PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: Signup & Pre-Launch Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Shawn Rahman
09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Chris,

Just sent you a PM. Unfortunately, two people who we reserved for the list have not yet given me their mailing addresses. We should probably have launched the cameras by now and just waited for the commitment and addresses, but count yourself in. I will update the list later tonight.

Shawn

Shawn Rahman
09-29-2012, 06:10 PM
To All:

Thanks for your patience! Here's an update:

In my never-ending stupidity, I almost sent out a camera with an awful light light leak. This would have amused no-one (except, perhaps, Mr. Nanian ;)).

So after shooting two rolls last week to confirm that both cameras were okay, one of them had to be tossed, and a suitable replacement has been found. And that meant testing the replacement also. So both cameras for this round are now confirmed working and leak-free.

Finally - if you are one of the two people on the list who have not yet sent me your address, we are going to send you to the back of the line for now. More on this later.

Going to mail these cameras out on Monday. More on these cameras in the official Camera 9 post.

Regards,

Shawn

thebanana
09-30-2012, 07:34 AM
To All:

Thanks for your patience! Here's an update:

In my never-ending stupidity, I almost sent out a camera with an awful light light leak. This would have amused no-one (except, perhaps, Mr. Nanian ;)).

So after shooting two rolls last week to confirm that both cameras were okay, one of them had to be tossed, and a suitable replacement has been found. And that meant testing the replacement also. So both cameras for this round are now confirmed working and leak-free.

Finally - if you are one of the two people on the list who have not yet sent me your address, we are going to send you to the back of the line for now. More on this later.

Going to mail these cameras out on Monday. More on these cameras in the official Camera 9 post.

Regards,

Shawn

Job well done, Shawn!

rcam72
10-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Happy birthday Sile. Unless it isn't your birthday, in which case happy not your birthday.

Síle
10-05-2012, 05:14 AM

Regards,

Shawn

Shawn that's fantastic news! Thank you for all your hard work :)

Happy birthday Sile. Unless it isn't your birthday, in which case happy not your birthday.

Why thank you very much! It is indeed my birthday.. and your wishes are very kind and thoughtful! :kissing:

Rick A
10-05-2012, 06:01 AM
A very happy birthday Sile-- remember, there are no calories today so you can eat lots of cake and drink anything you want, no hang over tomorrow.

ambaker
10-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Happy Birthday! May there be many more happy days for you...

Rick A
10-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Just had a thought about this round of shooting--- did we even bother to include phone numbers and alternate methods of communicating? Might be prudent.

ambaker
10-05-2012, 09:05 AM
If everyone else provided what was asked of me, both a phone number and an outside email address was provided for contact.

Best
-alex

Rick A
10-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Im sure I sent my complete info-- but just reflecting on round 8--

lxdude
10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Why thank you very much! It is indeed my birthday.. and your wishes are very kind and thoughtful! :kissing:

Happy 24th!:happy:

cdholden
10-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah... Happy 21st (again)!

Shawn Rahman
10-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Shall we move on to the next thread?:)

Síle
10-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the bday wishes Rick, Ambaker, Lxdude and Chris it was so good to be moving backwards in years instead of forward this year.. I highly recommend it! :D

cdholden
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the bday wishes Rick, Ambaker, Lxdude and Chris it was so good to be moving backwards in years instead of forward this year.. I highly recommend it! :D

Funny. I didn't make the connection before, but our birthdays are only a week apart. Well, I was 21 again this year, so your 24 is MUCH older than I am.
What I find funny is that we are both Libras. I am well balanced, like the scales, and you're not... not... not what I would expect in a Libra!

Chris