PDA

View Full Version : Small Print Exchange - round 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

rst
06-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Hey, I already mentioned in the thread for round 2 ... I think it is a good time to start another round. So here is it and to keep things straight I call it round 3.

Let's copy the rules from the last round:

Any traditional process allowed on any paper as long as the paper is no larger than 8x10. Smaller is OK, whatever fits.
As in the group print exchanges we will build groups of three or four people to send a print to each other. But there is no need to send the same image to each of the members in your group. Although sometimes it is interesting to get feedback for the same image from different people.
There is no need to mount/mat/frame the print. If you do so I think it is OK, but we should not expect others to do so as well.
I think maybe a little bit info about the image and the print is always welcome.

Lets say we wait for people interested until the end of July, then I will build groups and off we go with the third round.

Cheers
Ruediger

jayvo86
06-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm in. Do you need a PM?

-Josh

rst
06-27-2012, 07:59 AM
I'm in. Do you need a PM?

-JoshNo, just a message here is sufficient.

So we start with:

Josh (jayvo86)
Ruediger (rst)

Cheers
Ruediger

Mike Wilde
06-27-2012, 08:28 AM
It looks from my lurking on the Small Print R2 thread that it had a better sucess rate with prints getting out than I had participating in R1, so count me in for R3.

eskyone
06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm interested, not sure how it works. Also, I'm new to printing. - Sean

anikin
06-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Please include me. Love these exchanges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ccross
06-27-2012, 09:15 AM
This is the favourite of all the exchanges, so sign me up for another round please.

Thanks Ruediger,

Craig

andrew.roos
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm in, with one caveat...

I'm a complete beginner, so while I will produce the best prints I possibly can, they won't be of the same quality as those of more experienced members. Perhaps you could put together a beginners' group, or at least a group of kind participants who are happy to receive prints from beginners?

I'm really looking forward to this!

Thanks
Andrew

rst
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
I will not put together a group of beginners. I think it is good for a beginner to see what is possible. So I am happy to receive prints from beginners and I think all the rest of the people here in the print exchanges too. Everybody here on APUG started as a beginner so how can we not support beginners?

Cheers
Ruediger

I'm in, with one caveat...

I'm a complete beginner, so while I will produce the best prints I possibly can, they won't be of the same quality as those of more experienced members. Perhaps you could put together a beginners' group, or at least a group of kind participants who are happy to receive prints from beginners?

I'm really looking forward to this!

Thanks
Andrew

rst
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
So here is another list:

Andrew (andrew.roos)
Craig (ccross)
Eugene (anikin)
Josh (jayvo86)
Mike (Mike Wilde)
Ruediger (rst)
Sean (eskyone)

Cheers
Ruediger

vintagepics
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Never done it before, and it sounds fun. Im in.

akaa
06-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Count me in too

cepwin
06-27-2012, 05:45 PM
I"m with Andrew...I'd like to do it but I"m brand new to the darkroom (before last week I probably hadn't been in one in 30+ years)....I just got an enlarger which I set up but probably won't get a chance to try until this weekend. (I have the chemistry, safe-light, trays, etc.)

delphine
06-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Can the traditional process involve an hybrid process?

rst
06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Next update:

akaa
Andrew (andrew.roos)
cepwin
Craig (ccross)
Eugene (anikin)
Josh (jayvo86)
Mike (Mike Wilde)
Ruediger (rst)
Sean (eskyone)
vintagepics

Cheers
Ruediger

rst
06-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Can the traditional process involve an hybrid process?

Well, when does something start to no longer be traditional? I am sure there are some strong opinions about this here on APUG. I only have a strong opinion about what I allow myself to do but I am open to whatever others do. So why not?

Well, OTOH I would be a bit annoyed if someone sends out inkjet prints.

Cheers
Ruediger

andrew.roos
06-28-2012, 05:12 PM
I will not put together a group of beginners. I think it is good for a beginner to see what is possible. So I am happy to receive prints from beginners and I think all the rest of the people here in the print exchanges too. Everybody here on APUG started as a beginner so how can we not support beginners?

Cheers
Ruediger

Thanks Ruediger.

Andrew

BoxBrownie
06-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi there,
I'd like to join this round please.
Steve Brown

Laurent
06-29-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm in too, I love this small print exchange.

delphine
06-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Please count me in, and fear not an inkjet, as I don't print digitally.