PDA

View Full Version : Kodak is cutting more jobs. President and CFO stepping down.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Prof_Pixel
09-11-2012, 04:04 PM
A while ago I made a graph of the Dow and EK stock values from Jan 1990 to Jan 2010 showing the various CEO's.

Note that the Dow index and the EK stock prices are normalized to their values on 1 Jan 1990.

You can see how things started falling apart under Fisher.

pbromaghin
09-11-2012, 04:24 PM
That was simply the precipitating event that Perez was hired to manage Kodak's response to, not an obstacle blocking his efforts to do so. And he is accountable for his own success or failure to do that for which he was hired. As are we all.

Ken

Great Point, maybe the best of this thread.

Ian Grant
09-11-2012, 04:28 PM
A while ago I made a graph of the Dow and EK stock values from Jan 1990 to Jan 2010 showing the various CEO's.

Note that the Dow index and the EK stock prices are normalized to their values on 1 Jan 1990.

You can see how things started falling apart under Fisher.

Now that also coincides with Fuji making huge inroads into the US market boosted by their sponsoring the Atlanta Olympics in 1996, no longer was Kodak dominant.in their home market but rapidly losing market share. They'd lost dominance in Europe in the 1980's.

Ian

wblynch
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM
I wish Kodak would have entered the Photovoltaic Solar Cell business instead of junky ink jet printers.

I still have 6 boxes of Kodak Christmas Lights in my garage.

Christmas Lights!

Photo Engineer
09-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Fred;

Fisher chose Carp and Carp chose Perez. Like begets like.

Also it is interesting to remember how unimaginative Fisher was when it came to cell phones in spite of him being from Motorola. Maybe he wanted to avoid impinging on Motorola's turf?

Interestingly enough, both Fuji and Konica closed their US plants and no longer manufactured products here. In fact, the entire Fuji plant was up for auction having been build but really never used. They seemed to have some sense of what was coming. Our EK management apparently did not.

PE

RalphLambrecht
09-11-2012, 05:27 PM
wow. that explains the cheap furniture in my office!

lxdude
09-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Fred;

Fisher chose Carp and Carp chose Perez.

Carp are not averse to bottom feeding.

lxdude
09-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I wish Kodak would have entered the Photovoltaic Solar Cell business instead of junky ink jet printers.

I still have 6 boxes of Kodak Christmas Lights in my garage.

Christmas Lights!

OK now, THAT one made my jaw drop. Fewkin' idiots!

lxdude
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
That was simply the precipitating event that Perez was hired to manage Kodak's response to, not an obstacle blocking his efforts to do so. And he is accountable for his own success or failure to do that for which he was hired. As are we all.

Ken

Yes, Perez was hired to improve the health of the company, not to wind it down. He is an utter failure. Yet he is still there. That's just SO encouraging.

Prof_Pixel
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I wish Kodak would have entered the Photovoltaic Solar Cell business instead of junky ink jet printers.!

Sometime around 1980 when I was working in the Research Labs setting up a battery lab, the group I worked with also contained people working on coatable solar cells; I've forgotten what happened to them. Maybe PE remembers.

Photo Engineer
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
The Kodak Sales store at Kodak Park used to be a photographer's paradise. Film, paper, chemicals, and other supplies everywhere. Last time I was there it was Christmas Lights, Teddy Bears, T-Shirts and etc, all with "KODAK" in them somewhere.

PE

Sirius Glass
09-11-2012, 06:20 PM
I keep wondering if Perez/ IQ is bigger than his shoe size!

PE

PE, you are giving him too much credit for his intelligence.

If you squared Rerez's IQ, the magnitude would be less that 10 and the sign would be negative.

Photo Engineer
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
You cannot square something and come up with a negative number! :D

EDIT: Hmmm, I wonder if it is an imaginary number!

Sirius Glass
09-11-2012, 06:37 PM
You cannot square something and come up with a negative number! :D

EDIT: Hmmm, I wonder if it is an imaginary number!

YOU BROKE THE CODE! His IQ is a very small imaginary number.

newcan1
09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
When the President and the CFO step down, that is a damning indictment of the CEO. I cannot see how it could be taken any other way.

lxdude
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Well, the President was a Co-President (and Co-COO), so they still have a President and COO.
No doubt, the Co-COO setup was Coo-Coo.

RattyMouse
09-11-2012, 07:34 PM
YOU BROKE THE CODE! His IQ is a very small imaginary number.

PE is a smart guy.

EASmithV
09-11-2012, 07:52 PM
There are probably associated cuts in rent and office/plant expenses and supplies as well.

Seriously!? They should just get fake plants, if they keep dying... I guess it's too cold in Rochester, or they don't remember to water them or something...

wildbill
09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
all those jobs will return when kodak introduces their next wave of inkjet printers (not manufactured anywhere near rochester). Maybe not.

EASmithV
09-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Great, now we just need to wait for a color Foma emulsion... I'm disgusted by what has happened to Kodak, but c'est la vie. All we can do is buy film while it is available.