PDA

View Full Version : New at Photokina 2012: ADOX SILVERMAX 35mm film 135/36

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

cepwin
09-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Looks cool...worth getting some (and it looks like their special developer) to try it.

SkipA
09-08-2012, 06:35 PM
It will be interesting to see prints made from it, and to compare results of processing in other developers. I wonder when Freestyle will have it in stock.

zsas
09-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I called Freestyle today to inquire, they had no idea re Silvermax. I email Eric to give him a heads up as to it being listed now at adox.de, I hope Eric has some intel re this soon.....seems like a nice emulsion!

Ektagraphic
09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Who was this film manufactured by? Was it made at Fotokemika before the accident?

summicron1
09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Itīs a coincidence.

The products presented now at Photokina are products which we prepared for the past half year and they are not (and canīt be) a reaction to the situation at Fotokemikas.
Silvermax is a special film based on an APX 100 emulsion but with a silver rhicher coating.
It uses an Agfa stock of clear triacetate base just like our first coating of PAN 400 did. This helped keeping the price within reason.
We have enough film for about 5 years. After this material is sold making such a film again will probably become very expensive.

This is a very good special film. I hope you will like it all.
This is not our replacement product for any CHS films and was never intended to be such.
No one knew in advance what would happen at Fotokemikas.

Mirko

i'd love to try it. may i presume it uses standard developers such as d-76? If so, put me down for a brick so I can give it a good test.

ct

zsas
09-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Who was this film manufactured by? Was it made at Fotokemika before the accident?
The picture of the film says "Made in Germany"

I suspect it was made on ADOX's premises, their About page says they make film...

We manufacture fibre base papers, 35mm films, rollfilms, sheetfilms, Super 8 moovie films, photochemistry and more.

Aurelien
09-10-2012, 02:19 AM
"Made in Germany" can only mean that is it cut and transformed in Germany ... This is German law about that !

Klopstock
09-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Made in Germany? Available in 35mm and 8mm? No T-grain emulsion? Emulsion not made by Fotoimpex inhouse? 100 ASA? Triacetete base?

Guys, it's so obvious. I would bet any money that it is Orwo UN54. The only remaining German film manufacturer is Filmotec, successor of the East German Orwo company. They produce black and white film for movies.

This is good news because it is a very good film. I saw results that were pretty impressive, even in good ol' Rodinal. I never tried it myself because it has only been available in rolls of 100' and more, and I just don't like to roll my own films, but I look forward to trying it as soon as it's available.

ath
09-10-2012, 04:05 AM
according to Mirkos post in his forum:
http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?showtopic=2611&st=30#entry14543

- Silvermax is based on AGFA formulas (modified APX100) and was made by ADOX
- Silvermax will be available only from ADOX/Fotoimpex

Klopstock
09-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Wow, that's even better news - a new film.

georg16nik
09-10-2012, 05:21 AM
"Made in Germany" can only mean that is it cut and transformed in Germany ... This is German law about that !

Or transformed and then cut? ;)
When the film is good and the price is right.. who cares where the film was made?

MDR
09-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Klopstock after rereading the original post by Mirko I believe you might have a point, the specs look a lot like Orwo UN54 ISO100 negative and reversal, Agfa Formula Orwo = Agfa, Modified APX is marketing speak adding more silver or another silver concentration has a huge impact on the emulsion and makes it a different film.
"Silvermax will be available only from ADOX/Fotoimpex" means they are the only one selling it as Silvermax nothing more.

But maybe I am wrong and even if it is UN54 that wouldn't necesseraly be a bad thing.

Dominik

michaelbsc
09-10-2012, 06:21 AM
So if it is an already known film, do we know how that film responds to ordinary developers instead of special ones?

D76? Rodinol? Xtol?

Tom Stanworth
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I'll eat my hat if is responds any worse to regular developers than Efke PL100, with its old school emulsion.

Bruce Robbins
09-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Wish they hadn't told us about it until they had some for sale. The suspense is too much!

cmo
09-10-2012, 08:15 AM
In the german forum of Fotoimpex they claim they made the emulsion on their own and that it is only available from them, not with other labels:

http://forum.fotoimpex.de/index.php?showtopic=2611&st=30#entry14543

As they are not Maco, I tend to believe that.

Aurelien
09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
And you trust every person who is not MACO? Aren't you naive?

Fotokemika has just announced the ceasing of their production, and a few days later, a new film is announced to replace the ISO 100 !

Do you know how a film is made, and how long maturation is?

Please, think twice !

ath
09-10-2012, 08:42 AM
And you trust every person who is not MACO? Aren't you naive?
Fotokemika has just announced the ceasing of their production, and a few days later, a new film is announced to replace the ISO 100 !
Do you know how a film is made, and how long maturation is?

Actually they stated that they were working on this film since half a year.

Please, think twice !

Always a good advice. Do you follow it?

I prefer to draw my conclusions after the film is available. ADOX announced to have samples at Photokina and it will not take too long until the first people have compared it to KB100, UN54, APX100, Kentmere 100.

Felinik
09-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I went with the Rollei Retro 80s (Agfa) for ~100 iso shots, bought 3x17 meters and have shot the first rolls @160 this weekend, will be interesting to see how it works with HC-110 (Inspired by Aureliens tests).

But it will for sure be interesting to try this new film, if it comes in bulk rolls that is...

:)

jnanian
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM

accident ... ?