PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: Signup & Pre-Launch Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

k_jupiter
08-31-2012, 04:54 PM
320 Tri-X in 135?

If we use two cameras:

PROS: Better chance we get at least one camera back; everyone can take two shots
CONS: The "Let's All Shoot 1 Camera" meaning is diluted somewhat; will likely take a longer for one camera to traverse the globe than two; higher odds of losing one camera than both (Round 7 notwithstanding).

What do y'all think?

Shawn

Define ALL.

We don't ALL shoot two cameras do we? Anyhow... I will still be the enforcer here. The cameras will be in Shawn's and Sile's capable hands.

An Indian based Pagan Chicken recipe to appear in a thread coming to you soon.

tim in san jose

thebanana
08-31-2012, 08:22 PM
I vote we do a beef recipe this time!

mooseontheloose
08-31-2012, 09:07 PM
You know, Shawn and Sile might make good names for the cameras...

MattKing
08-31-2012, 10:14 PM

Or "To" and "Fro"

k_jupiter
09-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Or "Coming" and "Going".

Shawn Rahman
09-02-2012, 08:23 PM
It took me WEEKS to come up with a name for my son. Please don't get me started on naming cameras!

Shawn Rahman
09-02-2012, 08:35 PM
With a late surge in interest, there are now 27 participants for this round. Here is the list, in chronological order of the date everyone PM'd me with their contact info. The list has not been parsed geographically - I am working on that right now.

Important: If you are not on this list, but think you should be, it is likely because I do not have a separate PM from you with your contact info; please refer to post #11 (page 2) in this thread. We are nearing capacity, but have room for just one or two more, so if you'd like to join, please send me a PM!

Shawn Rahman - NYC, USA
Sile - Somewhere in Ireland
k_jupiter - San Jose, CA, USA
zsas - Crystal Lake, IL, USA
ambaker - Poplar Bluff, MO, USA
Jim17x - Worth, IL, USA
toro_mike - Englewood, CO, USA
edibot42 - Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
flatulent1 - Shoreline, WA, USA
technowizard - Los Gatos, CA, USA
M.A. Longmore - Hartsdale, NY, USA
John_Nikon_F - Duvall, WA, USA
Rick A - Emporium, PA, USA
jnanian - Warwick, RI, USA
thebanana - Manitoba, Canada
tron_ - Shelby Township, MI, USA
MattKing - British Columbia, Canada
mooseontheloose - Kumamoto-ken, Japan
Newt on Swings - Brooklyn, NY, USA
nicholai - Somewhere in Denmark; new address expected mid-September
kraker - Breda, The Netherlands
Steve Smith - Isle of Wight, UK
FilmSprocket - Pinckney, MI, USA
Raphael - Plougastel, France
walbergb - Manitoba, Canada
rcam - Portchester, NY, USA
rst - Oestringen, Germany

k_jupiter
09-03-2012, 05:35 PM
technowizard - Los Gatos, CA, USA, huh?

That will be a personal hand off. C.B. Hannigans unless you are under 21.

tim in san jose

Síle
09-04-2012, 06:31 AM

Now isn't that such a cute idea! Just think Shawn.. our babies would really be our babies!

Though I'm not so sure how I'd feel if (when) I read a post saying "Síle's been lost for 4 weeks now... last seen in the hands of TheFlatulent1"....

Síle
09-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I want to be on Siles team this time around, not because hers won, but I need a change of scenery(lol).
The scenery is really nice over here too Rick! Though go on admit it.. the winning kinda helped ;)

I vote we do a beef recipe this time!

I'm happy to moo've to beef too... been chicken now for at least 3/4 cameras!

Rick A
09-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Some day in the near future I'll be in Ireland, probably before I return from Italy and Israel.

Síle
09-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Some day in the near future I'll be in Ireland, probably before I return from Italy and Israel.

You're making your way through countries beginning with "I" I take it? Have you done Iceland, Indonesia and Iran too?

If you ever do.. shout, we'll go for some Ice Cream or (gu)Inness!

Rick A
09-04-2012, 09:35 AM
You're making your way through countries beginning with "I" I take it? Have you done Iceland, Indonesia and Iran too?

If you ever do.. shout, we'll go for some Ice Cream or (gu)Inness!

No, I'm going to the Holy Land then returning through Italy to visit family, after that riding the train through Europe. Thought it might be nice to do some shooting on the Irish coast.

flatulent1
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Now isn't that such a cute idea! Just think Shawn.. our babies would really be our babies!

Though I'm not so sure how I'd feel if (when) I read a post saying "Síle's been lost for 4 weeks now... last seen in the hands of TheFlatulent1"....

:whistling:

semeuse
09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm gonna hafta miss this one - moving (again) - but this time there's room for a REAL darkroom (I've missed that for the past few few years)

Steve Smith
09-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm gonna hafta miss this one - moving (again)

But moving house and not informing anyone of your new address is what added the fun to the round eight (or was it seven) cameras!

Steve.

semeuse
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
True...:unsure: hmmm

Black Dog
09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Is it too late for me to sign up?...

Síle
09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Thought it might be nice to do some shooting on the Irish coast.

It certainly would.. sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned there! If you do make it this way it'd be great to meet up for a coffee!

Shawn Rahman
09-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Is it too late for me to sign up?...

NOT TOO LATE! But you are very definitely the last one.

Please read post #11 on page 2 for instructions on sending the contact info to me.

Looking forward to it!

Regards,

Shawn