PDA

View Full Version : Small Print Exchange - round 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

vintagepics
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
All of my prints are out, and all have arrived. Group 3, you sure do some fine work. All of them will be framed on the wall. Thanks to all, and I can't wait to do this again. Please let me know when the next one come up.

Mike Wilde
10-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Paul, your very nice 'dog door' print is now framed and hanging beside Delphine's.
The Rocks print has not yet found a place for display, although I like it also.

delphine
10-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Group 3 people.

Sorry for not posting earlier as I was on holiday, and swamped since my return on Monday.

Mike - I am happy that you cut down the print to size, it was the intend.

Paul - Thank you very much for both prints. The Venice door is a wonderful image per se, very very subtle. An eye candy and an eye learner. The muted blacks and the tight contrast complements beautifully the careful composition. There is a slight blue black hue to it. It wins my heart, it is on my desk at the moment, and eventually it will be on a wall at home. Thank YOU.
Also, it's the first time I see this paper in the flesh (Lodima) - I feel like doing myself a pre-Christmas treat :)

paul_c5x4
10-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Pleased that my prints got to their destinations so quick and enjoyed by the recipients

Also, it's the first time I see this paper in the flesh (Lodima) - I feel like doing myself a pre-Christmas treat :)

It is a slow paper, and I do mean slow - I was doing eight minute exposures just to get a contact print and having done that, I wouldn't even want to consider an enlargement.. Need to make a proper exposure box with some big lamps so that I can get down to 30 second exposures before I use any more of the Lodima paper.

delphine
10-26-2012, 03:14 PM
That's what I read in your letter Paul. What kind of enlarger do you have? you meantioned 100W. I think that I have 300W halogen lamps x 2 in my enlarger head (Ilford multigrade), so may be that would do ?

paul_c5x4
10-26-2012, 03:36 PM
A 150W opal lamp projecting a nominal 6" square on to the base board through a 150mm lens - That's the best I could do with my Durst L1200. I have a few high power quartz halogen lamps kicking around, but as always, not enough time to play.

DarkroomDan
10-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Today I received an excellent print from Andrew Roos (Group 4). Very nice work, Andrew. Thank you so much.

Dan

BoxBrownie
10-31-2012, 10:56 PM
That's all three of my prints received. It's been a really good experience. I've got new pictures for my walls and have had the chance to learn from the different approaches to printmaking the others have made.
A great success for me. Here's to round 4!

Laurent
11-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Today I received an excellent print from Andrew Roos (Group 4). Very nice work, Andrew. Thank you so much.

Dan

I received Andrew's print a few days ago. Very nice work indeed, thank you !

I still have to produce a satisfying print for the exchange, things do not come as expected.

delphine
11-01-2012, 05:51 AM
I think that some of us aren't managing to produce prints within the time allotted, myself included. I am wondering whether it is worth to tag ourselves as either "slow" and "fast" printer. The slow ones being more "lax" around the due date.
The reason I am saying that, is that some people may be would get frustrated having sent a print within the time frame and not receiving one, whereas some others for personal or professional reasons are managing to print only randomly, if the result expected is not obtained, it prolongs even further the time frame.
At the same time it is good to have a deadline to aim for, otherwise thing don't happen, but if we were flagging ourselves as slow / fast, then the expectations are set.
I used to be able to be one of the first ones to submit at print exchanges, but nowadays my commitments are different, and I am realizing that I can't always stick to the submission window. I am very committed to what I do and therefore would always submit a print if I register to a print exchange, but I'd rather remove the pressure of potentially being chased up.

Not sure what you guys think, that's my two cents anyway.

Dee

andrew.roos
11-10-2012, 02:59 AM
[Group 4] I received Ruediger's lovely lith print this morning, after a mistake at the Post Office nearly saw it being returned to Germany. This is the first lith print I have seen in person, and the effect is wonderful. Thanks so much!

Laurent
12-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Group 4, I've finally been able to send my prints... may be a bit late for Christmas, though.

All my apologies for being sooooooooo late!

DarkroomDan
01-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Laurent,

I received your wonderful print yesterday. It arrived in perfect condition. I will be framing it and hanging it with the others I have received.

Thank you so much and Happy New Year.

Dan

Roseanne
01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I would like to be involved in this. How does it work?
Roseanne

andrew.roos
01-02-2013, 01:17 AM
I would like to be involved in this. How does it work?
Roseanne

Hi Roseanne

Ruediger (rst) runs it. He will announce in this forum when it is time for the next round to start - I expect this will be within the next month or so. You put your name down, then he divides the entrants into groups of four or five. Then you send a fine small print (max size 8x10") to each of the other members of your group, and receive a print from each of them in return. Simple and fun!

Regards
Andrew

baachitraka
01-02-2013, 05:08 AM
I would like to take part too...

Laurent
01-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Laurent,

I received your wonderful print yesterday. It arrived in perfect condition. I will be framing it and hanging it with the others I have received.

Thank you so much and Happy New Year.

Dan

Thanks for your comment, Dan, I'm glad you liked it !!

vintagepics
01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
so, when is round 4?

rst
01-05-2013, 04:55 AM
so, when is round 4?I think for the small print exchange we should be able to go with the same schedule as the postcard exchange - which means we start the next round every four months. The question is if we should go with the exact same schedule as the postcard exchange or if we should shift the schedule by one month - there are a few participants who are in both exchanges. I thought a bit about this the last days and think four months is a long enough time to do both. So let us start round 4 now.

Cheers
Ruediger

rst
01-05-2013, 05:05 AM
And here is the signup thread for round 4: Click!

Cheers
Ruediger