printing this weekend and will finish in about a week and off they go!!!

this is wonderful!

mooseontheloose
06-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Two more cards arrived, very luckily unscathed by the post office or the daily downpours:

Photobrazil's moody Itatiaia National Park -- interesting story, love the amount of detail in the shot

Darwin's "Textures" has nice contrast and lighting on a pretty gritty subject

George Nova Scotia
06-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Trips to the mailbox this week produced:

Mooseontheloose's, Hiroshima Peace Memorial. Lots going on and very interesting. Like many I've seen views of the site but none showing as such a vibrant modern site. Well done.

DRPSILVER's Textures, Shoreline Park Not your usual "park" scene but then again I have found many a piece of rusty metal in parks. Textures all round and yes corrosion happens!

That's all this week, the final batch of my cards are drying now and should be in the mail soon.

George

ozphoto
06-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Darwin's Textures arrived in Bangkok last week - I love the textures and contrast of this card, it's made me think about visiting some areas when I get back to Adelaide for a short break, for the exchange. :)

Oxleyroad
06-25-2012, 07:34 AM
5/30

boxBrownie's-old bush bashing ute in outback Qld. Great image that brings back childhood memories. Though I never had access to a ute as modern as what you snapped when I was younger. Glad you like your new scenery opportunities as well. Welcome to Oz.

hankins27
06-25-2012, 02:08 PM
This is my first round with the postcard exchange and have really enjoyed it. Here are the cards I have received so far:

Michigan Avenue - J Rollinger - A great candid street scene with wonderful exposure.

Textures, Shoreline Park - drpsilver - Interesting subject and it reminds me that nature always wins.

The Back Garden - oxleyroad - Very nice infrared image. Inspiring me to try infrared also.

Miyajima Torii at night - mooseontheloose - A striking image with great contrast.

Thanks for the beautiful cards!!

ozphoto
06-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'm heading to AU for several weeks for work, so any cards that arrive during that time, I won't be able to comment on.

I will do so when I return - and post out my cards also!