PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: Signup & Pre-Launch Discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

thebanana
08-07-2012, 09:44 PM
Banana,

That's terrific!

BTW: Your pins are going out with the cameras.

Also, has it started snowing there yet?

Climate change, baby! It's freakin hot here.:D

flatulent1
08-08-2012, 10:01 PM
It's got real quiet around here, all of a sudden. Everybody having second thoughts?

nicholai
08-09-2012, 07:42 AM
I want to join! Been lurking around and this is really something for me.
I'm in Denmark! I also have a multitude of cameras i can donate.

Shawn Rahman
08-09-2012, 09:01 AM
It's got real quiet around here, all of a sudden. Everybody having second thoughts?

Fred,

We're just testing everyone's resolve! Perhaps when we have Round 8 pics posted by next week we'll get everyone going again, especially veterans who haven't signed up yet.

Shawn

Shawn Rahman
08-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I want to join! Been lurking around and this is really something for me.
I'm in Denmark! I also have a multitude of cameras i can donate.

Absolutely! Please scroll up to post #11 on page 2 for instructions on the information to get on the list.

Not sure at this point if we'll need a camera, but one originating in Denmark would be fantastic. Please PM me and let me know what you might be willing to donate. We have a number of cameras already lined up, but there's a good chance yours might be better! And one already in Europe might be ideal if we can muster up a few more members in Europe & Asia within the next few weeks.

Shawn Rahman
08-15-2012, 07:27 PM
OK, all - sorry for the brief hiatus! I am working on the list for Camera 9, and should have the preliminary list arranged geographically by this weekend.

Hope you all are doing well.

Regards,

Shawn

kraker
08-24-2012, 02:13 AM
Where's the rest of U.K. and Europe (beside's Síle)?

Count me in, PM sent! Seeing the results of camera 8 (the winning one, that is :whistling:) was the trigger I needed to sign up again.

Raphael
08-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi Shawn,

Rec'd a PM from mooseontheloose from Japan, and she's in again.

Where's the rest of U.K. and Europe (beside's Síle)? And polyglot from down under?

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon!

Here ! Here !

A first timer from France, if not too late...

PM sent a few seconds ago...
Regards,

Raphael

Shawn Rahman
08-28-2012, 10:19 AM
All late comers are on board! Nice to see we are still getting requests to join.

Now that the film has been processed from both Round 8 cameras, we can close the signup for Round 9. A little later than planned, I know, but glad to see no one's enthusiasm is waning. :whistling:

Rick A
08-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Just pulled a great BIG chicken from the oven...onward through the fog!

Shawn Rahman
08-28-2012, 10:49 PM
It sounds fun. It happens that I collect pagan chicken recipes, but I confess I don't understand why. It's hard to imagine how it could take that long for the camera to make the rounds, but ... ah right, who am I kidding? I've been guilty of gross procrastination a time or two myself. That may be an understatement.

Depending on the number of people participating, there could be multiple cameras. People from each camera team could post when they'd forwarded the camera on. The thrill of competition or the shame of public opprobrium could become an incentive to slackers to take a picture, forward the camera, and post their pagan chicken recipe.

Who does the developing and/or printing when it's all over? How/where are the images displayed?

SkipA: Are you in? Please send me a PM with your contact info (name, address, phone, and email) if you'd like to participate! Thanks.

Shawn Rahman
08-28-2012, 10:56 PM
We have 23 participants in 8 countries for Round 9 so far (that's if you consider Canada a country).

NICE TURNOUT!!

Let's continue with everyone taking a couple of frames each. This means we going to have to send out two cameras again.

I have both cameras ready, loaded with Tri-X. Let's try to launch next week; we are figuring out the logistics/geographic arrangement right now.

Shawn Rahman
08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
To All:

1 or 2 Cameras for Round 9?

Can we briefly debate the pros and cons about sending out two cameras? Thinking about the difficulties of managing two cameras, and also the spirit of the project, I thought perhaps one camera might be the way to go.

But since we've already established a two-camera precedent, I'd like to ask for everyone's input about sending out two cameras again. Remember there are 23 participants right now.

If we use two cameras:

PROS: Better chance we get at least one camera back; everyone can take two shots
CONS: The "Let's All Shoot 1 Camera" meaning is diluted somewhat; will likely take a longer for one camera to traverse the globe than two; higher odds of losing one camera than both (Round 7 notwithstanding).

What do y'all think?

Shawn

Rick A
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM
I love the dynamic of two cameras, the (un)spoken competition of chasing them around the globe. There is a feeling of "us vs them", but the total comradery is wonderful. "Double your pleasure, double your fun--send two cameras instead of just one"!!!!!!!!!

toro_mike
08-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Two cameras works for me. I love the confusion and hysteria that arises... now was I 8.1 or 8.2??? :)

Steve Smith
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
now was I 8.1 or 8.2???

I don't like numbers. Lets give the cameras names this time!

Steve.

Marc Akemann
08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Steve, you mean like, name one 'Chicken' and the other one 'Egg'? Then we can see which one comes first. :)

I like one camera. The camaraderie is certainly fun but, in the end, less is more. We can view one roll of film rather than two and each image becomes a little more noteworthy.

-Marc

Rick A
08-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Steve, you mean like, name one 'Chicken' and the other one 'Egg'? Then we can see which one comes first. :)

I like one camera. The camaraderie is certainly fun but, in the end, less is more. We can view one roll of film rather than two and each image becomes a little more noteworthy.

-Marc

Okay, but since there are 23 of us, I get two shots and you get only one!

Marc Akemann
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Okay, but since there are 23 of us, I get two shots and you get only one!

Ha! Okay...it's a deal, Rick!

mooseontheloose
08-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Even though it does change the spirit somewhat, I also like the two cameras. And we are (within our repective groups) shooting one camera -- and if there are only 12 of us in each group, in theory we could take 3 shots each!