PDA

View Full Version : New at Photokina 2012: ADOX SILVERMAX 35mm film 135/36

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Richard Sintchak (rich815)
01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
As much as I'd love to try a new film I cannot justify using it vs all those other great films that are cheaper. Besides, I still think its just APX100 and I have a decent amount of that frozen still...

Oxleyroad
01-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Not strange at all. We have been here before. It is yet another example of "what the market will bear" or what the seller(s) think the market will bear. Clearly the sellers believe there is a premium on something new with lots of silver in the U.S. market.

Cynical on my part? Of course but I am only reciprocating the cynicism shown to me by the sellers.

pentaxuser

You want to come dowm here to the southern hemisphere and look at the prices we have to pay. I buy all of my film from overseas now. If I run out of a film, then I have to wait until my next order goes out and is subsequently delivered. I have to admit that I have no preference between US, UK or DE as to where I purchase from as it is governed by what I need and what the exchange rates are. Funny thing I am often trying to save only AU$15 on a AU$400 order when comparing geographic locations. If I were to purchase locally the cost would be in excess of AU$1000.

Back onto this film: I find it makes a great reversal with plenty of tonal range when developed in D19. I will buy more in time as my stock deplete.