PDA

View Full Version : HYDROQUINONE

Pages : 1 [2]

Photo Engineer
08-17-2012, 07:05 PM
I was with EK for 32 years. And, yes I hate to see them go down, especially the way it is taking place. It is now about 8 PM, and I have not had a drop! :D

Well, to coffee and fruit juice count?

PE

RattyMouse
08-17-2012, 10:19 PM
I was with EK for 32 years. And, yes I hate to see them go down, especially the way it is taking place. It is now about 8 PM, and I have not had a drop! :D

Well, to coffee and fruit juice count?

PE

Coffee and juice can be liquored up nicely so yes, they count.

32 years...wow. Regardless of what happens to Kodak, they cant take away what you accomplished and what your efforts gave to the photographic world.

RalphLambrecht
08-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Many deviations from this original d76formula have been proposed over the years. A recent suggestion, by Haist is to justomit hydroquinone and raise metol tohope this helps 2.5 g, creating D-76H, an environmentally friendly and more stable developer,sometimes called d76H.a simple but effective alterationby someonewho probably knows best.

RalphLambrecht
08-18-2012, 07:35 AM
You cannot just substitute ascorbic acid for hydroquinone. .

correct!I TRIED IT AND FAILED MISERABLY,JUST AS YOU SAID. DEVELOPER FORMULATION IS A COMPLEX SUBJECT.

Ian Grant
08-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Many deviations from this original d76formula have been proposed over the years. A recent suggestion, by Haist is to justomit hydroquinone and raise metol tohope this helps 2.5 g, creating D-76H, an environmentally friendly and more stable developer,sometimes called d76H.a simple but effective alterationby someonewho probably knows best.

Actually D76 was published around the same time (maybe slightly after) as another Eastman Kodak fine grain film developer (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum223/69180-1927-eastman-kodak-research-fine-grain-developer.html) which bears a remarkable reemblance to Haist's suggested formula with no Hydroquinone, in fact it's most likely the one he allides to.

Ian

lxdude
08-18-2012, 03:00 PM
here on APUB

This place is sort of like a pub.
Mostly friendly and jovial, lots of discussion, some disagreements, some arguments, some risque' humor, some dirty jokes, some clean jokes, some witticisms; a few who think they're funnier than they are, a few who think they're smarter than they are, some who are all talk, a know-it-all or two, an obnoxious jerk or two, a few who arrive clearly drunk; a couple of professorial types, some really smart non-professorial types, some young ones to whom it's all new, some who sit off in a corner and watch the goings on with amusement, lots of just regular folks; and through it all, the overworked, underpaid help, who try to keep a semblance of order, and the overworked, underpaid owner, who just wants to keep the fun flowing, but ends up spending most of his time keeping up the building.

Photo Engineer
08-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I love the analogy to a pub. The last real pub I was in was the White Hart on Drury Lane in London.

PE

RattyMouse
08-18-2012, 05:26 PM
This place is sort of like a pub.
Mostly friendly and jovial, lots of discussion, some disagreements, some arguments, some risque' humor, some dirty jokes, some clean jokes, some witticisms; a few who think they're funnier than they are, a few who think they're smarter than they are, some who are all talk, a know-it-all or two, an obnoxious jerk or two, a few who arrive clearly drunk; a couple of professorial types, some really smart non-professorial types, some young ones to whom it's all new, some who sit off in a corner and watch the goings on with amusement, lots of just regular folks; and through it all, the overworked, underpaid help, who try to keep a semblance of order, and the overworked, underpaid owner, who just wants to keep the fun flowing, but ends up spending most of his time keeping up the building.

100% spot on!