PDA

View Full Version : MSA July/August 2012: "Between Sharp and Unsharp"

Pages : 1 [2]

Bertus
08-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Ahh! Someone can change the thread text, even after one day! Great and thanks.
So it must be visible to everyone.
Many thanks again!

- Bert

AMS
08-03-2012, 03:15 PM
here is my photo (my first one for MSA)

Andrew

Bertus
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Wow, this is fantastic Andrew, and welcom to the MSA!

- Bert

AMS
08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks! That photo was from my first attempt using Ektar 100. I am going to have to get some more of it.

Bertus
08-07-2012, 02:54 AM
I received several questions where the MSA button is located after uploading an image.
Time for some explanation:

Choose your picture and you see a button right at the top "image tools". > choose "edit image"
Choose "Please choose a default category for your image(s)": the button "SELECT CATECHORIE" with an arrow on it. >
Choose "Member organized functions" Monthly shooting assignment >.
Save this with the "save" button down on the page. Ready.

This is also useful when you have made a mistake in you text (I allways do...:p)
Good luck!

(Not written for experienced Forum Tigers)

MattKing
08-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I received several questions where the MSA button is located after uploading an image.
Time for some explanation:

Choose your picture and you see a button right at the top "image tools". > choose "edit image"
Choose "Please choose a default category for your image(s)": the button "SELECT CATECHORIE" with an arrow on it. >
Choose "Member organized functions" Monthly shooting assignment >.
Save this with the "save" button down on the page. Ready.

This is also useful when you have made a mistake in you text (I allways do...:p)
Good luck!

(Not written for experienced Forum Tigers)

This works, but there are other ways to get there that I prefer.

For some reason, the uploading function works differently for the MSA gallery then it does for the other galleries. In particular, it doesn't give you the opportunity to include the extra detail (film, developer, equipment, etc.). So what I do is I upload the image to the Standard Gallery, including all that information.

Then I use the "Edit" function to move the image from the Standard Gallery to the MSA gallery.

Bertus
08-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Just about three weeks to go for the MSA subject Sharp/Unsharp.
I saw a lot of nice and creative immages and I think there's more to come.
That's very good and I am very curious to see what we get!

- Bert

Griz
08-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Just about three weeks to go for the MSA subject Sharp/Unsharp.
I saw a lot of nice and creative immages and I think there's more to come.
That's very good and I am very curious to see what we get!

- Bert

Hi Bert, figured I'd try one more from the same roll:

K1000, SMC 50mm F2, wide open, 1/1000th, on HP5+
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j330/Grizman7/Miscellaneous/K1000test2-2.jpg

Griz

Bertus
08-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Another beautiful photo! Thanks Griz, and let them coming.

- Bert

ArtO
08-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Great images here everyone. I'm enjoying this MSA. Thanks.

Bertus
08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Just two weeks to go for the MSA sharp-unsharp assignment. There are many beautiful pictures to see, make the choice even harder for me and show us more!
(picture 6x6 rol, 250 mm diaphragm wide open)

- Bert

Bertus
08-21-2012, 07:05 AM
With the latest picture of Denis P. we have again a good example sharp/unsharp and a great body of work this time.
I am very curious what more we get to see!!!!
Thanks Denis. P

- Bert

Denis P.
08-21-2012, 10:16 AM
With the latest picture of Denis P. we have again a good example sharp/unsharp and a great body of work this time.
- Bert

Thanks for the kind words, Bert.
(Bert is talking about this one: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=68445&catid=member&imageuser=1926)

I must admit I don't really follow these assignments, but it sure looks like fun, so I decided to join this round :)

In the meantime I added another quite recent one to my gallery, which might fit the theme:
http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=68448&c=508

(don't know if I'm allowed to post more than one, though.... Apologise if I'm breaking any rules - will remove the second one if it's not allowed...)

Regards,
Denis

Bertus
08-25-2012, 08:27 AM
About one week to go for this assignment.
So let's think about the following assignment MSA Sept/october 2012:............ please.
The (still unknown) "winner" who may choose the next topic can start thinking, maybe there are ideas allready?
Thanks!!!

- Bert

Bertus
09-01-2012, 01:14 AM
With a lot of participants and many beautiful pictures, we can look back on a successful topic. There were many types of photography such as portrait, nature, abstract, mood and working with close-up, focus, distance, tele, speed, etc. etc. and combinations of this in color and in b&w. And every catachorie could have a winner.... but I can point just one !!!!
In the thread and MSA gallery: KAV: great work from Thailand, Ezzie: a strong and very creative shot from a serendipitous event, Griz: a wonderful plant and flower-print, AMS: an absolutely stunning Thunderbird picture, ArtO: a beautiful Abstract Crepe Myrtle Blossoms, Andrew Roos: with his impressive Kranzkloof Falls, Mopar Guy and a fantastic series Hummingbird and a nice Grass photo, Noons: and his great photo’s blah-blah and revery from his wonderful daughter, Cliveh: superb picture Grass - Spain, Dennis P. with an excellent station image and window photo, Sly: excellent photo of coathooks, Barbara Ann: Very nice work with Wind Chimes, Black eyed Susans(!) and Rose. And as last a few examples of myself.
Mopar guy with his nice and interesting Hummingbirdseries and special Hummingbird-2 did it fot me, so he can start with the next Thread: MSA September/october 2012:............ Congratulations Mopar Guy!
And thanks everyone for your contributions.
- Bert

nsouto
09-01-2012, 05:50 AM
Congrats, MPar guy. Lovely shots!
Looking forward to the next challenge. Just joined a meetup group of analog photographers here in Sydney, it's gonna be a fun few months coming up!

Griz
09-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Congrats Mopar Guy, and thanks Bert, for all of your good work heading up this assignment!

Cheers,
Griz

Kav
09-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Congrats Mopar Guy!