View Full Version : Hand Antonio Perez a pink slip

Pages : [1] 2 3

Prof_Pixel
09-15-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012309150022

It's right on!

Thomas Bertilsson
09-15-2012, 07:08 PM
If they somehow were able to let go of Perez, who should replace him, or who would want to replace him?

Ken Nadvornick
09-15-2012, 07:14 PM
"The Butcher of State Street..."

Wow. Hadn't heard that one before. This is getting really ugly.

So sad.

Ken

Prof_Pixel
09-15-2012, 07:44 PM
How's this for a laugh? Back in February of 2011, he was nominated for President Barack Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

"The White House noted that since joining the Kodak in 2003, Perez has led the worldwide transformation of Kodak from a business based on film to one based primarily on digital technologies"

http://www.rbj.net/article.asp?aID=186720

jnanian
09-15-2012, 08:16 PM
If they somehow were able to let go of Perez, who should replace him, or who would want to replace him?

i don't know thomas,
maybe the employees can buy the company
and have someone with VISION in charge ...
it is unfortunate that kodak is in the position it has found itself in
but unfortunately they seem to have lost touch with any ideas that
might lead them out of the dark and into the light ..

RattyMouse
09-15-2012, 09:07 PM

My vote is for PE to take the job.

Bruce Osgood
09-15-2012, 10:11 PM

Maybe Bain Capital needs to step in.

SkipA
09-15-2012, 10:36 PM
It would be nice if Kodak could do what Ilford did and just concentrate on scaled down film production. Return to its roots, as a much smaller company. Lose all the other baggage. But I don't see that happening.

SkipA
09-15-2012, 10:42 PM
"The Butcher of State Street..."

Wow. Hadn't heard that one before. This is getting really ugly.

So sad.

Ken

In the vein of Sweeney Todd, the Demon Butcher of Fleet Street?

Antonio Perez, the demon butcher of State Street.

Photo Engineer
09-15-2012, 11:07 PM
How's this for a laugh? Back in February of 2011, he was nominated for President Barack Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness.

"The White House noted that since joining the Kodak in 2003, Perez has led the worldwide transformation of Kodak from a business based on film to one based primarily on digital technologies"

http://www.rbj.net/article.asp?aID=186720

The president of Xerox is on the same council and for the same reasons. Xerox is doing the same thing as EK but more creatively. They sell a division to a foreign company and then the new owner lays off people. Nice?

PE

nickrapak
09-16-2012, 12:23 AM

I'll do it, and for only $500,000 a year!

jmck
09-16-2012, 03:22 AM
A sign of the times,take a look at http://247wallst.com/2012/08/06/outrage-bonus-paid-to-kodak-ceo-antonio-perez/ sad but it happens to Much.

Ian Grant
09-16-2012, 03:56 AM
A sign of the times,take a look at http://247wallst.com/2012/08/06/outrage-bonus-paid-to-kodak-ceo-antonio-perez/ sad but it happens to Much.

And that's just one of many articles stretching back years, something many of us have been constantly highlighting.

Ian

Ken Nadvornick
09-16-2012, 04:17 AM
Perez has managed to do something nearly impossible.

He's equally pissed off film customers, digital customers, commercial customers, employees, retirees, suppliers, vendors, institutional investors, individual investors, engineers, marketers, PR people (what happened to Colleen??), middle management, Wall Street analysts, bankers, the citizens of Rochester, Paul Simon, my dog,* and just about everyone on APUG.

And he's still in charge after having been publicly labeled as one of the worst CEOs of the year.

Looking back, it's an astounding accomplishment, really...

Ken

* He used Kodachrome too.

lxdude
09-16-2012, 04:29 AM
And he's still in charge after having been publicly labeled as one of the worst CEOs of the year.

Several years running.

Photo Engineer
09-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Guys;

The president of the US likes him and the EK Board likes him! :D

PE

ambaker
09-16-2012, 10:50 AM
There is a whole raft of people that I know and like very much; that I would never hire.

Great people, lots of fun at a party. Would have the same business results as Perez.

Business, in the end, has to be business. :cry:

Photo Engineer
09-16-2012, 11:53 AM
There is a whole raft of people that I know and like very much; that I would never hire.

Great people, lots of fun at a party. Would have the same business results as Perez.

Business, in the end, has to be business. :cry:

My point was that the board keeps Perez on, with ample evidence before them that he is apparently not competent.

The President of the US likes him on his "jobs" council, when in fact, Perez is laying people off and moving work overseas.

Having met Perez in person, I can say that he is a very pleasant person. Very much "presence" and very convincing. That last comment is very important in the present situation.

PE

Roger Cole
09-16-2012, 01:03 PM
It doesn't matter. Firing Perez at this point would be like firing the captain of the Titanic after they've already hit the iceberg.

Throwing him off the sinking ship first, however, would no doubt provide some small satisfaction.

Ken Nadvornick
09-16-2012, 01:36 PM
...and the EK Board likes him!

"Pérez was named president of Kodak on April 2, 2003. On May 19, 2005 Pérez was named CEO of Kodak after the retirement of Daniel Carp. On January 1, 2006, he became Chairman of the company’s Board of Directors."

There was no one who could have stepped up and fired him? Emperor for life?

:(

Ken