PDA

View Full Version : Want to smoke a banana?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, old Jon can help you do that for certain. Back in the early to mid 1960s it was rumored that smoking the dried strings from the inner peels of bananas would get you high. One of the two jobs I had at that time was soda jerk, and so I got to peel lots of bananas for banana splits. Following the directions I had heard on a late night radio show, I dried the strings and rolled them into a cigarette and one night after work prepared to go tripping. Did it work? Well if you can get high by vomiting, I suppose the banana idea might be great. The cigarette smelled and tasted just about like burning garbage...and there was no narcotic effect at all from it. It reminded me of a cigarette marketed a little later under the name of Bravo. Those were made from dried cabbage or lettuce.

On the other hand if you want to smoke something more traditional, then this might be just what you need. I haven't smoked in a long long time, but I know others still do and cigarettes are expensive today. If you want a gizmo that will let you make your own (and you probably can still purchase filters), this is a real gem. You open it, put in your cigarette paper, add tobacco and make sure it is evenly distributed, lick the gummed strip on the paper and close the cover. Out comes your perfectly rolled cigarette. The Polo device was one of the best you could get. This one is in very good condition with 2 or 3 paint chips and some minor rust spots on the inner chrome edge. Nothing that will hamper your cigarette creating pleasure, though.

$10 plus actual cost of mailing, and I'll send this anywhere. PayPal ok for international, check/cash/money order inside the USA please.
Jon

Rick A
08-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Gawd, I just luv yer creative marketing.

hoojammyflip
08-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I've seen one of these in action, suprisingly by someone from a swimming club I was a member of.

PS, are my camera seals on the way?!

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 03:30 PM
A swimming club? Interesting. Yes...a Pentax ME kit as I recall. Mailed Monday morning.
Jon

Mustafa Umut Sarac
08-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Jon ,

Cigarettes are expensive here in Turkey also and We make our stuff. Its more modern than your technology. We buy 200 filtered empty cigarette cartouches for 4 dollar and buy 1 kilogram tobacco for 30 dollars and a filling machine for 5 dollars , you take single white paper filtered cartouche , put to the end of machine from the open end , machine squeezes the end to the machine , put to the rail pinch of tobacco and machine fills the cartouche with tobacco.

100 packages of Cigarettes costs you 70 dollars , single package costs 70 cents and tobacco is excellent and better than all american cigarettes.

Umut

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
That is interesting. Thanks for the explanation. The technology with this is old, but it still works perfectly. Maybe there is a similar machine to yours available here, but I do not smoke so I have no need for it.
Jon

Felinik
08-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Where do you put the banana in that lil thingie?

:D

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 07:23 PM
You have to use these bananas: http://international.stockfood.com/PreviewPage.asp?image=00379813
They'll fit just fine.
Jon

jglass
08-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Do they call it mellow yellow?

jimrohrer
08-07-2012, 08:46 PM
If I still smoked tobacco I'd buy that device in an instant!

Btw, the seals I ordered arrived yesterday, thanks for the fast service!
-Jim

ChristopherCoy
08-07-2012, 08:55 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously, can I hire you as a pitch man?

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Do they call it mellow yellow?

Quite rightly.

Electrical banana
Is gonna be a sudden craze.
Electrical banana
Is bound to be the very next phase.

Oh, while we're on the subject of banana songs, here is a very nice version of a very nice song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEq3Px5Ggg
I hope you like it.
If you like her, here is another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9X_QbzRwxk
(new take on a 1940s classic)
Jon

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 09:02 PM
You're welcome, Jim...thanks for the purchase!
What do you smoke if you don't smoke tobacco, by the way?
Jon

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 09:03 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Seriously, can I hire you as a pitch man?

Of course...it isn't carnival season or time for the State Fair, so I'm footloose and fancy free.
Jon

lxdude
08-07-2012, 09:28 PM
What do you smoke if you don't smoke tobacco, by the way?
Jon

He lives on Cape Cod, so I bet he smokes fish!

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 09:34 PM
He lives on Cape Cod, so I bet he smokes fish!

Like these guys? http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?cid=11&pid=357&did=1

Jon

thebanana
08-07-2012, 09:46 PM
I find this whole thread disturbing.

lxdude
08-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Like these guys? http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?cid=11&pid=357&did=1

Jon

I notice it says they're "Reef compatible-with caution".

So I guess they're not really reefers...

Jon Goodman
08-07-2012, 09:59 PM
I notice it says they're "Reef compatible-with caution".

So I guess they're not really reefers...

Yeah, well that's how I saw it, also. Not really reefers but they could be with caution.

Did someone say this thread was disturbing? Gee. I thought we were miles away from the level of disturbing. Guess we should stay away from the "Little Johnny" jokes, eh?

Jon

ChristopherCoy
08-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I find this whole thread disturbing.

Disturbing as in the flowers are talking to you again? Or disturbing as in "poor op can't catch a break because between hitler and banannas his threads can't make it to page three before someone hails a moderator?" or what?