PDA

View Full Version : Darn that film, always sticking around...

semi-ambivalent
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
If the cut-'n-paste works:

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1795396816001&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured

s-don't worry I'm on lunch break-a

Thomas Bertilsson
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
If the cut-'n-paste works:

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1795396816001&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured

s-don't worry I'm on lunch break-a

That happened to me once with a roll of 1960s Verichrome Pan. Luckily I was able to find the owner easily, because I know him...

I wonder if that Ektachrome will develop in modern chemistry...

E76
08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm guessing not. It's probably E4. What worries me is that in the video she said, "there's only one place in the whole United States that can develop it, and that's in Colorado." Hopefully she isn't planning on sending it to Rocky Mountain Film Lab! For $42 she'll never see that roll again. Not to mention that statement may give people the wrong idea, that you can't film developed anywhere anymore.

jnanian
08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm guessing not. It's probably E4. What worries me is that in the video she said, "there's only one place in the whole United States that can develop it, and that's in Colorado." Hopefully she isn't planning on sending it to Rocky Mountain Film Lab! For $42 she'll never see that roll again. Not to mention that statement may give people the wrong idea, that you can't film developed anywhere anymore.

nope --
i think she is giving people the right idea,
old defunct film that is found in a JUNQUE STORE camera bag
expired in 1960 can't be processed many places anymore ..
that is 100% true

and if it was modern c41 or e6 film there are not many places that process that anymore either
since kodak and fuji have abandoned the consumer drop off lab service ...

oh well, the present day reality for locally processed color films in a lot of places stinks :(

lxdude
08-24-2012, 01:37 AM
It's probably E4.

Yep, E-4.
E-2 would work, IIRC.