PDA

View Full Version : Small Print Exchange - round 3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

rst
07-22-2012, 03:53 AM
What is the timescale for when the prints should be sent? I would like to try printing on FB paper for the first time but will only be able to purchase this towards the end of August, and send the prints in September. If this is too late then I will print on the RC paper that I already have.Well, I think September should be OK - it least it would be OK for me, especially now that you let us know.

Cheers
Ruediger

andrew.roos
07-22-2012, 03:57 AM
Thanks I will check with the others in my group when it is announced.

Andrew

rst
07-25-2012, 06:09 AM
And here are the groups as I drew them out of my hat ...

I ended up with four groups of four and one name still in the hat. So I had to decide which of the four groups will become a group of five. When I realized that in group four there were only guys who really wrote that it is OK to send four prints it was clear that the last name in the hat has to go into group four. Sorry Laurent, that was you.

The groups:

group 1
Travis (Travis Nunn)
Kav
Eugene (anikin)
Sean (eskyone)

group 2
Mike (Mike Wilde)
Delphine (delphine)
cepwin
Paul (paul_c5x4)

group 3
vintagepics
Craig (ccross)
Steve (BoxBrownie)
akaa

group 4
Dan (DarkroomDan)
Andrew (andrew.roos)
Ruediger (rst)
Josh (jayvo86)
Laurent (Laurent)

As in other print exchanges, please send PM with your address to your peers in your group.

I am sure, it will be fun.

Cheers
Ruediger

nicholai
07-25-2012, 06:33 AM
Too late to join?

rst
07-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Too late to join?No, we can still fill up another group. So let it be group .......... one.

And here are the updated groups:

group 1
Travis (Travis Nunn)
Kav
Eugene (anikin)
Sean (eskyone)
nicholai

group 2
Mike (Mike Wilde)
Delphine (delphine)
cepwin
Paul (paul_c5x4)

group 3
vintagepics
Craig (ccross)
Steve (BoxBrownie)
akaa

group 4
Dan (DarkroomDan)
Andrew (andrew.roos)
Ruediger (rst)
Josh (jayvo86)
Laurent (Laurent)

Cheers
Ruediger

Mike Wilde
07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Group 2 - I have PM'd the addresses to all of everyone in this group. Please PM everyone in the group back with the address information I have posted for you, if i have circulated outdated or wrong information.

I wimped on this one in terms of producing new prints. I had a bunch of 'small proofs' hanging around in a storage box that I ended up printing s larger images, so you kind of get my 'works in progress' prints.

In progress before a larger print was made that is. For me that means hanging it (the 5x7 or 8x10 in a neutral tone single window overmatt) in my back hall at eye level with good natural lighting, and walking by it a few times a day for a few months. If I still like them after that time I know they are worth the effort to print bigger.

paul_c5x4
07-31-2012, 10:05 AM
I wimped on this one in terms of producing new prints. I had a bunch of 'small proofs' hanging around in a storage box that I ended up printing s larger images, so you kind of get my 'works in progress' prints.

One of which arrived in today's post. A nice little 10x8 print, marred only by a crease put in it by the postal services. Haven't quite decided on a neg for my offering yet, let alone finding time in the darkroom - Hope to get time within the next couple of weeks.

vintagepics
07-31-2012, 10:16 AM
OK group 3,

I have PMed my address and hope to be in the darkroom this weekend. I just got back from a trip to the Bahamas, so hopefully I have some halfway decent stuff in there to work with. If not, Ill print up some of my older stuff. Im also getting ready to try my first VDB if you want one. Let me know.

Travis Nunn
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry to be so late replying. I just got back from a 10 day vacation. I'll get my address out to everyone shortly.

Travis Nunn
08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I've got my prints ready to go, just waiting on addresses from a couple of group members.

Laurent
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Sorry for being so late responding, I'm just back from vacation.

I received the addresses from my group and will send mine.

Good news : I think I know what I'll print (IF it turns out fine from developing !)

Travis Nunn
08-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I've got my prints out in the mail today to the two who have already sent me their address (Kav and eskyone). Still waiting on addresses from anikin and nicholai.

Kav
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I look forward to seeing it! I've got some photographic events lined up over the next week. Once I'm done with those I will chose what negative I want to print.

cepwin
08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I got mine out Thursday. Would you believe because I used a proper picture mailer (which has cardboard) I had to fill out a customs form ?!

vintagepics
08-13-2012, 09:46 AM
The rain finally stopped, and the sun came out. I chose to do some Vandyke browns. I just got them done yesterday, so hope to have them in the mail in the next day or so. Group 3, keep an eye out for them. I hope you enjoy.

anikin
08-13-2012, 03:57 PM
My prints are in the mail, except for one - awaiting for the mailing address. Enjoy!

vintagepics
08-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Ok group 3. My prints are in the mail.

Mike Wilde
08-16-2012, 09:20 AM
I got your pic yesterday. Pinecones or something. It was me that did not make a proper evaluation so far.

I got home from an estate auction around 11pm, unloaded the truck, had not eaten any dinner, and was generally worn out.

More camera GAS. What an obsession.

New to me 1957 Yashicamat TLR and a 1977 Minolta XG-1 with a nice clean Rokkor-X 50MD f/1.7, and some early Vivitar 35-105 f/3.5 zoom monstrosity along with a camera bag of ephemeral including a dozen blotter sheets good for 8x10 FB print drying. And this was not even what I went to the auction looking to buy.

cepwin
08-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Good for you on the yashicamat.....that, or something like it, is on my list but I'm trying to wait since I just got the yashica electro 35 and my folks old konica T2.

nicholai
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I've got my prints out in the mail today to the two who have already sent me their address (Kav and eskyone). Still waiting on addresses from anikin and nicholai.
Sending my current one to you!