PDA

View Full Version : NE OH Gathering, September 28-29-30, 2012

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Peter Spangenberg
09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll be there Saturday. Happy to go where needed. I'll be there 8:30ish.

jp80874
09-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Sue loves chickens. She has many times talked about wanting to live someplace where we can have free range chickens.

Besides, they taste just like chicken!

At some times during the day they run loose. Tell Sue to wear her biggest bulky coat and maybe she could take one or two back to Dayton.

Watch out for the 3 or 4 year old daughter. She is so cute. Mom tells me she has a long list of admirers and I am about 1000 on the list. Her job is to bring the eggs in every day in a little wicker basket. She might resent one of her brood disappearing.

daleeman
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
At some times during the day they run loose. Tell Sue to wear her biggest bulky coat and maybe she could take one or two back to Dayton.

Watch out for the 3 or 4 year old daughter. She is so cute. Mom tells me she has a long list of admirers and am about 1000 on the list. Her job is to bring the eggs in every day in a little wicker basket. She might resent one of her brood disappearing.

A chance to photograph this gal gathering eggs would be a wonderful thing.

jp80874
09-27-2012, 04:42 PM
A chance to photograph this gal gathering eggs would be a wonderful thing.

I would suggest asking Jim or Laura Fry. I know they like prints. I have given them 73 11x14s over two years. This has pretty much allowed us to do anything we have wanted.

Please be very very nice. This has been too good an opportunity to lose.

Nicholas Lindan
09-27-2012, 06:18 PM
I don't understand why we have such different forecasts.

I am using the NOAA forcast for "2mi SW of Richfield", which is how the weather service refers to your location.

But, really, would you rather trust a weather forecast from a source that merely 'forecasts' the weather or the government agency that actually 'Administers' the weather. [insert smiley as needed]

ic-racer
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I was hesitant to post on this thread until I was sure one way or the other if I could make it. Looks like I will be able to join up. Pizza Friday PM sounds like a good start!

I'd like to get together during the weekend and shoot in the flats with my 6x9cm view camera.

AnselAdamsX
09-27-2012, 07:57 PM
I can make it for Friday pizza. Hoping to check in to the hotel by 4-5pm. I have GPS so I can meet people wherever the flats is.

Chris

winger
09-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Bethe can join us when she gets here. She has directions and an I-Phone though I gather their new IOS 6 maps are not so hot.
No worries, I haven't upgraded to the latest one, yet. I like to let them work out the bugs first. And I can get lost no matter how good or bad the maps are. ;)

rbender
09-27-2012, 08:30 PM
I also have waited to the last minute to post. A good friend is coming in town and I will have to miss this get together.
Have fun. Wish I could join you.
Robert

jp80874
09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
I was hesitant to post on this thread until I was sure one way or the other if I could make it. Looks like I will be able to join up. Pizza Friday PM sounds like a good start!

I'd like to get together during the weekend and shoot in the flats with my 6x9cm view camera.

Lets shoot for 7 PM dinner. Bring your favorite. Glad you are feeling good enough to do this.

Maybe you and Peter can help Chris find the way to meet up with Jeff S and Nick. Peter has done a lot of scouting down there. We have met at two places and then explored for shots.

jp80874
09-27-2012, 08:51 PM
No worries, I haven't upgraded to the latest one, yet. I like to let them work out the bugs first. And I can get lost no matter how good or bad the maps are. ;)

We will leave bread crumbs, all one.four miles.

jp80874
09-27-2012, 08:54 PM
I also have waited to the last minute to post. A good friend is coming in town and I will have to miss this get together.
Have fun. Wish I could join you.
Robert

Wish you could too. If your friend is into film photography he is most welcome.

jp80874
09-27-2012, 09:06 PM
More on plan B rain option.

There is a great photo exhibit at the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2929 Richmond Rd. on the east side of Cleveland.

I’ll tell you about it when we get together. 16x20 color portraits of people and the objects they hold most precious. I think about 25 prints. Very emotionally packed.

It is a little expensive $10 senior or student. Not sure what you youngsters have to pay.

djkloss
09-27-2012, 09:07 PM
It is less than a week before the event. The Porta Potty has been ordered.

As usual the host is wondering who will visit us? Thank you all who have posted. Who else is coming? Any film lurkers are welcome.

Thanks,

John & Dolly

I will! I will! I am planning on camping Fri night & Sat night.

See you tomorrow.

Dorothy

djkloss
09-27-2012, 09:11 PM
What we need to know, is who is coming?
Who will be camping?
Who will be here when?
Of those coming, who would like to go to the Fry Farm Museum, who would like to go to the Flats, or is there a third as yet unspecified place you would like to photograph?

John

I will be bringing my 4x5, 8x10, and other various assundries (sp?) so the Farm Museum is always good depending on tourist levels. Flats is always good too, I have a "street" camera for that. I really enjoyed the coast guard station a few years back. It was all white and very deserted. That was fun. I'm open. The book show at the CMA sounds good if it rains.

djkloss
09-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi John,

I don't eat Pizza, (milk-cheese thing) she loves it but is doing really well on her diet, so she many not. I'll chat with her tonight about that.

Lee

Remember that coffee shop on the corner? they had really good Mediterranean food. It used to be called Aribica. I'd like to know their hours. I'm also on a health kick (doctor's orders) - vegetarian/vegan style so no pizza for me either. It's the cholesterol thing.

jp80874
09-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Dorothy,

What a burst of enthusiasm. Thank you.

As you may have read above, we canceled the Porta Potty because as of Wednesday we thought only two people were coming. I have been unable to mow the grass which is now quite high and wet. Why don’t you pitch your tent near the apple trees where the Porta Potty has been in past events. The tent should be drier there and you won’t have to drive on the grass.

“that coffee shop on the corner” is now called Richfield Gourmet Café 4174 Wheatley Rd. Richfield, OH 44286 330-659-2030 corner of Wheatley and Brecksville Rd. Hours weekdays 7-4, Sat 8-3

It is in the same shopping center with Teressa’s Pizza 4174 Wheatly Rd. Richfield, OH - 330-659-9555

As an alternative to the coffee shop Dolly thinks you could ask Teressa’s Pizza to leave off the cheese on their veggie pizza.

John

jp80874
09-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Chris and Dorothy,

If you do come early on Friday, why don’t you go over to the farm and shoot until the light dims. Then pick up your suppers and come to the house. Dinner at 7 PM.

Directions to the farm again:

Continue west on Everett Rd. beyond our house.
Turn right at the first road (Southern).
Cross over Rt. I-271
The Fry house and museum will be on the right at 2891 Southern Rd. Richfield, OH 44286 There are all sorts of signs out front about pumpkins, mums, museum.

Jeff Bannow
09-28-2012, 07:42 AM
BTW - if any of you coming are Zone System fans, and wouldn't mind giving me a 10 minute overview, I'm interested. I'd like to understand the basics before I dive into reading all about the process.

jp80874
09-28-2012, 09:02 AM
BTW - I'd like to understand the basics before I dive into reading all about the process.

Do you have ten years?